Dec 03, 2010, 11:49 AM
Suspended Account
No Doubt, Ive gotten a couple of points already and i wasnt even trying to get them LOL You REALLY have to watch what you say in the off topic forum. Those Libs over there get their panties in a wad over what i consider nothing. I'll probably get another point for posting this

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJetType3
For some reason I believe you. Freedom of speech is definitely not welcome here and you're right, its the bottom dollar that counts on this site and it also protects some of the vendors, not all, but some. I guess its those the throw the most money at Jim Burke.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 03, 2010, 12:32 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJetType3
For some reason I believe you. Freedom of speech is definitely not welcome here and you're right, its the bottom dollar that counts on this site and it also protects some of the vendors, not all, but some. I guess its those the throw the most money at Jim Burke.
That's just the way of the world. This is a commercial website. I just don't like to hear people deluding themselves into thinking they are getting "THE TRUTH" here or that there really is some sort of "community". My experience has been very clear...for example, what made this site popular years ago was a troupe of volunteer moderators who kept a watch on things and guided the discussions. One day, they were all fired, and Jim Graham and the 'points system" put into place. The very people who made it what it was were just thrown out. And nobody really protested, either. Not much of a "community" after all.
Dec 03, 2010, 12:33 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yort69
No Doubt, Ive gotten a couple of points already and i wasnt even trying to get them LOL You REALLY have to watch what you say in the off topic forum. Those Libs over there get their panties in a wad over what i consider nothing. I'll probably get another point for posting this
Oh, man, watch out for that forum! You can make ENEMIES there! I swear to God, there are guys still stalking me since the 2004 election. For real!
Dec 03, 2010, 12:39 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Thanks for your honesty. For the record again, i did not mean anything offensive by that stupid smiley. Who is GWS ? How long have you had your business ? You seem like a nice guy and i appreciate you offering to help but you still haven't told me where i can get me a fuselage at?
To be honest i couldnt care less about these vendor fights . It does clog up the boards with BS though. I fully understand that things aren't what they seem to be around here. I am also heavily in to the RC Boats (14 boats now) and the vendors in that field are great people to deal with but this RC Plane hobby is a different story. What a mess ! I'm surprised ANYBODY can sell a plane in this environment. Hard to tell who's who and whats what around here.
Do many people from these boards deal with you? I might do a search and see if i can get any feedback on your business. The only thing ive read about you so far is the fights between you vendors which i dont pay much attention to. As you said , way to many shills around here.....
I think the vast majority of Model Airplane dealers are good to deal with, but lately, everybody thinks they can become a dealer, and there are some bad ones out there...
I am a boat fan, too, I have built ALMOST all of the Sterling Chris Crafts, and many small plastic conversions, stuff like that. Not really into speed-type boats these days.
GWS CEO is the CEO of GWS. GWS was an important company, they sold a lot of cheap models and electronics that got a lot of people flying electrics. But he would come on here and promise the world, and deliver very little of that, yet he had a cult following who would hang on his every word. GWS did not listen to one word of what their customers had to say, and they lost their ascendancy in the e-flying world completely. It's a shame. They had a clever thing, which was to have the CEO communicate directly with the customers, which made customers feel important, but I think the customers in the end realized he was not REALLY listening, just glad-handing them.
But, some years back, if you dared to doubt the Gospel Of GWS CEO, as I did, you would have a legion of GWS Cultists at your throat. All of those cultists nowadays fly Parkzone instead of GWS!
Dec 03, 2010, 01:04 PM
Suspended Account
ROFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My search is pulling up some funny stuff +10 Tiger You are good !!!
The down side is it could take days to go thru all this stuff....

Yes, and each free exoskeleton comes with an EXACT REPLICA OF BANANA PETE'S HAT. A SWEET and HUGE replica of the hat. The hat features smoke, retracts, bomb drop, speed brakes, working relief tube, and anti-dandruff technology. A total of 34 servos.
Dec 03, 2010, 01:41 PM
Suspended Account
I believe it !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidgy
Oh, man, watch out for that forum! You can make ENEMIES there! I swear to God, there are guys still stalking me since the 2004 election. For real!
Dec 03, 2010, 01:42 PM
Slope Stud
Quote:
How could that be considering you have only been a member since last week?

