HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2012, 05:22 PM
Joined Dec 2011
281 Posts
Discussion
is there anything better than mcpx v2 at same or smaller size?

Yeah im really considering buying this for its amazing acrobatics capabilities however before i do that i must inform that i always liked smaller helis than bigger helis so i would like to know if is there a better heli than this on the market at same or smaller size, tbh i dont know any as this heli is amazing but who knows... my helicopter model knowledge is very limited.

Thanks in advance!
Legendary_Agent is offline Find More Posts by Legendary_Agent
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2012, 06:31 PM
Committed heli addict...
Joined Jan 2010
675 Posts
If you plan on going the rtf route, check out different models from walkera and helimax. They are the same quality(plastics) compared to the blade heli's, but walkera has a much wider selection and better build materials(aluminum, cf, etc.) on certain models vs helimax.

Almost all heli's in this class are fair quality(plastics), they are good for what they are, but nothing compared to a hobby grade kit from align, gaui, ma...ect.
phoenixheli is offline Find More Posts by phoenixheli
Old Feb 04, 2012, 06:46 PM
Joined Dec 2011
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixheli View Post
If you plan on going the rtf route, check out different models from walkera and helimax. They are the same quality(plastics) compared to the blade heli's, but walkera has a much wider selection and better build materials(aluminum, cf, etc.) on certain models vs helimax.

Almost all heli's in this class are fair quality(plastics), they are good for what they are, but nothing compared to a hobby grade kit from align, gaui, ma...ect.
Hello, im comfortable with bnf aswell, please note i want the same or smaller size only as an alternative, as for bigger helis im already pondering between blade 450x and trex 450 v2 but this is not to be discussed here, only same or smaller size helis than blade mcpx v2
Old Feb 04, 2012, 07:08 PM
Joined Dec 2011
281 Posts
How about this? is it outdated?
Walkera V100D01
it says its brushless so thats a big bonus compared to the brushed mcpx v2 brushed motors... but how agile is it
Old Feb 04, 2012, 09:06 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,152 Posts
The new Walkera MIni CP has been reported to outperform both the MCPx and Genius CP by a considerable margin. It also has telemetry feeback on the battery condition and motor temperature, as well as receiver firmware that can be updatable online. The Walkera Genius CP is targeted more at beginners. If you want a larger size, there is the V120D02S but it is not as durable because it is larger.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1570630

Walkera Mini Cp indoor 3d flight (3 min 51 sec)

Walkera Mini Cp low 3d flight (4 min 10 sec)
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Feb 04, 2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2012, 12:04 AM
Joined Apr 2011
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
The new Walkera MIni CP has been reported to outperform both the MCPx and Genius CP by a considerable margin.
+1 and the Genuis out performs the MCPX, another source of videos is finless Bob over on the Helifreak forum. The problem is if you are in the USA you may have to deal with WOW hobbies who seem to have a mixed reputation on these boards.
PaulsBA is offline Find More Posts by PaulsBA
Old Feb 05, 2012, 02:38 AM
Joined Dec 2011
281 Posts
thanks a bunch for the tips zadaw

@paulsba when we say that genius are we talking about genius cp and when we are talking about mcpx are we talking about mcpx or mcpxv2?
Old Feb 05, 2012, 04:52 PM
Joined Dec 2011
281 Posts
guys i tried searching for mini cp on walkera website but i couldnt find anything matching mini cp, can someone show me a link to that heli on walkera website? thanks in advance!
Old Feb 05, 2012, 05:41 PM
Committed heli addict...
Joined Jan 2010
675 Posts
http://www.helipal.com/walkera-hm-mi...oqdab89i02m7s0

This bnf requires that you buy and use a walkera radio, such as the 2801.
phoenixheli is offline Find More Posts by phoenixheli
Old Feb 06, 2012, 12:18 AM
Joined Jan 2012
16 Posts
Here's a link to Walkera's info on mini cp but theres more info and pics on the helipal link provided by phoenixheli!! Because its new there's only a small link on the right side of the walkera home page.
http://www.walkera.com/en1/particular.jsp?pn=MiniCP

The actual heli doesn't cost much more than the genius cp ($179 vs $130) but if you want the devo 8S Tx (with telementry - temp, battery power, etc) the cheapest i've seen is $339 delivered (banggood.com). From what I've read the Genius CP maybe better for newer cp fliers with the switchable 6 axis gyro but the reviewers say Mini CP does better 3D (tight flips and tail holds well).
nathan8887 is offline Find More Posts by nathan8887
Old Feb 06, 2012, 05:46 AM
Joined Dec 2011
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan8887 View Post
Here's a link to Walkera's info on mini cp but theres more info and pics on the helipal link provided by phoenixheli!! Because its new there's only a small link on the right side of the walkera home page.
http://www.walkera.com/en1/particular.jsp?pn=MiniCP

