HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:18 PM
Joined Oct 2012
43 Posts
Discussion
Flaperons or Spoilerons settings DX6i

I have the DX6i running a 6 channel receiver on my Stinger 64 EDF. Problem I'm experiencing is the amount of landing area this jet requires, it comes in hot with nothing to slow it down.

Is there any way to set up the transmitter to slow it down by either flaperons or spoilerons. Not even sure if its possible or which I should use. The jet is currently 4 channel.
pizatio is offline Find More Posts by pizatio
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:32 PM
"World's Foremost Authority"
South Central Texas
Joined Aug 2009
615 Posts
http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/DX6i-Manual_EN.pdf

Page 12. HTH.

TP
Tepid Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Tepid Pilot
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:45 PM
OY-5542
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Silkeborg
Joined Nov 2009
726 Posts
...and you can get both, even tough the flap-switch only has two positions!

Copy/paste from an earlier post of mine (post #9 http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hp?t=1571413):

"By the way, here's a tip I'm quite happy to know.
I regret not to have a 3 position flap switch on my Dx6i (it's a 2 position switch, which usually means your flaps are either deployed or not).
Well, I regret not to be able to have the choice between; no flaps, a bit and fully down.
Then I figured out that, if the plane is mechannically trimmed to neutral, I could, when programming the flaps as undeployed, set the value to a symbollic '1'. Then with the Tx's electronic trims, trim the plane back to neutral.
Now we have a neutral trimmed plane again, but with a symbollic value programmed for when flaps are undeployed.
This allows to use a free mix: Flaps >> Flaps, activated by any switch (I tend to use the elevator D/R switch, next to the flap switch) and use the mix's value settings to trim the flaps travel.
And there you go, you now have a 3 position functionning flap, but on two switches. The downside of this solution is the lack of elevator compensation, when flaps are deployed through the mix.
I've used this solution for, i.e., a Multiplex Merlin (hotliner glider, 78cm wingspan, 365g). The original flapswitch was set for spoilerons and the mix, described above, for camber/extra lift-flap. On this plane the lack of elevator compensation didn't matter at all. In fact, for a smaller amount of flaps, it hardly needed any compensation."

You can make a variation of this, by programming spoilerons and flaps instead of two different deployed flap positions(plus neutral).

Happy landings :-)
Chrizz is offline Find More Posts by Chrizz
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Chrizz; Mar 12, 2013 at 11:33 AM.