HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2012, 09:34 AM
DIY Mania from Taiwan
Taiwan
Joined Aug 2011
1,986 Posts
Discussion
mini twincopter

Built a mini twin copter used 3 gyros last year,replaced with KK control board today dued to the price dropped to 20 usd$/each
an indoor maiden flight vid on the new twincopter with KK board vs the old one
my observation on the twincopter flying stability is the location where you put your control board
cheers
Sam
new twincopter wih KK board
PICT1015 (0 min 25 sec)

old twncopter with 3 Piezo gyros
PICT0158 (1 min 8 sec)
samwei1950 is offline Find More Posts by samwei1950
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:29 AM
vtol fan
Joined Jul 2009
627 Posts
Hi!...What do you mean "is the location where you put the board"??...Coul you please post one foto where do you fix the board!?
cheers
nadine is offline Find More Posts by nadine
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:52 PM
DIY Mania from Taiwan
Taiwan
Joined Aug 2011
1,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadine View Post
Hi!...What do you mean "is the location where you put the board"??...Coul you please post one foto where do you fix the board!?
cheers
Keep longer distance with the board placed underneath the CG to minimize the "swing?" when handling "pitch"
I'm convinced it's good for twincopter
Cheers
Sam
PICT1019
Old Apr 07, 2012, 06:27 AM
Joined Sep 2004
21 Posts
Hi SamWei

Just came across your posting, I am building a twin copter with
KK board from HK. I had previously used my own controller designed based
on Microchip's PIC16f628. Being of limited capability like no ADC channels and multiply instruction, my controller is too slow. You might say, I have joined the 'dark side' with KK's ATMELs micros.

Yesterday, I have flashed by KK board with Minsoo Kim's XXcontrol_KR_DualCopter_v2_5. I am still learning to use the new software,
but at the moment I could not get to reverse the direction of one of the servo channel (for pitch and yaw). I have only now capability to flash the hex
codes. I am thinking of getting the source and do the moding myself if I can setup my Windows 7 properly.

Please tell me which version of the firmware you are using.

Regards

CH.
sirod is offline Find More Posts by sirod
Old Apr 07, 2012, 11:27 AM
DIY Mania from Taiwan
Taiwan
Joined Aug 2011
1,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirod View Post
Hi SamWei
Yesterday, I have flashed by KK board with Minsoo Kim's XXcontrol_KR_DualCopter_v2_5. I am still learning to use the new software,
but at the moment I could not get to reverse the direction of one of the servo channel (for pitch and yaw). I have only now capability to flash the hex
codes. I am thinking of getting the source and do the moding myself if I can setup my Windows 7 properly.

Please tell me which version of the firmware you are using.

Regards

CH.
Hello CH:
thanks for the note
it's the "KK TWINCOPTER"not the "KK DUALCOPTER" software needed for the job
I've had my black KK board flashed by local dealer when purchased because I'm not good in computer (not an excuse),I really have no idea which firmware the dealer used for the board,but it just worked
well,suggest to check the KK website again "kk multicopter.com.kr" and hope you can solve the issue soonest possible
best regards
Sam
Old Apr 09, 2012, 05:14 AM
Joined Sep 2004
21 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply !

Yes, It is indeed the 'twincopter' instead of 'dualcopter'. I have
have actually tried both. Actually, it's my oversight all this time,
one of the servos is acting in reverse. I replaced one which is rotating
in the same direction. I thought servos of the same brand always come in standardised one direction.

Thanks again, I will let you know how my build goes.

CH
sirod is offline Find More Posts by sirod