The actual heli doesn't cost much more than the genius cp ($179 vs $130) but if you want the devo 8S Tx (with telementry - temp, battery power, etc) the cheapest i've seen is $339 delivered (banggood.com). From what I've read the Genius CP maybe better for newer cp fliers with the switchable 6 axis gyro but the reviewers say Mini CP does better 3D (tight flips and tail holds well).
Hey, is the mini cp brushless? if so, i so want this chopper how can i get it to portugal? i couldnt find a local store who sells it yet :S
Old Feb 06, 2012, 04:04 PM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary_Agent View Post
thanks a bunch for the tips zadaw

@paulsba when we say that genius are we talking about genius cp and when we are talking about mcpx are we talking about mcpx or mcpxv2?
Don't kid yourself in thinking the MCPX v2 is really significantly better than the MCPX v1 there. Because it's not.

To be honest, I do not get the MCPX hype at all.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
Old Feb 06, 2012, 05:23 PM
Joined Dec 2011
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHMX View Post
Don't kid yourself in thinking the MCPX v2 is really significantly better than the MCPX v1 there. Because it's not.

To be honest, I do not get the MCPX hype at all.
Have you tried it yourself? do you also recommend walkera mini cp instead? i really dont understand what is wrong with eflite these days... they like to mix trash with technology, 450x looked like an amazing copter and yet some ppl say its mostly made of plastic, the mcpx v2 is the second version of mcpx and its still using those ww2 brushed motors i mean why would anyone in this planet would still use brushed motors?! what exactly is the benefit of having a brushed motor compared to a brushless i really dont get it...

As for walkera mini cp ive heard its brushless and the heli is also a bit smaller than the mcpx which is amazing for me, i really am interested in this helicopter but i dont know any local store in portugal that sells them, all i see in portugal is eflite mcpx or the mcpxv2 in terms of micro size, i would dislike to end up with one of them over the brushless walkera version but if i have no choice what can i say...
If anyone could help me find a way to buy the walkera mini cp i would be gratefull also, can anyone make sense of why eflite still uses brushed motor on the second version of their best micro 3D helicopter? im very curious, all i know about brushed is that youll either buy 1 every month or else ull end up with almost no performance left...
Last edited by Legendary_Agent; Feb 06, 2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 04:54 AM
Joined Dec 2011
281 Posts
Ok i guess i missread walkera mini cp was brushless, it too is also brushed... sigh, i guess my only option regarding mini helicopters with brushless motor is to do a custom upgrade and i have almost no electronics knowledge.

Guys i also must know this:
IF i buy eflite blade mcpx v2 will the case have a seal? something so i know if it has been opened before beying sold to me?
Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 09:47 AM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary_Agent View Post
Have you tried it yourself? do you also recommend walkera mini cp instead? i really dont understand what is wrong with eflite these days... they like to mix trash with technology, 450x looked like an amazing copter and yet some ppl say its mostly made of plastic, the mcpx v2 is the second version of mcpx and its still using those ww2 brushed motors i mean why would anyone in this planet would still use brushed motors?! what exactly is the benefit of having a brushed motor compared to a brushless i really dont get it...
Yes, I've flown with both now. Also flew the Genius CP too which already is a better choice than the MCPX v2. It's more stable and the flybarless electronics seem to work better.

The advantage of brushless is efficiency and power, but the difference isn't that big really. The reason Walkera is using brushed motors again is purely to keep production costs down. I'm sure they will release brushless versions at some point in time though, Walkera usually launches several versions of what is basically the same helicopter.

As for Eflite, I'm really not a huge fan of their helicopter series at all. Too expensive for what you get (especially the bind n fly stuff), overrated for what it is and even with a relatively good support and parts availability there are better choices available.

Quote:
As for walkera mini cp ive heard its brushless and the heli is also a bit smaller than the mcpx which is amazing for me, i really am interested in this helicopter but i dont know any local store in portugal that sells them, all i see in portugal is eflite mcpx or the mcpxv2 in terms of micro size, i would dislike to end up with one of them over the brushless walkera version but if i have no choice what can i say...
If anyone could help me find a way to buy the walkera mini cp i would be gratefull also, can anyone make sense of why eflite still uses brushed motor on the second version of their best micro 3D helicopter? im very curious, all i know about brushed is that youll either buy 1 every month or else ull end up with almost no performance left...
I think you probably can use PayPal and buy through Ehirobo (Hong Kong based though). What exactly is your limitation when it comes to ordering? Perhaps you can email them if you want to arrange for a different method of payment, they're good people.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX