HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:55 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,101 Posts
This does happen but would be rare because once you update the radio, the radio renames the file so it does look for it when you reboot the radio and leave the card in the radio.

So to have windows rename the file this would mean you downloaded it more then once and never installed it.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:55 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,040 Posts
If you download to the card, yes, but most of us have a folder that we download to and then copy it to the SD card.

It's quite common to have to check the name on the file after download.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:58 PM
United States, IA, Sidney
Joined May 2012
178 Posts
When I bound my Radian with the AR 600 my elevator is reversed from my other planes. I am at a loss at the moment. I am using the DX 7s and had no problem with other 3 channel or 4 channel UMX Extra 300 with elevator being pull back on stick ele. goes up, it is opposite now with the AR 600 when back is down and forward up. Ideas?.
tyme4me is offline Find More Posts by tyme4me
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:08 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,101 Posts
Simply reverse the Elevator channel in the Servo Setup screen.
Scroll and highlight Travel, click and roll until reverse appears. Then click and scroll to elevator and click to reverse the channel.

UMX stuff are designed so that you can simply BIND and FLY without any radio adjustments. Other setups require adjusments most of the time and servo reversing is quite normal.

On the Radian Pro, Right Aileron - Elevator - Rudder - Left Aileron are all reversed in the radio's Servo Setup Screen..
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:13 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,040 Posts
Some of the Horizon ultra-micro models DO need programming in the transmitter, especially the more advanced ones. Always consult the product's manual. But many of them are very simple, as he says.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:57 AM
Joined May 2012
178 Posts
I just tried your method Freechip and when I hit reverse and go to ele. it did not change. Both R/E are still opposite as beforesince both needed reversing. Have to leave now but will check back later today. Thankyou, dave
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:02 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,101 Posts
if you connected all the servos in there respective receiver ports, then when you test the controls and they move in the wrong direction all you have to do is reverse the channel or channels.

You failed to mention Rudder before but anyways if both Rudder and Elevator do not move in the proper direction then you need to reverse those channels.

Unless you explain your situation with more info/details based on what you have said reversing channels should do the trick.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:58 AM
Carthage, TX
United States, TX, Tenaha
Joined Mar 2012
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyme4me View Post
I just tried your method Freechip and when I hit reverse and go to ele. it did not change. Both R/E are still opposite as beforesince both needed reversing. Have to leave now but will check back later today. Thankyou, dave
Hey Dave, Freechip is correct and it should work if you are doing it right. It is a little tricky to someone who has never done it on the Dx7s but give it another try.

Go to the plane on your screen. Then click the roller, scroll to servo setup and click. Scroll to where it says throttle and click it. Roll the roller to what control you want to change, ie Aileron and click it. then scroll up to travel and click. Scroll till you see reverse and click. Scroll down to the box at the bottom that says nor/rev and click that and that should do it. Do this for all the surfaces you need to reverse.
Colbyntx is offline Find More Posts by Colbyntx
Last edited by Colbyntx; Oct 12, 2012 at 12:01 PM. Reason: sp
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:57 PM
Joined May 2012
178 Posts
Thanks freechip and colbyntx for your help. I got everything reversed after fumbling around a little and all works as it should. The 7s is quite a step up from the 5e so there is a learning curve to go through. I will write down the steps and keep them in my manual for future use. Getting close to 70 yrs. is not all it is cracked up to be. You start having Senior moments. Thanks for your time in putting me on the right course. dave
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:20 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,101 Posts
No problem it's why we're here.
Have fun.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:22 PM
Carthage, TX
United States, TX, Tenaha
Joined Mar 2012
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyme4me View Post
Thanks freechip and colbyntx for your help. I got everything reversed after fumbling around a little and all works as it should. The 7s is quite a step up from the 5e so there is a learning curve to go through. I will write down the steps and keep them in my manual for future use. Getting close to 70 yrs. is not all it is cracked up to be. You start having Senior moments. Thanks for your time in putting me on the right course. dave
No problem Dave! I'm only 41 and already have senior moments and don't know a fraction of what this 7s will do.
Colbyntx is offline Find More Posts by Colbyntx
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:36 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,101 Posts
Once you figured the radio out, start looking in the SPM file. Lol
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:17 PM
Joined May 2012
178 Posts
The old hard drive between the ears would probably fail. Now I need to find the notes I keep to put in the manual, if I can remember where I put it.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:28 AM
Joined Feb 2012
488 Posts
I just bought the TM1000 telemetry module for use with my DX7s.
One of the planes I'd like to use it with if possible is the HobbyZone SuperCub.

There is a list of Spektrum receivers that work with the TM1000 but of course, that plane is not supplied with one of those.
Will the TM1000 work through the bind port of the receiver in this plane?
midnite is offline Find More Posts by midnite
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:38 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,513 Posts
It can be powered through any port.If it a port other than a data port you need to disconnect the signal(orange wire).You will get Rx voltage only plus any other sensors you plug in.Everything except FL data.

Use your imagination to use a y and get them both to bind.If you search a little I know this was gone over a few times.Or ask again.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal