HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:59 AM
Joined Jul 2011
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdi3d View Post
Pabloreg - I sent you a pm a few days ago - Sorry the day job has kept me hopping - Do you have the 1/2" spacer in the location that you mention above? Which servos are you using? Is your camera balanced on the gimbal?

MIke
Thanks Mike, i almost don't receive pm, so i don't check it. Thanks!

I'm using Savox SH0262, the camera is balanced, maybe can be improved, i'm making some tests. Thanks for modification tip, i was thinking in something like that.
pabloreg is offline Find More Posts by pabloreg
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:24 PM
Joined Sep 2006
160 Posts
Quote:
This is my spin on the installation. I went direct instead of linkage. I will hav to see how it works this way.

Hey Tony, how is that working? I like the KISS method!
Crash_Clark is offline Find More Posts by Crash_Clark
Last edited by Crash_Clark; Oct 04, 2012 at 06:27 AM.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:43 PM
GRAYSON HOBBY
Grayson, GA
Joined Oct 2003
1,087 Posts
Sorry for the dbl post, but I posted this in the incorrect thread...dang search

Hey...

I picked up a flame gear a few weeks ago and Im finally getting around to installing it. I would like to know where / if I can purchase more of the hardware and frame parts. I have a few cameras I like to try and I can see it will be easier to change the mounts rather than the cameras on certain models.

Specifically, the nuts, bolts, the silver ball looking thing, and the 2 frame parts that attach to the camera tray
Lt.Smash is offline Find More Posts by Lt.Smash
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:07 PM
Brushless
Joined Mar 2009
2,048 Posts
Lt Smash - just contact tony at Rc-Drones.com and he will hook you up for hardware parts - Thanks

Mike
cdi3d is offline Find More Posts by cdi3d
Old Dec 08, 2012, 04:26 AM
Joined Oct 2012
235 Posts
Thinking about getting this mount but I am a bit concerned about having servo jitter issues. Are the Hitec servos recommended for it pretty good, I plan to run off my Naza gimbal connection.
RCmit is offline Find More Posts by RCmit
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:02 AM
Brushless
Joined Mar 2009
2,048 Posts
What camera are you planning on running?
cdi3d is offline Find More Posts by cdi3d
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:14 AM
Joined Oct 2012
235 Posts
Sony action camera HDR-AS15, I might give an NEX5n with 16mm lens a go also.
RCmit is offline Find More Posts by RCmit
Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:02 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
I was getting bad shudder with my Hitec 65mg servos, and the roll servo stopped working altogether, I'm assuming because the wires were jammed up against the back plate too tight. I switched the hitec out with the only spares I had that would fit, some cheapo digital HK 928mg servos, even though someone said that analog were better for this.

Right away I noticed that the roll was smoother than the pitch servo, which still shuddered badly, no matter what the settings on the Naza, so I changed it out with another HK digital. With the cheapo HK the bad shuddering was gone, so there is still hope for this gimbal.
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:26 PM
Yep, Naza-controlled Tricopter
St. Louis
Joined Apr 2002
1,454 Posts
The best way to eliminate slop in the roll axis is to hook the pushrod up as shown in the picture. It goes straight up from the servo arm to the plate above. Drill a hole in the plate, and use a piece of threaded 2-56 rod. Put one nut above the plate and one below, adjust correctly, then add a drop of threadlock.

The simplest setup for the pitch axis is a direct drive. Tap a servo arm for two 1-72 screws, and attach it using something to maintain a little spacing from the G10 of the camera mount. I used 2-56 nuts that just slip over the screws. Then you can tighten the camera mount solidly against the servo arm. Both servos are HiTec 85MG.

The GoPro is held in place by a simple scheme. Just make a backplate with two slots in it as shown, and hold it in place with a wire latch. The kink in the middle goes over a button as shown; this prevents the latch from vibrating out in flight.
tonyestep is offline Find More Posts by tonyestep