SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 25, 2012, 05:07 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,070 Posts
I am sure that Dag will be posting something soon. Right now, his project manager, Emma is out of work with the flu. She got it for Christmas, which really is a bummer. So as soon as Emma is feeling better, I am sure work on the EII will begin progressing soon.

I talked to my daughter today, she also had the flu, so it is going around all over. Indiana, Lousiana and now the midwest is set to get whacked by Winter Storm Euclid whcih may dump as much as 12 inches of snow, strand travelers all over the place and Dag is stocked up on food, gas and from what he said, he is ready to blow some snow, should he get whacked like they say it is supposed to happen.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2012, 05:27 PM
It only takes one good idea
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
I am sure that Dag will be posting something soon. Right now, his project manager, Emma is out of work with the flu. She got it for Christmas, which really is a bummer. So as soon as Emma is feeling better, I am sure work on the EII will begin progressing soon.

I talked to my daughter today, she also had the flu, so it is going around all over. Indiana, Lousiana and now the midwest is set to get whacked by Winter Storm Euclid whcih may dump as much as 12 inches of snow, strand travelers all over the place and Dag is stocked up on food, gas and from what he said, he is ready to blow some snow, should he get whacked like they say it is supposed to happen.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Yep!!!
The Big "E" got bit by the Flu, they stuck a q-tip up her nose and the test said she had the Flu, but what is crazy is they put her on that tamiflu stuff and today her fever was 100% gone, she was only under the weather for 4 days, with today being the 5th.

We did get her S58 painted today though.........

Take care buddy.......

DAG
dag214 is online now Find More Posts by dag214
Old Dec 28, 2012, 05:31 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,169 Posts
Glad to hear Emma is feeling better.....no fun being sick.

The heli looks very cool!! And, just out of curiosity....what is the drawing behind her? A 101" 777?

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:06 PM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Glad to hear Emma is feeling better.....no fun being sick.

The heli looks very cool!! And, just out of curiosity....what is the drawing behind her? A 101" 777?

SteveT
What drawing??????

DAG
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:06 PM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Aug 2008
2,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214 View Post
what drawing??????

Dag:d:d:d
lol
bdelapen is online now Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:12 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,169 Posts
The one that I saved to my desktop for future reference....

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:15 PM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214 View Post
What drawing??????

DAG
Sorry Steve
I have fallen in love with my Wicked EDF's, I have 4 for the 36. The drawings are on line as paper planes.
http://cp.c-ij.com/en/contents/2027/list_45_1.html

There is a very cool 747
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1778464
Utilizing some of these drawings, I think.

So I am going to make a 101" 777 that will take 2 of my Wicked EDF's

This will not be happening until 2014

Thanks, DAG
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:17 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,169 Posts
Well...I think it is very cool!! I would love to build an EDF B-52, and I even scaled up some drawings to what were the smallest fans available (with motors that would actually work) at the time, but even with allowing for slightly over-sized engine nacelles, the plane would be about ten feet long (and other than making the fuselage in two pieces, I have no way to haul anything that large). There are now good motors for 30mm fans, and I hear the combination works well, so, maybe I will re-do my drawings and build it some time....

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Dec 28, 2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:50 PM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,834 Posts
subbed
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Old Jan 02, 2013, 07:45 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,070 Posts
Have you figured out the wheels for the EII racer yet? Those seem to be a pesky problem.

Good lightweight wheels are difficult to find.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:56 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,169 Posts
Just as a matter of mentioning. I used to race 1/4 scale radio controlled sprint cars, and we made our own wheels and tires. The wheels from round stock aluminum, and the tires were glued up from 1" thick sheet hard foam rubber. As this was about 20 years ago, I don't remember the name of the foam though it may have been Nitrile, or possibly even Neoprene. Here is one source of rubber sheeting, though there may be someplace closer to you. When I made mine I used a "General" brand circle cutter that I put an Exacto blade in. The problem is it only goes up to seven inches. That said, it would not be difficult for someone with a lathe and mill to make an adapter for it to cut larger circles/rings out with. Considering how long they lasted as tires for a gas power sprint car running on asphalt, I would bet they would work fine for a plane. And...I have some 5" tires that are made of the same type of foam, that are built up of three layers. I much harder center ring that is about 1/4" thick, with outer layers of slightly softer foam.

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:44 AM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
Have you figured out the wheels for the EII racer yet? Those seem to be a pesky problem.

Good lightweight wheels are difficult to find.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Sorry guys I must of mess lead you, I have the wheels, But just wanted bigger...... The ones in the pictures with the wheel pants are what I am going to use. I built the pants to fit the scale look I want, and the size of the tires I have now. If at the time I would have had 9-12" wheels (that were light and strong-45 pound plane) I would have made bigger pants.

Rock ON!!!!!!!!!

DAG
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:29 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,070 Posts
I guess I just plain missed the fact that you were going to use the wheels you made the wheel pants for. I thought that you did that mostly for looks to see what it was going to look like and hoped that you would find bigger wheels and then remake the wheel pants.

I just misunderstood you from the start. That happens. I should have waited to see the finished product and then I would have known.
Looking good.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:59 AM
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,006 Posts
What I did late last night... Yep.. that a V-stab mounted. I had hoped to start covering by now, but I just keep finding more and more places that need putty and sanding.

Rock ON!!!!

DAG
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:07 PM
Liverpool, England
Joined Jan 2005
1,145 Posts
Looking fantastic Dag cant wait to see it out in the sunshine and all assembled, Ken
heli_madken is online now Find More Posts by heli_madken