SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:03 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Trader Rating: 31
I am proud to be able to share thoughts and varying ides and values from the mix of folk's like y'all on this forum. This place is has become my lifeline to the world now that I lost thru time 65% of my heart muscle and had to retire from building custom furniture and yacht interiors. I just can't breath that well to do shop work anymore. What I have learned here today is grace. I am fixin to send this guy some good feedback and raise his rating up to a 2 in one moment.. Thank's guy's for showing me the way!!! Dave/ZZ ....guy had zero feedback, this is it: jimdcr
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Last edited by zeezee; Oct 06, 2012 at 11:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:18 AM
Lesson Learned = $$ Saved
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2005
744 Posts
Trader Rating: 100
At some point it really doesn't matter if someone leaves feedback. I appreciate all of it yes but I don't intend on hunting anyone down for it and keep requesting that they leave it.

Pulled a few numbers just from some of the posters here to prove a point as the web page will display the feedback left on the trader rating page if you just hover your cursor over the last page on the list.

Handle____Feedback Got_______Feedback Left
jcstalls_______416_________________491
pmackenzie___31__________________41
ww2collector__29__________________39
wynn1427____84__________________111

So as you can see in just a small sample feedback was not returned to those who left it. All I can say is it takes time and I wouldn't expect a 1:1 relationship on this.

Wynn
Wynn1427 is offline Find More Posts by Wynn1427
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:25 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Trader Rating: 31
Good begets good! The fellow saw his feedback # go from 0-1 and he immediately sent me the same and apologized... Thank's, Dave/
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:29 PM
United States, TX, League City
Joined Jun 2008
367 Posts
Trader Rating: 204
Too much work to leave feedback...must continue browsing classified before missing out on awesome deals lol
hi2nr is online now Find More Posts by hi2nr
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:43 PM
Everything is Upgradeable.
USA, FL, Gainesville
Joined Aug 2010
1,024 Posts
Trader Rating: 28
I started putting on my sale, your feedback gets mine. only one out of 4 did it. i guess no news is good news. no bad feedback means he or she is happy.
postalflyer72 is online now Find More Posts by postalflyer72
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:55 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,952 Posts
Trader Rating: 385
Good begets good, out ways one ill turn deserves another.

"Too much work to leave feedback...must continue browsing classified before missing out on awesome deals lol"

Sad truthful humor with just a little sting, especially if one has a fog free mirror handy.
Drat's, why don't we have a "Like" button...........
jcstalls is online now Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:19 PM
Krueminator
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,101 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
What do you do when someone sends you a PM to thank you for the positive feedback, but then leaves none themselves? I would say I've got feedback on about 50% of the deals I've had here. Not easy to build it up that way.
JCMorgan is offline Find More Posts by JCMorgan
Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:44 PM
Flying Wood For Fun
Canada, ON, Harrowsmith
Joined Jan 2012
6,695 Posts
Trader Rating: 122
it only take a few minutes to look in your feedback page and click on outstanding icons where you didnt leave feedback yet, i try to remember to leave feedback right when someone pays because as a buyer they have done their part of the deal, unlike ebay if something goes wrong later on with the deal (i.e a scammer ect) it can be edited accordingly
and as a buyer as soon as the item arrives and i look or test it out to be what i expected i give it back before i forget too
irun4fundotca is offline Find More Posts by irun4fundotca
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:24 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,952 Posts
Trader Rating: 385
"What do you do when someone sends you a PM to thank you for the positive feedback, but then leaves none themselves?"

I would thank them.
Allow time.
Then remind if so desired in a nice manner.
jcstalls is online now Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2012, 07:58 PM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,102 Posts
Trader Rating: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
I know I have forgotten to leave feedback for sellers in the past , but if I look at my rating it looks like the sellers have forgotten about me more often

It can be hard to keep track, because unlike on ebay there is no record on here that a transaction has taken place. So you have to search for the F/S thread in order to leave feedback.

Pat MacKenzie
A link to the sale thread is in the first email you exchange with the other person. You only have to right click on the link and select copy location to have the info you need to leave feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimStanmore View Post
Interesting to think about since it only takes a couple of minutes to leave feedback. Go to the thread, copy the URL, click on the person's name. Then a couple of selections, a few appropriate words, paste the URL and click. Done.
You can go directly to leave feedback page by clicking the feedback # next to any members username.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi2nr View Post
Too much work to leave feedback...must continue browsing classified before missing out on awesome deals lol
See above
scootrb4 is online now Find More Posts by scootrb4
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:24 PM
Flying Wood For Fun
Canada, ON, Harrowsmith
Joined Jan 2012
6,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post
The way I thought of it, once I've promptly paid the total price - which I prided myself in always doing - I'd fulfilled my part of the contract, in spades, so what more could I have possibly done on my end? At that point, I should have gotten positive feedback from that seller! But Noooo-OOOOooooo. They won't say a damn thing in your stead until you've followed your own positive actions by kissing their ass a little too.
isint that true!!!
you know how I deal with those people?.... I buy more from the ones who do it right! as they are saved in my favourite sellers.

when i look for something new to buy.. i check those first for what i am looking for, and keep the bad ones as a last resort
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:09 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,667 Posts
Trader Rating: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootrb4 View Post
A link to the sale thread is in the first email you exchange with the other person. You only have to right click on the link and select copy location to have the info you need to leave feedback.
is that a new(ish) feature?
I noticed it the other day, but don;t remember seeing it before.
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:26 AM
Flying Wood For Fun
Canada, ON, Harrowsmith
Joined Jan 2012
6,695 Posts
for the most part the message contains a link to the sale thread ..if you instigate the PM within the thread itself. however if you click on there name or feedback link to check them out and leave the thread and then pm the person without doing so inside the thread it will not be there to see as the subject will be blank and it would be just a normal pm
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:29 AM
USA, GA, Warner Robins
Joined Mar 2009
126 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
I'm old and haven't bought enough stuff to rember what a url is. That being said I bought something ,thanked the seller in a pm,after trying to lv feedback. Then I said to self it can't be that hard and found the url. I'm only a buyer, and have left more than rec. No biggie. Life goes on.
50olds is offline Find More Posts by 50olds
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:27 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,058 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by irun4fundotca View Post
isint that true!!!
you know how I deal with those people?.... I buy more from the ones who do it right! as they are saved in my favourite sellers.

when i look for something new to buy.. i check those first for what i am looking for, and keep the bad ones as a last resort
That works. Unfortunately tho, unless you're buying something involved in a particular 'line' of items (like, with your hobby) & even otherwise, so often the things you're interested in are offered by sellers outside that 'favorites' lineup.

I've been an eBayer since their earliest days, & that 'feedback hostage' thing was a trend that unfortunately caught on & endured - and is one of my most-loathed things about the site. That & the fact it takes several acts of Congress to get any wrongdoings corrected.

The icing on the Ebay cake? To this day my one & only negative feedback came from a seller whom I wouldn't give a positive, FOR not giving her a positive. Didn't give a negative, mind you, not even a neutral -- I just wouldn't provide feedback and apparently it was a mistake to tell her the only reason I wouldn't is because it would HAVE to be negative & I didn't want to get a 'revenge' neg.

Now, for the cherry on top. The item (a video camera) she sent was (a) not 'like new' as described; (b) was not even the freakin' MODEL advertised, & (c) was NON-FUNCTIONAL!! I appealed with eBuy (this was pre-PayPal days) until I was blue-in-the-fingers. Bottom line - I still carry that one negative feedback today.
That'n really soured my love for the site. People here should be grateful we can so easily revise our feedback, & appeals don't so readily fall on deaf ears.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member