HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:35 PM
United States, IL, Aurora
Joined Oct 2012
54 Posts
Discussion
Airfield tempest engine replacement

I need some help. I crashed my tempest and although I didn't do a lot of damge the engine has become loose. Can anyone tell me how to get to the engine so I can figure out how to fix it? Do I have to cut the cowling to be able to examne the engine?
john97618 is offline Find More Posts by john97618
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2014, 08:39 AM
I just want to fly
United States, MN, Eden Prairie
Joined Oct 2008
1,080 Posts
This is the “Electric Plane Talk” forum. You will have to post your question in the forum for “Engine” powered planes.
Maybe you can find it here.
Rhea is offline Find More Posts by Rhea
Old Oct 22, 2014, 09:07 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
13,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by john97618 View Post
I need some help. I crashed my tempest and although I didn't do a lot of damge the engine has become loose. Can anyone tell me how to get to the engine so I can figure out how to fix it? Do I have to cut the cowling to be able to examne the engine?
Just a guess after looking at pictures of the model, but once the spinner and prop is removed will that give you access.

Is it the right model for you ?.

I'm not trying to be nasty or awkward, but I did notice you have crashed a few models and I personally wouldn't have thought the Tempest is ideal as a trainer if you lack experience. They look fantastic, and that's probably a good reason to get one, if you have the experience to fly one.

Just trying to help, please don't take my comments in a bad way.
eflightray is online now Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Oct 22, 2014, 09:26 AM
Registered Voter
South Central Texas
Joined Aug 2009
677 Posts
I was prepared to chastise the OP for calling his motor an engine, then I read this: Difference Between Motor and Engine

Time to stop living in the past.

TP
AMA 59376
Tepid Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Tepid Pilot
Old Oct 22, 2014, 02:44 PM
I just want to fly
United States, MN, Eden Prairie
Joined Oct 2008
1,080 Posts
This is how its cousin the P-51’s motor is mounted. What’s that hole in the top of the fuselage just behind the nose on the Tempest? Can you get a screwdriver in there? It also looks like the front of the spinner will pop off giving access to the prop nut.
Rhea is offline Find More Posts by Rhea
Old Oct 22, 2014, 03:22 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
8,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepid Pilot View Post
I was prepared to chastise the OP for calling his motor an engine, then I read this: Difference Between Motor and Engine

Time to stop living in the past.

TP
AMA 59376
according to the descriptions, both terms were used to describe devices that get things done. so they seem to be substitutes even prior to the 19th century. yet, the author writes: "In the early 19th century, the meanings of motor and engine had already begun to converge". a bit late, methinks.

so, if we ignore the 1853 coining of "engine", can we assume that OP is referring to a torture device or trap? where are the Feds when you need 'em?
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl