Old Aug 30, 2014, 07:52 AM
Build more, websurf less
Long Valley, NJ, USA
Joined Dec 2001
1,696 Posts
Question
eLogger V4 for Receiver+Servos Volts/Amps

Eagle Tree Systems,

I want to measure the receiver and servo (from BEC) voltage and amps in some helicopter and airplane applications.

1. I understand that I will need the Servo Current Monitor sensor to measure amps.

2. Will the eLogger log the receiver voltage?

3. Can I use the eLogger V4 without hooking up the main battery leads? Can it be powered instead by a small Rx pack?

Thanks,

Paul
FlyingW is offline Find More Posts by FlyingW
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 09:35 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Apr 2013
417 Posts
Paul,

Yes you can use the Servo Current sensor for current and run the power for the servos through the main battery leads on the eLogger to monitor the voltage. Be aware that the eLogger will monitor down to about 5 volts so if your RX/servo voltage drops below that, it may not be logged accurately. You may also need to connect a 5 volt source to the throttle connection on the eLogger to power the eLogger as it usually powers itself from the main battery leads.

Regards, John
JohnET is offline Find More Posts by JohnET
Site Sponsor
Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM
Build more, websurf less
Long Valley, NJ, USA
Joined Dec 2001
1,696 Posts
Thanks John, I understand. Paul
FlyingW is offline Find More Posts by FlyingW