SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 21, 2013, 05:35 PM
Joined Aug 2013
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
I have some old OS 91's that have been around for years, and probably be around for many years to come.
OS 91's in good running shape are worth a 100 bucks no problem.
The plane is worth a 150 bucks no problem.
Do they have rust on them too?
the nut and screw part of the crank looks pretty bad, so does the landing gear
Higgins909 is offline Find More Posts by Higgins909
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2013, 01:53 PM
Joined Aug 2013
186 Posts
Turns out to be a thunder tiger .91, but not sure that it is a .91, but the head style matches the newer model's head.
I also appears to have a dark purple looking rust? on the crankcase near screws for engine mount. Is atleast $60 for a new one of them, if the older model works with the newer model. also the exhaust nipple is on the can instead of the pipe to can part.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 05:32 PM
United States, NY, Ithaca
Joined Sep 2007
894 Posts
I've fixed up a lot of derelicts and there are always issues. If you're not experienced, don't do it unless you can get it really cheap and you want to spend a lot of time messing with it.

The engine could be well worth it or it could be a nightmare. Take someone experienced with you or don't do it.

It's a Cub, by the way.

Jim
buzzard bait is online now Find More Posts by buzzard bait
Old Nov 06, 2013, 10:11 AM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
11,882 Posts
A .91 is way too much engine for that size Cub. $200 is way to much for that model, $50 is more like it if . You may need to replace piston, cylinder and bearings unless engine was stored properly. An old model may need skilled repairs and recovering including dealing with fuel soaked balsa.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old Nov 06, 2013, 10:50 PM
Joined Apr 2013
29 Posts
I tend to look at selling planes and helis this way. The airframe I consider to have 0 value. Maybe a little value on a heli. Then I price out the electronics and engine and knock off 25% to 50% of what they originally cost.
Vaeloron is offline Find More Posts by Vaeloron
Old Nov 15, 2013, 01:16 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
8,363 Posts
The starter is basically the old Sullivan Hi Torque .. worth about $15 max.

Model is J3 Cub .. worth maybe $30 max ... offers iro $20

Engine is Glow powered .. MAYBE OS but photo is not close enough to be exact .. but in GWO would be about $60 - $70. Otherwise $30 - 40 for spares.

My opinion. For money - look elsewhere .. if you think it's worth your Xbox - then why not ... but given the looks ... it may need more than just patching up. It's missing the cowl for a start and that will cost.

I'm a junk yard modeller - rebuild others cast-offs ... this would be a model I would expect to be near given to me as a pressie .. with maybe some cash for the engine.

Nigel
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Nov 16, 2013, 03:07 PM
Joined Aug 2013
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
The starter is basically the old Sullivan Hi Torque .. worth about $15 max.

Model is J3 Cub .. worth maybe $30 max ... offers iro $20

Engine is Glow powered .. MAYBE OS but photo is not close enough to be exact .. but in GWO would be about $60 - $70. Otherwise $30 - 40 for spares.

My opinion. For money - look elsewhere .. if you think it's worth your Xbox - then why not ... but given the looks ... it may need more than just patching up. It's missing the cowl for a start and that will cost.

I'm a junk yard modeller - rebuild others cast-offs ... this would be a model I would expect to be near given to me as a pressie .. with maybe some cash for the engine.

Nigel
Thanks for replying, kind of old thread, but still quietly alive XD
is a thunder tiger .91 and TO me it looks like its been stored a bit roughly, like the metal has corosive spots on if from fuel sitting on it or somthing (looks like my nitro cars, that have been though hell and back XD)
exhaust pipe manufold is rusty, and I wonder how that thing even stays in there, looks like it just sits with a rubber fitting.
To me it is no longer worth a xbox, I'm gunna offer up again, and tell him why my price is that low, should I? he says that the engine is >$200 (I say, the new model and a new engine, is) carb has some rust for the slider screw thing
Old Nov 16, 2013, 05:20 PM
Joined Aug 2013
186 Posts
I think he has found this thread XD, but price is still high. I even offered up xbox for a bit and never got a response, over that know tho, I value my xbox quite more then I value this plane.