HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 06, 2010, 05:40 AM
Norway
Joined Sep 2008
230 Posts
Temp problem is just a desimal problem, showing 209 at software and showing 20,9 at charger.

JE
Doffen24 is offline Find More Posts by Doffen24
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2010, 05:41 AM
Electric Helis is my game
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
Quote:
In Controll Function
Seems like i now have 38 mem locations. Will try to restart everything.
its possible when you throw away queries fast (doubleclick) and dont wait for the response or if charger is swamped, I will put in a restraint for it in the next version.

Note though that you dont have to read memory each time in the control function.
Use Cache function under the memory editor, that way control function will load instantly.
(or perhaps that's what you done and got a corrupted cache file?)
MrMel is offline Find More Posts by MrMel
Old Apr 06, 2010, 05:45 AM
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
Quote:
Temp problem is just a desimal problem, showing 209 at software and showing 20,9 at charger.
Thanks will fix this in the next version.
Old Apr 06, 2010, 06:26 AM
Norway
Joined Sep 2008
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMel View Post
its possible when you throw away queries fast (doubleclick) and dont wait for the response or if charger is swamped, I will put in a restraint for it in the next version.

Note though that you dont have to read memory each time in the control function.
Use Cache function under the memory editor, that way control function will load instantly.
(or perhaps that's what you done and got a corrupted cache file?)
OK. I will try that. I am a little uncertain about the function of the Cashe.
So, the Contol Functions reads the mem set the first time you enter it, then push the cache button. OK?

Any possibilities of having the Amp showing up in the graph, and put in a function for removing the measurement brakes (SawTooth) (like the LogView2 sw).

Best regards
JE
Old Apr 07, 2010, 07:23 AM
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
Quote:
Any possibilities of having the Amp showing up in the graph
Added in the next version (Amps vs Time)

Quote:
and put in a function for removing the measurement brakes (SawTooth) (like the LogView2 sw).
Probably not, as it will screw up actual data (Time etc) will look at it if it can be an optional filter.
Old Apr 07, 2010, 11:34 AM
Norway
Joined Sep 2008
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMel View Post
"Any possibilities of having the Amp showing up in the graph"
Added in the next version (Amps vs Time).

"removing the measurement brakes"
Probably not, as it will screw up actual data (Time etc) will look at it if it can be an optional filter.
Amps vs Time will be great!!! Thanks!!!

A filter will do just fine to take away the sawtooth It will be easier and nicer to see the graph.
I know its a bit to soon, but could you look into the possibilty to apply the filter while running.

Keep up the good work. These chargers will have a whole new range of useful working areas. I have discovered single cells in a battery pack wich suddenly drops out, indicating differens in capacity. That could mean a crash.
This was only possible, thanks to logging. (I dont have the habbit of staring at the display during charging an discharging...).

What is the maximum serialport speed setting the charger can coop with?

Best regards
JE
Last edited by Doffen24; Apr 07, 2010 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Iphone was not the best tool to use here...
Old Apr 09, 2010, 03:07 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,258 Posts
Something strange is going on -

Just went to charge a lipo the normal way, (no suite) but the USB cable plugged in.

Charger gives me an error - Battery output circuit error. Same error on both channels with any lipo.

Fire up the suite, without touching anything on the charger, and it starts charging with no problems?? Very odd.
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Apr 09, 2010, 03:15 AM
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
Did you restart the powersupply inbetween?
Old Apr 09, 2010, 03:19 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,258 Posts
Turned it off at the power supply, not at the wall.
Old Apr 09, 2010, 03:30 AM
http://www.aircraft-world
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
Turned it off at the power supply, not at the wall.
Pls disconnect the charger from USB and PS, then reattach to PS only and see if manual charge works properly, thx.

David
NipponDave is offline Find More Posts by NipponDave
Old Apr 09, 2010, 03:40 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,258 Posts
It seems to be working fine now, after I ran the suite and stored a battery, still havent switched or unplugged anything since the original error msg's.

The error popped up at the confirm cell count screen, and went off before I could hit enter.
Old Apr 09, 2010, 04:23 AM
http://www.aircraft-world
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
It seems to be working fine now, after I ran the suite and stored a battery, still havent switched or unplugged anything since the original error msg's.

The error popped up at the confirm cell count screen, and went off before I could hit enter.
Ok good to hear... No basis in reality to worry, but I worry anyway... I guess that is my job, chief worrier .
NipponDave is offline Find More Posts by NipponDave
Old Apr 10, 2010, 05:11 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,258 Posts
Problem still exists, just pops up randomly when using both the suite and old fashioned way "Output Circuit Error"

Turning the powersupply off and giving it a second, then restarting it and it goes away for a few more charges.

It never did this before the new firmware.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 05:30 AM
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
Sounds like PS is on the way of going, "Output Circut error" is an error you can get if the voltage on the input side drops too fast too causing a brownout.

If you run with the USB disconnected, does it happened then as well? What kind of Powersupply do you have? (amp/voltage?) and what packs are you charging (size amps)
Old Apr 10, 2010, 05:35 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,258 Posts
Tried disconnecting the USB, no difference.

PS is a Powertech 220-240V AC50hz - 13.8V DC 20A.

The size of the pack doesnt seem to effect it at all, same error at 1A on 2S A123 pack to 5A 4S on a Lipo