SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 08, 2013, 03:06 PM
How close are those trees?
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCee 57 View Post
agree with capt soap here... used mine a couple of times, but it's been more hit & miss than anything else.

I think my biggest problem is to get a constant RPM on the fan. Been using the remote with the power index on the lever, not precise enough... what are u guys using to set a constant RPM between the runs?

Thanx
I have my best results using a spare receiver and my transmitter. Dont forget to use a reduced number of cells lipo (ie 3 cells or less for a 4 cell motor). Helps with keeping a nice low rpm.
Goody63 is offline Find More Posts by Goody63
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2013, 03:07 AM
Life's short - Enjoy!
Zurich, Switzerland
Joined Nov 2009
628 Posts
Thanx Demon & Goody

Goody, it's what I did too, but just could not repeat the RPM from run to run. Using the index mark on my transmitter throttle lever produced different RPMs from run to tun. Not talking about huge differences here, but I would like to be able to reproduce runs at a same RPM.

How does one measure RPMs on a EDF?

Just acquired a Multiplex MULTImate to be used for some programming, guess I could use that for the task as well?
DeeCee 57 is offline Find More Posts by DeeCee 57
Old Apr 09, 2013, 03:47 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,361 Posts
I use a 2S lipo and I can get consistent low rpm with a servo tester confirmed by ear. This means usually 1 or 2 steps above 0 throttle.
anlucas is online now Find More Posts by anlucas
Old Apr 10, 2013, 10:33 AM
Chicago 'burbs
Joined May 2006
1,697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCee 57 View Post
Thanx Demon & Goody

Goody, it's what I did too, but just could not repeat the RPM from run to run. Using the index mark on my transmitter throttle lever produced different RPMs from run to tun. Not talking about huge differences here, but I would like to be able to reproduce runs at a same RPM.

How does one measure RPMs on a EDF?

Just acquired a Multiplex MULTImate to be used for some programming, guess I could use that for the task as well?
The easiest way to measure rpms is with a logging ESC, like a CC ICE ESC. Although I haven't used it, it has a live mode (using the USB cable to the ESC) that will get the rpm to your PC screen.

Also if you setup a governor (like "Set RPM" in Heli mode) you can always hit that same rpm, as long as it is actually achievable given the motor Kv, pack voltage, and load of course.
Alan Hahn is offline Find More Posts by Alan Hahn
Old Apr 10, 2013, 11:15 AM
Life's short - Enjoy!
Zurich, Switzerland
Joined Nov 2009
628 Posts
Anlucas, thanx but this is what I was doing, I must didn't get constant results, probably loosing some hearing with age

Alan, that seems a very good idea and I will sure try it as well (gotta reinstall Windôze on my Mac first...). I'm using Castle ESCs for the expensive models anyway
DeeCee 57 is offline Find More Posts by DeeCee 57
Old May 05, 2014, 12:35 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2008
5,476 Posts
Anyone that still have one of these balancers in perfect working order and condition that wants to sell it? I'm looking for one and I missed out on the opportunity to buy Dons.
T-CAT is offline Find More Posts by T-CAT
Old Jun 15, 2014, 11:32 AM
UK, Greater Manchester, Manchester
Joined Jul 2004
357 Posts
Just a note to let people know the MK3 version is out and available to order now.
Bob Blackburn is offline Find More Posts by Bob Blackburn
Old Jun 15, 2014, 12:41 PM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,361 Posts
Bob,

Looks nice. I like the new holder which should allow for easier mounting of the fans.

Apart from the visible differences, are there any other differences internally?
anlucas is online now Find More Posts by anlucas
Old Jun 15, 2014, 01:01 PM
UK, Greater Manchester, Manchester
Joined Jul 2004
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlucas View Post
Bob,

Looks nice. I like the new holder which should allow for easier mounting of the fans.

Apart from the visible differences, are there any other differences internally?
Anlucas,

No radical changes.
Sensitivity is the same.
There is now a usb socket on the front so aftermarket usb lamps can be fitted
The battery holder is now cradled and can be unclipped to replace batteries (less fiddly battery replacement)

The boxes and beams will be available for experimenters if they wish.
I am working on how to kit but skill level required is still too high i think.
Bob Blackburn is offline Find More Posts by Bob Blackburn
Old Jun 15, 2014, 02:42 PM
USA, TX, The Colony
Joined Dec 2005
729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Blackburn View Post
Just a note to let people know the MK3 version is out and available to order now.
Great, just ordered one
cquian is online now Find More Posts by cquian