SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 13, 2013, 09:59 PM
Australia, WA
Joined Jul 2013
207 Posts
Discussion
csf411

So has anyone been running this bike offroad.... Does it handle? I kinda guessing no. but chime in if anyone has witnessed it.I am considering getting the nitro version even if it only sits on display for the wow factor.

MR.
Ashyracing is offline Find More Posts by Ashyracing
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: SF506Nitro
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2013, 11:12 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,780 Posts
It wont work on dirt because it has no gyro, just killer looking rims. The ARX540 is only retail nitro rc dirt bike that works properly with rear wheel gyro.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jul 14, 2013, 07:08 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Hi there Midnite Rider, don't know if you've considered but if it is only sitting on display for wow factor why not get a MM and do it up using some of Throttlejunkies decals sets and detail the bike as much as you want as you aren't going to hear the engine anyway. He has quite a selection to choose from whatever your bike taste. Just my opinion but I think these bikes have a much higher wow factor and look almost like the real thing. Also if you ever wanted to use it off road they actually do work and work well once you've learnt how to use one and are a blast. Also because of the e gyro they would have to be a great bike to start with. Here's some fun I've had with mine.
Atomik MM450 all action clips (3 min 26 sec)

KTM Atomik MM450 track action (3 min 38 sec)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/newat...ach&p=25571393
The bike in the pic hasn't got TJs trick polished alloy chain adjusters, they look cool.
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Old Jul 14, 2013, 07:28 PM
Australia, WA
Joined Jul 2013
207 Posts
Chktm

Hey solid vid and sound track well made...You are right it does look realistic are there many hop up parts available? IIf I decide to get one it will be a nitro version for sure and install a more potent engine and go from there .I got an electric on road project to start sent from bruce so that will be my priority at the moment. Once again great vid.

MR
Ashyracing is offline Find More Posts by Ashyracing
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: SF506Nitro
Old Jul 14, 2013, 08:13 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Thanks mate, I love mine as it has to be the most realistic looking dirt bike on and off the track. There are a few hop up parts available through Atomik such as alloy triples, body posts, front disk brake plus a few more. I use a HB rear big bore shock customised and TJ makes some trick alloy bits for the shock and chain adjusters plus the decals. These bikes are ok out of the box apart from very soft stock suspension but once tweaked a little really work well. Fast Eddy bearings work well and are a good price also. Alleven make a micro chain setup also. They don't make a nitro version but TJ has made a custom one using an ARX frame and engine and adapted MM front and rear ends.
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun