SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Goanna, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 15, 2012, 03:51 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2006
151 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
For Sale
Brand New! HP-Heli's SRC-500 for $179.95 + Free Shipping!

Just got in some of the brand new SRC-500 Helicopters from Hobby People's new brand, HP-Heli's!

These were just released last week. They are an easy to fly brushed electric helicopter, great for beginners looking to step-up to a larger model, and as a great first CCPM heli.

Despite the 500 name, they are closer in size to a 425/450 class heli. But that being said the video review looks quite promising.

SRC-500 (2 min 35 sec)

I am offering these at $179.95 with Free Shipping!

http://www.keyporthobbies.com/Hobby-...GHz_p_911.html
Goanna is offline Find More Posts by Goanna
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Goanna; May 15, 2012 at 04:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2012, 05:42 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
862 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
Electric tail?
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old May 15, 2012, 06:31 PM
Dirt Brakes ARE Standard Eqpt.
United States, OR, Baker City
Joined Feb 2008
20 Posts
Trader Rating: 54
Looks like electric tail motor. Axe CP clone? I'd try to get price down a little bit, and market toward beginner CP heli pilots. How's the parts support on these? Most beginner heli pilots want replacement parts available without having to wait for shipping.
djcarld is offline Find More Posts by djcarld
Old May 15, 2012, 06:40 PM
Joined Oct 2006
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcarld View Post
Looks like electric tail motor. Axe CP clone? I'd try to get price down a little bit, and market toward beginner CP heli pilots. How's the parts support on these? Most beginner heli pilots want replacement parts available without having to wait for shipping.
It's brand new from Hobby People but they have some parts in already, more coming in shortly. Also they say a brushless upgrade is in the works. As for the tail motor, it seems to work okay but I would have preferred to see a belt driven tail myself. For the price though, it seems like a good entry level craft even with an electric tail. Nice step up from a coaxial.

Also it's MAP priced at $179.99 so I can't go lower then that, but you can get 5% off by using the share feature on the product page to get a coupon code, plus you'll still get free shipping .
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Goanna; May 15, 2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old May 15, 2012, 11:48 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcarld View Post
Yea, this heli has been on the market for many years. They just changed the name. It used to be available in a torque tube version.

The price does need to come down a bit, as you can get a decent RTF T-Rex 450 clone for less than that.
KKUSA is offline Find More Posts by KKUSA
Old May 16, 2012, 12:20 AM
Joined Oct 2006
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKUSA View Post
Yea, this heli has been on the market for many years. They just changed the name. It used to be available in a torque tube version.

The price does need to come down a bit, as you can get a decent RTF T-Rex 450 clone for less than that.
Thanks for the info guys. I'll bring this up to Hobby People. They set the MAP on it. If it is just a HeliMax AXE CP in new clothes, then yeah I'll push for lower MAP on it as well.

If anyone is interested, I can offer better pricing on them, but can't post openly as that would violate the MAP agreement, so just email or PM me for a good price .
Site Sponsor
Old May 16, 2012, 02:21 PM
Krueminator
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,103 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKUSA View Post

Um....where would I find that?

I got bummed when I saw "brushed".
JCMorgan is offline Find More Posts by JCMorgan
Old Jun 28, 2012, 07:31 PM
Joined Sep 2011
7 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Thanks for a smooth purchase on the SRC-500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goanna View Post
Thanks for the info guys. I'll bring this up to Hobby People. They set the MAP on it. If it is just a HeliMax AXE CP in new clothes, then yeah I'll push for lower MAP on it as well.

If anyone is interested, I can offer better pricing on them, but can't post openly as that would violate the MAP agreement, so just email or PM me for a good price .
Perfect afternoon and a great birthday present tomorrow. Can't wait to get my hands on this heli and it is the perfect step from my 120SR.
etop8222 is offline Find More Posts by etop8222