HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 08, 2009, 05:25 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,617 Posts
I didnít get the 10C mainly because I like the 8FGH helicopter programming options better. I also like the SD card and the ability to quickly install firmware upgrades.

The illuminated display is also very nice. I donít remember is that 10C has that feature or not.

One thing that does not get discussed is the zoom timer display. You can zoom it to full screen so you can very easily see it a quick glance. Thatís really nice for flying helicopters and high performance airplanes where you donít want to take your eye off what you are flying for long.

Like I said earlier the stick gimbals are a lot better than on my old 9C and are very smooth so I am happy.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2009, 05:54 AM
Florida
Joined Nov 2004
6,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcervantes11 View Post
Why have 10c? Its alot more, 8fg is cheaper. It has tons of settings we wont even use. The way it look, I think it look like a high tech (not hitec) radio "Looks like WALL-E". 10c is a older technology, 8fg is the latiest one from futaba. 8fg you can do 3 easy payment. Send off first the first payment of 150's something and its shipped next day. Theres also a 40 dollar discount which i received with latiest catalog from tower. Awsome. what put me down is xmhobbies g401b gyro do not work. And this radio has too much timer,
and none of them is a clock.
I have had the 10CHG for many months. Don't discount it too much. It is the nicest radio I have had. Very FAASt. Pun intended... The screen is back-lit. And , except for the swash-mix, programming is the same as far as I can tell. RCMan, what other heli only features does the 8Gh have?
Greybird is offline Find More Posts by Greybird
Old Nov 08, 2009, 06:40 AM
Florida
Joined Nov 2004
6,617 Posts
Not that I could figure out how to use any more features..
Old Nov 08, 2009, 11:57 AM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,202 Posts
I'm big on timers, I really want to see that timer zoom display
Now if they just made the beeper so you can adjust it so's you can actually hear it
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Nov 08, 2009, 09:50 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpete2 View Post
I'm big on timers, I really want to see that timer zoom display
Now if they just made the beeper so you can adjust it so's you can actually hear it
Pete
Yup, well 8fg does does have timers for sure lol. I don't get it why it has so much timers. Would be nice if they added a clock to see what time is it when flying i wunder if theres a transmitter with a clock built in. Ya all think if transmitter have a clock built in, will it be useful? I think futaba should look into putting a built in clock. Would be awsome.
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
Old Nov 09, 2009, 05:45 AM
Florida
Joined Nov 2004
6,617 Posts
The 10CHG has 4 timers. One for Tx time, model time, and 2 assignable ones. Is that the same?
Old Nov 09, 2009, 08:36 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybird View Post
The 10CHG has 4 timers. One for Tx time, model time, and 2 assignable ones. Is that the same?
From what I have seen all the high end Futaba transmitters from the 9C up have 4 timers. I like to set one for up count and one for down count so I know that total and how far I have to go. Thatís really nice when you flu lots of different models with different flight times. Total time for the model is nice so you can plan maintenance based on flight time. Of course they all have a transmitter battery timer.

The 8FG zoom feature brings the two programmable timers to full screen.

My 7C 2.4 has multiple timers (I think it has 3).

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Nov 09, 2009, 08:59 AM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,202 Posts
One small difference I see with the 8FG timers is that the 4th timer is now limited to model timer function, which is what I use that one for on my 9C anyway.
Now, why the two count up/down timers. Good point. E-sailplane folks can use one timer for total elapsed flight timing. I use the switch I assign as a throttle lock to control this timer, The second timer is to keep track of the motor on climb time ( I never fly to LVC on electrics), you can assign that timer to the throttle stick, at least with a Futaba you can
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Nov 09, 2009, 12:32 PM
Joined Dec 2006
833 Posts
I have a 10C and the only advantage that I can see over the 8 is the modular design that lets you use older 72 stuff or even spektrum with the appropriate modual. But I no longer see that they are selling the modular 2.4g 10C so that puts a damper on that. If I was shopping for a new tx I would give my nod to the 8, after all it has identical channels and almost the same features, at a cheaper price.

I love my 10C and it's modular design. I like that I can fly all the BnF stuff! My only complaints are that it is horribly balanced and the 2.4g antenna hangs out the back.

Oh yeah, lack of 3-position switches. That would be the one thing I would change to the 8c for, more 3 position switches. I always though that was a feature put on by futaba to make the buyer choose between the radio. You want more 3-position switches, buy a more $ radio. Now, you can get a radio with all 3-position switches for a cheaprt price!
Mera'din is offline Find More Posts by Mera'din
Old Nov 15, 2009, 11:45 AM
Joined May 2009
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andika View Post
please go away, are you an hitec seller or a spammer ????
In every post you announce the aurora9 and you start us to tire

Have you seen krysta from futaba anouncing his new product 8fg ? Not right ?
We hope you stop your spam !!
your goal is to fill the pockets convincing people to buy the radio right ?
Please go away, and reduce the price of your high servos ( no bls ) because they are more expensive than futaba bls servos
+1.....
whocares2001 is offline Find More Posts by whocares2001
Old Nov 15, 2009, 01:07 PM
Florida
Joined Nov 2004
6,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares2001 View Post
+1.....
+2 Almost every post in the radio forum has these references.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 01:47 PM
Slovenia (odranci)
Joined Nov 2006
143 Posts
I have question for this radio and also for Futaba 10

I fly wing with 2 servos.
Delta wing mix.

I want to know if i can setup EXP and Dual Rate differently for elevator and ailerons, because elevator and ailerons are on the same servos.

On my Futaba 12FG this works without a problem.

- Example how is on other radios that don't support this:

I have try Graupner MX12 and when i setup elevator DR or EXPO then left servo is set.
And when i set DR or EXPO on ailevator then right servo is set.

I don't like this, because i can not setup different settings for elevator and ailerons.
skorp_jon is offline Find More Posts by skorp_jon
Old Nov 27, 2009, 08:33 PM
Wind Happens
So California
Joined Feb 2009
88 Posts
bigslopegrin is offline Find More Posts by bigslopegrin
Last edited by bigslopegrin; Jan 08, 2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 12:21 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorp_jon View Post
I have question for this radio and also for Futaba 10

I fly wing with 2 servos.
Delta wing mix.

I want to know if i can setup EXP and Dual Rate differently for elevator and ailerons, because elevator and ailerons are on the same servos.

On my Futaba 12FG this works without a problem.

- Example how is on other radios that don't support this:

I have try Graupner MX12 and when i setup elevator DR or EXPO then left servo is set.
And when i set DR or EXPO on ailevator then right servo is set.

I don't like this, because i can not setup different settings for elevator and ailerons.
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
Old Nov 28, 2009, 04:51 AM
Florida
Joined Nov 2004
6,617 Posts
Hey RC Man, I did the one timer up, one down. I like it. Good idea.