HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2005, 04:29 PM
Joined Dec 2000
289 Posts
BR Christmas Gift wont fly

Hello all I need some help I tried contacting interactive about this matter but they wont respond I have emailed them and left voice mail at there 800 number. I bought a BR for my son for Christmas and have not been able to get it to stay airborne for more then 15 seconds. The first 15 seconds are a blast but then it just slowly sinks to the ground. any help would be great this was my sons only christmas gift because of a really hard year and he is so disapointed. I do have experence with fixed wing electric and we charged the battery per Interactives instructions. any ideas
Spin_Doctor is offline Find More Posts by Spin_Doctor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2005, 04:36 PM
uk
Joined Oct 2004
980 Posts
If it's a li-poly battrey you'll need to charge it with a li-poly charger , Did the heli come with a charger ? Does it state what charge time required ? Do you know it's down to low power ?

i am the first to reply !! what do I win winwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwi nwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinw inwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwin winwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwi nwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinw inwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwin winwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwi nwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinw inwinwinwinwinwin
coaxial-gyro is offline Find More Posts by coaxial-gyro
Old Jan 06, 2005, 04:54 PM
Joined Dec 2000
289 Posts
I have charged it wit the included charger it has been cycled like the instructions say to
Old Jan 06, 2005, 05:33 PM
slow & draggy...
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Jul 2004
463 Posts
Thats strange - im getting 10min times now.
You've probably already done this -
but Make sure switch is off on both TX and copter then plug in charger and wait till light stops blinking- Can take longer than 20 minutes. My battery performed much better after a few cycles...
good luck...
Hobiestoke is offline Find More Posts by Hobiestoke
Old Jan 06, 2005, 05:46 PM
Joined Dec 2000
289 Posts
I have left it on for as long as an hour
Old Jan 06, 2005, 06:02 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
There's a lot of talk about flight times on the Bladerunner forum on Vendors, you may have a 1st generation BR. Unfortunately there are still some of them out there and they get poor flight times because the battery wasn't up to the task. The manufacturer changed to a different battery on later versions and flight times are 6+ minutes. The earliest version was black, had the tail motor wires run outside of the tail boom and had a ratcheted throttle. If this is the one you have, your flight times will never get better. Some people have opened them up and swapped to a 340 Kokam cell which instantly gives 10+ minutes of flight time. Others have returned them to the place of purchase and bought a later generation version.
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Jan 06, 2005, 06:44 PM
Joined Dec 2000
289 Posts
I thought it maybe would be able to be fixed but it looks like i have a real early version and I am total out of luck the store a local supermarket wont take it back and Interactive is totally ignoring me. I really have NO extra money for more LI-POs we had 5 major surgeries last year both of my sons had 2 each and I hade one well thanks
Last edited by Spin_Doctor; Jan 06, 2005 at 06:46 PM.
Old Jan 06, 2005, 06:50 PM
heli addict
Ohio
Joined Nov 2003
3,674 Posts
Hi Spin Doctor. Did you leave it charge until the light stopped flashing? I can take up to an hour for a complete charge.
humveeflyer is online now Find More Posts by humveeflyer
Old Jan 06, 2005, 07:06 PM
Joined Dec 2000
289 Posts
yes i did my friend that flys fixed wing electric brought over his li-po carger tonight and that didnt even help
Old Jan 06, 2005, 07:11 PM
heli addict
Ohio
Joined Nov 2003
3,674 Posts
sounds like you need to send it back for an exchange. That battery should give you at least 3-4 minutes.
Old Jan 06, 2005, 07:22 PM
Joined Dec 2000
289 Posts
Boy I would love to but interactive wont return my calls I have left 2 calls over the last three days and the store i bought it from wont take it back looks like i am stuck with this peice of
crap
Old Jan 06, 2005, 08:12 PM
heli addict
Ohio
Joined Nov 2003
3,674 Posts
Take a look at the huge blade runner forum. There is a very good document that tells how to replace the battery. You can replace it for around $10 and it will last for 10 minutes per charge.
Old Jan 06, 2005, 08:14 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2004
261 Posts
Spin Doctor,

Not sure where you are from , guessing the US, but cant you tell the supermarket that they have sold you a faulty product?

I know here in Australia that if a store does the real dirty on you like they seem to be doing to you there are lots of ways for them to come around to your way of thinking. Generally most of the big stores over here are generally pretty good. I have only ever had to mention to one store (Not R/C stuff though) about selling a dodgy product and how if they dont take it back I am more than happy to contact the relevant authorities (Dept of Fair trading), that made them change their mind cos they were in the wrong.

By the way dont mess around with the person at the front counter, go store manager or higher. Thinks get done much quicker that way.

I know being confrontational with some stores is a little off putting but maybe get a friend involved that is rather a bit in your face type of person if you dont wont to do it yourself.

It wont cost anything and if you can get a replacement battery from them you may have the problem solved at no cost and you and your son will be happy.

Best of Luck with it too.
damiens75 is offline Find More Posts by damiens75