HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:40 AM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Question
Thermocouples.....

Hey all. I broke the tip off my engine temp probe while inserting into the hole and wondering if anyone knew where to get another one from. I don't know if mine is now good or bad, I just don't want anything standing in my way for this weekends first start up and would like to have a back-up on hand. It has omega written on it and it's yellow. Does anyone know what part # it is at the Omega website?

Thanks.
av8ersteve is offline Find More Posts by av8ersteve
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:44 PM
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined May 2004
1,188 Posts
It's a regular "K" style probe. You can use one from any engine. (or just about) I buy them direct from Xicoy for the best price... but it you need one quick... you can get one with a servo lead from Wren USA. OR... if you need the big yellow, polarized plug... you can get one from AMT USA. (US MicroTurbines)
Dr Honda is offline Find More Posts by Dr Honda
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:20 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,143 Posts
Hey Steve. Dont know if you seen this yet... but this is what your start will be like.
AMT Pegasus MK-3 turbine test (4 min 53 sec)
vettster is offline Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DTRYER ripped me off!!!
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:02 PM
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Dec 2009
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Honda View Post
It's a regular "K" style probe. You can use one from any engine. (or just about) I buy them direct from Xicoy for the best price... but it you need one quick... you can get one with a servo lead from Wren USA. OR... if you need the big yellow, polarized plug... you can get one from AMT USA. (US MicroTurbines)
They are K type thermo couplers but there is the grounded and ungrounded types. I know that the RAM Engines use the ungrounded probe. Not sure about the others. You can get them from omega.com. This is the product number that I ordered for my RAM (KMTSS-062U-6)

Patrick
sirrom is offline Find More Posts by sirrom
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:20 PM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettster View Post
Hey Steve. Dont know if you seen this yet... but this is what your start will be like.
http://youtu.be/QzsDQg99qUg
Man that sounds amazing! I am ready for my first start up. Scheduled for tomorrow. I may have a bad thermocouple though so it maybe delayed until Carlos at RTI contacts me back. I'm still going to give it a shot as I don't know if its good or bad, I just know I droke the tip off the one I have. If temp doesn't register the ecu will never kick in the fuel pump from what I've read and running on propane alone is bad, no oiling of the bearings. Im going to vid it so you all will get to see. Im so excited!
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:27 PM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Good news! Carlos is sending me a new probe Tuesday. If this one is bad, it's replacement is on the way.