HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:52 AM
Joined Nov 2003
1,764 Posts
Discussion
multiplex royal evo - expo per phase without update??

I fly dsm2 and JETI duplex in my royal evo and as i understand the only way to have changeable expo per phase is to update it to a pro...which makes it incompatible with the modules i have (true??).

Is there a way around this? Somebody that has rewritten the code maybe diy style?
I have the serial cable
mattijs321 is offline Find More Posts by mattijs321
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:40 AM
The Fens, Britain
Joined Nov 2005
284 Posts
I fly with an Evo / Pro running v2.6 and fitted with the "ME" Jeti module.

"Expo per phase" comes with the upgrade to v2.6, which has to be done by a Multiplex agent. The screen then announces the Tx as a Pro, by the way. The module (Jeti etc) still works just fine. It's the further upgrade to v3.x (which you can do yourself) that kills the plot, so if you send the Tx in, make sure they stop at v2.6!
Breezy is offline Find More Posts by Breezy
Last edited by Breezy; Oct 05, 2012 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Minor edit.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:04 AM
Germany - Rhineland
Joined Oct 2008
266 Posts
Here is a pic of my PRO with JETI DUPLEX and latest MPX firmware 3.46.
kalle123 is offline Find More Posts by kalle123
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:59 AM
Joined Nov 2003
1,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalle123 View Post
Here is a pic of my PRO with JETI DUPLEX and latest MPX firmware 3.46.
but it HAS to be sent in?
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:07 AM
Joined Nov 2003
1,764 Posts
and you don't have to use the trainer port to control the module?
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:10 PM
Midlands, UK
Joined Jun 2004
1,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattijs321 View Post
and you don't have to use the trainer port to control the module?
I can think of three ways to use 3rd party PPM based modules with an Evo and firmware v3.xx.

1. Use the trainer port which still provides PPM.

2. Fit a small custom board that accepts the Evo serial data on the module port and in turn generates PPM for a module with a slight delay. There is a thread on here where this is done.

3. Fit a small custom board that answers the Evo power up inquiry via the serial interface on the module port pretending to be a later type 35MHz RF module. The Evo will then generate PPM on the module port even with v3.xx as that is how the module works!

Steve
GlowFly is offline Find More Posts by GlowFly
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:09 PM
The Fens, Britain
Joined Nov 2005
284 Posts
Quote:
but it HAS to be sent in?
I'm pretty sure it does. Might still be free? But of course you are without the transmitter for a few days.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:04 AM
Joined Nov 2003
1,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
I'm pretty sure it does. Might still be free? But of course you are without the transmitter for a few days.
That's the problem...through my hobby shop i've sent it in 2 times and it always took 3 weeks or more...Worse part was they never actually made what it was sent in for. Actually on of the faults it had developed was jittery and unreliable control on one of the sticks in one axis...Turned out to be almost broken lead to the pot. They didn't find that fault as they probably couldn't reproduce it but usid it afterwards and lost an rc car because of that. Found the error myself later on.

I've also blown a zener i think it was on the motherboard. Refused to send it in but didn't know what had gone wrong (i was fast charging through the connector). TX was completely dead. A guy from the UK's multiplex service actually helped me via email and sent me schematics of the mobo. Belgium service sucks :/
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:08 PM
The Fens, Britain
Joined Nov 2005
284 Posts
Quote:
A guy from the UK's multiplex service actually helped me via email and sent me schematics of the mobo. Belgium service sucks :/
You could send the transmitter in to him I suppose:
http://www.modelradioworkshop.co.uk/faq.html

He also sorted the broken wire on my Evo's rudder pot quickly enough!