SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:13 PM
United States, PA, Slatington
Joined Sep 2010
1,883 Posts
[QUOTE=dutchcommando;22952478]well.. my old FreeFlight is still going strong! it has countless hours of flights (and countless crashes..) and i was up for something new.. so i started with FPV flying. i have no goggles so i use a lcd screen..
the FF has some drift now and than.. but in forward flight it's no problem..

here's a video of my second day FPV flying with the FF.

hey,stop crashing...lol....
helizrnew2me is offline Find More Posts by helizrnew2me
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:10 PM
making crashing a lifestyle!
The Netherlands, UT, Soest
Joined Feb 2012
1,039 Posts
a crash a day keeps the cash away! lol!

those were the only crashes in a 3 hour nonstop (exept lipo changes) FPV adventure.. not to bad as seeing i tried to go as fast as possible as low as possible. hahahaha.. (exept the last crash... that was just fatigue on my side...)

i still love my FF the most of all my FC's (KK5.5, KK2, blackvoretex, and 2X Crius AIOP )

it's my "any day, any time, anywhere" FC it has literary 1000's of flights om it (yeah and countless crashes and it has even drowned....) it's a somewhat "fire and forget" FC i have changed PID's once to make it more aggressive since i have it , put a baro on it and crashed the baro into pieces (and the traces it should connect to...) flown in the rain, in the cold in the heat, in the trees in the bushes, in the sand and god know what more.. is has never let me down.. (some slight drift every now and then besides)
my KK's needed TLC, one good crash and i needed to hook it up to the pc again or buy a new one...
to bad they don't make it anymore!

ps here's the dronwing FF:
quadcopter swimming (1 min 29 sec)
dutchcommando is offline Find More Posts by dutchcommando
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:18 PM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchcommando View Post
a crash a day keeps the cash away! lol!

those were the only crashes in a 3 hour nonstop (exept lipo changes) FPV adventure.. not to bad as seeing i tried to go as fast as possible as low as possible. hahahaha.. (exept the last crash... that was just fatigue on my side...)

i still love my FF the most of all my FC's (KK5.5, KK2, blackvoretex, and 2X Crius AIOP )

it's my "any day, any time, anywhere" FC it has literary 1000's of flights om it (yeah and countless crashes and it has even drowned....) it's a somewhat "fire and forget" FC i have changed PID's once to make it more aggressive since i have it , put a baro on it and crashed the baro into pieces (and the traces it should connect to...) flown in the rain, in the cold in the heat, in the trees in the bushes, in the sand and god know what more.. is has never let me down.. (some slight drift every now and then besides)
my KK's needed TLC, one good crash and i needed to hook it up to the pc again or buy a new one...
to bad they don't make it anymore!

ps here's the dronwing FF:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJkQhhPk9XY
Put the board in some uncooked rice and the rice will suck up any moisture.
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:31 AM
The Netherlands, LI, Venray
Joined Dec 2008
1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMouse View Post
What it has to do with a FF?
an alternative for FF board may be , keep us informed snapper
jaccies is offline Find More Posts by jaccies
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:33 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper1234 View Post
new DISCOVERY Board with

STM32F303VCT6 CPU/MC
with On-Board 9-Axis MEMS Sensors:
L3GD20 3-axis digital Gyroscope
LSM303DLHC 3D Accelerometer and Magnetometer,

Unit price w/o s&h 11$ !

needs "only" Firm- and Software for a complete FC ?
where can we buy it snapper?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:53 AM
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies View Post
Ebay?

I am not sure if this is the same board. Appears to be version 4?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STM32F4-Disc...item4d05971f27
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:36 AM
Joined Sep 2010
1,883 Posts
what is this board for?doesnt appear to be for multirotor.
audio sensor?

omni directional microphone?
speaker driver?

know what your buying before you jump on this please .
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:40 AM
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helizrnew2me View Post
audio sensor?

speaker driver?

It's not a PNP solution for anything really. It's an STM32 board that you can customize to your liking with other hardware/software.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:11 PM
Deutschland, HB, Bremen
Joined Dec 2008
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
Ebay? I am not sure if this is the same board. Appears to be version F4?
Discovery F4 is a bit older, to use with I2C MPU6050:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/160890688679

wiring description https://github.com/lilvinz/OpenPilot...pin-assignment

the newer F3 is currently not really available!
snapper1234 is offline Find More Posts by snapper1234
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:10 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helizrnew2me View Post
audio sensor?

speaker driver?

see post 5574
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:23 AM
Deutschland, HB, Bremen
Joined Dec 2008
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies View Post
available in germany on http://www.watterott.com/de/Boards-K.../ARM-Cortex-M4 in 3-4 weeks
snapper1234 is offline Find More Posts by snapper1234
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:18 PM
Joined Oct 2012
4 Posts
Please help a noob

I received my first quad today from a seller on eBay. It was supposed to be RTF but I can't for the life of me get the thing working.

It comes with a FF v1.3 board but because it's RFT they didn't supply any instructions, usb interface or software. I assume the reason I can't get it to work is because it's not armed, but I don't know how to do that. I've searched the internet for hours looking for a user manual for this board but all I found was one for V1.2. I tried the arming sequence for that but it doesn't work.

I've read through a lot of this thread but after about 50 pages it got too much so if someone could please point me in the right direction on how to arm this thing I'd really appreciate it.

If it's any help, when I turn it on a get a whole series of beeps and some of the motors twitch. The blue LED on the FF board comes on steady and the red LED blinks 3 times.

Thanks
rpant is offline Find More Posts by rpant
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:50 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpant View Post
I received my first quad today from a seller on eBay. It was supposed to be RTF but I can't for the life of me get the thing working.

It comes with a FF v1.3 board but because it's RFT they didn't supply any instructions, usb interface or software. I assume the reason I can't get it to work is because it's not armed, but I don't know how to do that. I've searched the internet for hours looking for a user manual for this board but all I found was one for V1.2. I tried the arming sequence for that but it doesn't work.

I've read through a lot of this thread but after about 50 pages it got too much so if someone could please point me in the right direction on how to arm this thing I'd really appreciate it.

If it's any help, when I turn it on a get a whole series of beeps and some of the motors twitch. The blue LED on the FF board comes on steady and the red LED blinks 3 times.

Thanks
English manuals for both the original FF board and the newer FF C10 board are available in this thread. All of the software is located on the first page of this thread. You will eventually need the USB boot loader so contact the seller.

Original FF manual:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3786

Ff C10 manual attached to post 5530:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...l#post22751182
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:08 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpant View Post

Thanks
take both sticks on the transmitter and pull them down and away from each other .thats how mine arms .
report back
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:30 PM
making crashing a lifestyle!
The Netherlands, UT, Soest
Joined Feb 2012
1,039 Posts
mine down and to eachother...

just try different ways..
dutchcommando is offline Find More Posts by dutchcommando