HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:00 PM
Lincoln, Ca 95648
Joined Sep 2003
142 Posts
Trader Rating: 198
Help!
Need help picking something up in Tacoma

I need to make a friend quickly in Tacoma. I bought a Remote control Toy boat from the Tacoma Goodwill on the Goodwill online service over the internet and I need someone to pick it up for me. I had a friend of the family that was going to do this, but it is getting so convoluted I am seeking quick friendship with anyone who wishes to be a friend and help a friend out. I live in Sacramento and this friendship will be a two way street. Tell me what I can do for you as a friend and I will be glad to help out my new friend as well. If you shop at Goodwill, this should be an easy task. I am just in a tough spot and need a friendly helping hand. There is a bit of a time frame and if the item does not get picked up, it will be considered a donation

Thanks

Mark

916-251-9419
modlflr is offline Find More Posts by modlflr
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:17 PM
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Mar 2007
214 Posts
Trader Rating: 142
If you can't find a friend here are 2 suggestions:
1. Contact a hobby shop or rc club in the area and ask them to ship.
2. Place a services wanted ad in the Tacoma Craigslist pages.
WesternFlyer is offline Find More Posts by WesternFlyer
Old Sep 11, 2012, 04:07 PM
-_-
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Sep 2005
828 Posts
Trader Rating: 62
What about a service such as MailBoxxes ETC call and see if they can ship it for you.
E-MO is offline Find More Posts by E-MO
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:38 PM
Lincoln, Ca 95648
Joined Sep 2003
142 Posts
I went to do just that in craigslist, but would have to do it as a job ad and there is a $25 fee for just placing an add to have someone pick it up. I could not figure out another category to post it in. I tried personals, but it got rejected. These are all great suggestions and I appreciate the help.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:39 PM
Lincoln, Ca 95648
Joined Sep 2003
142 Posts
Shipping is the next issue. Picking it up is the first issue.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:41 PM
Lincoln, Ca 95648
Joined Sep 2003
142 Posts
I was dating someone that has family in Washington and prior to putting a bid in on Goodwill online, I asked her if her Dad could pick it up. This was a new relationship and in short order I figured out I better pull the rip cord, change my address, set fire to the trial I leave behind, and hide like Bin Laden. This girl is starting to scare me.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:29 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by modlflr View Post
I went to do just that in craigslist, but would have to do it as a job ad and there is a $25 fee for just placing an add to have someone pick it up. I could not figure out another category to post it in. I tried personals, but it got rejected. These are all great suggestions and I appreciate the help.
don't post it as a job, go to GIGS, then find what best fits, I'd go with the Labor, Talent, or creative tabs. They are all free baby!
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:42 PM
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Mar 2007
214 Posts
Trader Rating: 142
May I ask how much money you have in this boat? If it costs more to get it back then it's worth to you, perhaps you should donate it.
WesternFlyer is offline Find More Posts by WesternFlyer
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:01 AM
most exalted one
BC Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,511 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
Is there no shipping. Stuff I saw had reasonable shipping.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:48 AM
Lincoln, Ca 95648
Joined Sep 2003
142 Posts
I won the bid on a large tub boat model made my Amsterdam. On this auction there was no shipping. Many of the auctions they offer shipping. I can provide the link to the auction, on this item there shipping was not offered. It will be easily shipped, but I guess they did not want to have to deal with shipping the item. I thought I had someone to pick it prior to bidding or I would not have bid on it, but that evaporated. The Tacoma Goodwill let me know if I do not pick it up, it will be re-donated and they will send me a receipt, but it looks like a really cool model and I did hope to get it and build it. I would pay someone to go pick it up and take the time to ship it, and pay the shipping. I am just currently with out any options. I have won auctions on a model sail boat and on some parts for a CP helicopter. These items were shipped to my door. Shipping was not offered on the Tug Boat. http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem...temID=11238599
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:54 AM
Lincoln, Ca 95648
Joined Sep 2003
142 Posts
When I looked on ebay, people have listed similar models for almost $700 and I always wanted one of these tug boats. My parents property has a large pond and I thought it would be cool to put a functioning pump and fire hose on it. I am more into aircraft, but for some reason I always had a desire for one of these Tugs
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:57 AM
Lincoln, Ca 95648
Joined Sep 2003
142 Posts
Thanks Porcia, I will post something tonight. The gig is up. Thanks again porica, I just posted in CL and I will see what happens
Last edited by modlflr; Sep 12, 2012 at 02:09 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:43 AM
Team Haiyin & Team HeliOption
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
187 Posts
Trader Rating: 82
Just curious if you have contacted the Goodwill store to see if anyone would be willing to pack it up and ship it for you for a small fee + beer money for the person doing the deed.
Mahu is online now Find More Posts by Mahu
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:48 AM
Hurts so good!
Joined May 2008
202 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
I wish I was closer to Tacoma. I would help you out in a millisecond.

I can package and ship ANY item with the best of them.
King of Plane is online now Find More Posts by King of Plane
Old Sep 12, 2012, 05:42 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
hope you can pull this off OP. Any response to the CL post?
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)