SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 01, 2012, 10:47 PM
What goes up, must come down
United States, MI, Midland
Joined Sep 2009
704 Posts
Yeah I was debating over the FPV 168 or the X8.... I think I picked the X8 but its supper hard to get one right now... When they come back in, I will have to jump fast! Or I'll be buying one of these

Crazy1
crazy1pilot is offline Find More Posts by crazy1pilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2012, 01:04 AM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,475 Posts
Wow ! They are completly differnt platforms that will do completly differnt things. You know the solution dont you ?? Get em both !! I will get one when Bevrc get em back in stock.
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Apr 02, 2012, 01:26 AM
United States, OR, Medford
Joined Nov 2011
166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandi View Post
Maiden her today in strong winds .. she flys awesome - but pretty fast - maybe too fast for an FPV plane! Other than that, the landing gear SUCKS big time! .. it broke the first landing which was far from rough... gotta repair and reinforce it. Definitely needs the flaps.

Other than that, she handles even in wind pretty well and wonder how she will handle in low wind conditions.

Conclusion: not as first FPV plane but good as second or third. Going to order an SkyWalker now!
Congrats You did ALOT better than my first and only flight. I was only able to fly mine for about 3 secs well maybe 4 secs then it crashed.
N485TG is offline Find More Posts by N485TG
Old Apr 02, 2012, 01:37 AM
Joined Nov 2011
166 Posts
I was able to mount the motor a little bit higher and fit a 11x7 3 blade prop. Working on the wings now and duck taping the fuselage. Once I have everything back together will be trying Flight #2. I hope it will last for more than 4 secs this time. If I cant get this plane working or more like I cant fly it lol then ill be trying a Flying Wing next.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 01:37 AM
Joined Sep 2009
704 Posts
In a perfect world I'll buy ever FPV plane I am open to any airplane for FPV and loved the fiberglass finish on the 168! But I also loved the "wow" factor and "sexiness" of the X8 I also just bought a new UHF (RangeLink) so money is a little tight if you would like to help ill send you my PayPal info

Crazy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BingWing View Post
Wow ! They are completly differnt platforms that will do completly differnt things. You know the solution dont you ?? Get em both !! I will get one when Bevrc get em back in stock.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 01:40 AM
Joined Sep 2009
704 Posts
What went wrong on the maiden? Motor looks good

Crazy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by N485TG View Post
I was able to mount the motor a little bit higher and fit a 11x7 3 blade prop. Working on the wings now and duck taping the fuselage. Once I have everything back together will be trying Flight #2. I hope it will last for more than 4 secs this time. If I cant get this plane working or more like I cant fly it lol then ill be trying a Flying Wing next.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 01:42 AM
Joined Nov 2011
166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy1pilot View Post
In a perfect world I'll buy ever FPV plane I am open to any airplane for FPV and loved the fiberglass finish on the 168! But I also loved the "wow" factor and "sexiness" of the X8 I also just bought a new UHF (RangeLink) so money is a little tight if you would like to help ill send you my PayPal info

Crazy1
Let me know how you like your UHF as im using a dx6i and a AR6210 Spektrum RX but now after getting into it I now know that I should have gotten a different TX/RX but not sure on what to get yet.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 01:44 AM
Joined Nov 2011
166 Posts
Quote:
What went wrong on the maiden? Motor looks good

Crazy1
Well Back on page 34 I think it was theres pics. But I also have a Stinson SR-10 and I was trying to fly this 168 like that plane and well I was trying to climb to fast and stalled it lol.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 02:00 AM
Joined Sep 2009
704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N485TG View Post
Let me know how you like your UHF as im using a dx6i and a AR6210 Spektrum RX but now after getting into it I now know that I should have gotten a different TX/RX but not sure on what to get yet.
I just received my RangeLink yesterday and have to say I love it! Haven't even range tested it, but it is just awesome! RangeLink is just like EZUHF but way cheaper but with the same performance (or so everyone has said) and Sid (the creator of RangeLink) has awesome help and there has been a problem with 1280 video but the new batch (the one in stock right now) is already fixed that bug. as of right now RangeLink is the newest and has the best "bang for your buck"

And some guy just hit 14km on 200mw power in a noisy environment. The only thing he changed was he was using a car antenna.

I sound like a info commercial..

IMHO I would snatch one up before there out of stock again.

Crazy1
Last edited by crazy1pilot; Apr 02, 2012 at 02:05 AM.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 02:04 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,475 Posts
Quote:

Crazy1
Sorry to get off topic but this is will be in my FPV fleet soon. This will be a real long range plane !
Old Apr 02, 2012, 02:06 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,475 Posts
Quote:
I just received my RangeLink yesterday and have to say I love it! Haven't even range tested it, but it is just awesome! RangeLink is just like EZUHF but way cheaper but with the same performance (or so everyone has said) and Sid (the creator of RangeLink) has awesome help and there has been a problem with 1280 video but the new batch (the one in stock right now) is already fixed that bug. as of right now RangeLink is the newest and has the best "bang for your buck"

And some guy just hit 14km on 200mw power. The only thing he changed was he was using a car antenna.

I sound like a info commercial..

IMHO I would snatch one up before there out of stock again.

Crazy1
Are you talking about the range video OSD ?
Old Apr 02, 2012, 02:12 AM
Joined Sep 2009
704 Posts
Quote:
Are you talking about the range video OSD ?
No? 1280Mhz video frequency, the only OSD that it had a problem with was ezosd because it uses digital RSSI readings. Range video OSD should work just fine with RangeLink. Sid created ChainLink for BEVRC but it was a copyrighted name by BEVRC so he changed the name to RangeLink (which is pretty much V2 of ChainLink but now has awesome built in rf filters)

And when you get one of those birds can you send one to me that would be some serious FPV right there

Crazy1
Old Apr 02, 2012, 02:22 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,475 Posts
Agh... got it, my bad ! Im rocking the Eagle Tree OSD Pro with Gardian stabiliser !

If you like the FVP Speedtwin order one - They are made by http://www.launchmodel.cn/enindex.aspn in China, well know for there hotliners.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 02:30 AM
Joined Sep 2009
704 Posts
Quote:
Agh... got it, my bad ! Im rocking the Eagle Tree OSD Pro with Gardian stabiliser !
I know we are way off topic now, so I will put this in better context

If I had an FPV 168 this is what would go in it as it is my current setup

I have RangeLink RX PPM > DOSD > KK board (with AeroPlane firmware) > servos.

The KK board has different firmware that allows me to use it on my airplane and gyro stabilizes it and allows the DOSD to not worry so much about the wind correction when it gets bounced around because the gyros take care of all the turbulence.

Crazy1
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:17 AM
UAV Guy
United States, NM, Las Cruces
Joined Feb 2012
257 Posts
UAS 168 Build Pics

I am done with the main part of the build. I still need to get the Nav Light installed but the plane is ready to maiden if the winds ould die down out here.
Here are some pictures.
UAVJOE is offline Find More Posts by UAVJOE