Oranator
Dec 03, 2010, 02:07 PM
Suspended Account
Cool ! I'm more in to the fast stuff. Ive got 2 VS1 with OS outboard. 1 stock, 1 modified, 2 Lynx Tunnels with CMB RS and CMB LX Greenhead power on OS legs (outboard), 1 TS3 outboard tunnel still in the making, 2 Thundercat 31 stock, 1 Vegas Deuce with .32 conversion, 2- .12 JAE riggers with Nova power, 2 .21 JAE riggers 1 with Nova and the other with CMB power and 2 TS2's that are for sale ...
Thanks again for your honesty Tiger. I will keep you in mind . I spend a lot of money on my hobbies but i want to be sure before i make another purchase that i'm dealing with someone who will take care of problems if they should come up.....

Quote:
I think the vast majority of Model Airplane dealers are good to deal with, but lately, everybody thinks they can become a dealer, and there are some bad ones out there...
I am a boat fan, too, I have built ALMOST all of the Sterling Chris Crafts, and many small plastic conversions, stuff like that. Not really into speed-type boats these days.
GWS CEO is the CEO of GWS. GWS was an important company, they sold a lot of cheap models and electronics that got a lot of people flying electrics. But he would come on here and promise the world, and deliver very little of that, yet he had a cult following who would hang on his every word. GWS did not listen to one word of what their customers had to say, and they lost their ascendancy in the e-flying world completely. It's a shame. They had a clever thing, which was to have the CEO communicate directly with the customers, which made customers feel important, but I think the customers in the end realized he was not REALLY listening, just glad-handing them.
But, some years back, if you dared to doubt the Gospel Of GWS CEO, as I did, you would have a legion of GWS Cultists at your throat. All of those cultists nowadays fly Parkzone instead of GWS!
Dec 03, 2010, 02:08 PM
Suspended Account
Dude, go away............

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANATOR
How could that be considering you have only been a member since last week?

Oranator
Dec 03, 2010, 06:23 PM
Slope Stud
Quote:
Dude, go away............
Maybe you should "go away" again.

Oranator
Dec 03, 2010, 06:34 PM
Suspended Account
So your one of the ones he was talking about heh ? What do you mean "again" exactly? I recognise you from the OT forum. Were your ears burning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANATOR
Maybe you should "go away" again.

Oranator
Last edited by Yort69; Dec 03, 2010 at 08:06 PM.
Dec 03, 2010, 07:55 PM
Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote:
Thanks for your honesty. For the record again, i did not mean anything offensive by that stupid smiley. Who is GWS ? How long have you had your business ? You seem like a nice guy and i appreciate you offering to help but you still haven't told me where i can get me a fuselage at?
To be honest i couldnt care less about these vendor fights . It does clog up the boards with BS though. I fully understand that things aren't what they seem to be around here. I am also heavily in to the RC Boats (14 boats now) and the vendors in that field are great people to deal with but this RC Plane hobby is a different story. What a mess ! I'm surprised ANYBODY can sell a plane in this environment. Hard to tell who's who and whats what around here.
Do many people from these boards deal with you? I might do a search and see if i can get any feedback on your business. The only thing ive read about you so far is the fights between you vendors which i dont pay much attention to. As you said , way to many shills around here.....

I buy from Curtis. While Curtis isn't always right (NONE of us are!). He will be honest with his opinions. I just kinda get his sense of humor. I just cannot help it. He makes me laugh. And, no, I ain't no shill.
Old Dec 03, 2010, 09:56 PM
squidgy
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Offsite link).
Dec 03, 2010, 10:17 PM
Suspended Account
LOL, I'll try to keep that in mind. Stay clear of the Oranator...Got it !
Last edited by Yort69; Dec 04, 2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old Dec 03, 2010, 11:25 PM
squidgy
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior).

Quick Reply