HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 09, 2013, 10:18 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129 View Post
not to hijack this thread but what happened to your 130x board? mine just kicked the bucket(rudder goes crazy) They made you send it in? I have a email into horizon, it would suck to send it in.
130X was 1 week old when all servos stopped working, failed AMS1117 5 volt regulator. They had me break it in half, send them the photo with packing slip and sent me a new one. The new one had a cold solder and they had me return the board. USPS went today to drop it off and they were closed as per the tracking info. I may just pick up another one to keep the heli in the air. You see why I'm so interested in the double regulator mod on this heli.

My tail servo pot was oxidized new causing the rudder to move all over. Are you sure it's the 3in1 and not the servo?
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2013, 10:38 PM
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
130X was 1 week old when all servos stopped working, failed AMS1117 5 volt regulator. They had me break it in half, send them the photo with packing slip and sent me a new one. The new one had a cold solder and they had me return the board. USPS went today to drop it off and they were closed as per the tracking info. I may just pick up another one to keep the heli in the air. You see why I'm so interested in the double regulator mod on this heli.

My tail servo pot was oxidized new causing the rudder to move all over. Are you sure it's the 3in1 and not the servo?
Yeah, after a few seconds in the air it goes full right rudder and stays there, i can counter with a lot of left and it will hold it straight. The servo itself works great, knock on wood.
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Old Mar 10, 2013, 06:21 AM
Beginner Pilot
United States, NY, Coram
Joined Jul 2012
374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
It's good that you now see a difference in the gain. Maybe some slight FW changes but not enough.

High gain = Twitch. What I have is a bounce. What do you have? I got mine yesterday. Do you know about ch 5?
I am getting a tail wag.... I will take a video later on and post it up so you can see. Like I said, right out of the box it started doing it. What do you mean by ch. 5 ?
gs550t1981 is offline Find More Posts by gs550t1981
Old Mar 10, 2013, 02:55 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs550t1981 View Post
I am getting a tail wag.... I will take a video later on and post it up so you can see. Like I said, right out of the box it started doing it. What do you mean by ch. 5 ?
Gain signal is sent using channel 5 of your tx. Check your manual on how to do it. Either send a fix value or assign it to one of your pots. range is -100 to 100. Default is 0 and I find on mine 100 is the best is it still bounces. I'm using a Devo 10 and Deviation which many Blade owners don't use.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 04:59 AM
Joined Sep 2004
24 Posts
Just my 2 cents worth on the issue of tail bounce on the MCPX BL. I think it has been established that your not going to get rid of the bounce while hovering and doing small movement flying. I have some tail bounce on mine and I don't think it is an issue for flying at all. I can say that adjusting the gain on channel made a huge difference to the tail holding ability of the heli for fast backward flight. At stock setting of 0 gain, i was getting blowouts just flying a backwards straight line. When set at +50% out of a possible 125% (JR Radio), I could fly fast backwards with no blowout. I haven't tested much more than this.
Conclusion is, stop whingeing about the tail wag, unless it is so extreme to be uncontrollable and just fly this awesome little heli the way its meant to.
meherenow7 is offline Find More Posts by meherenow7
Old Mar 11, 2013, 05:35 AM
Beginner Pilot
United States, NY, Coram
Joined Jul 2012
374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meherenow7 View Post
Just my 2 cents worth on the issue of tail bounce on the MCPX BL. I think it has been established that your not going to get rid of the bounce while hovering and doing small movement flying. I have some tail bounce on mine and I don't think it is an issue for flying at all. I can say that adjusting the gain on channel made a huge difference to the tail holding ability of the heli for fast backward flight. At stock setting of 0 gain, i was getting blowouts just flying a backwards straight line. When set at +50% out of a possible 125% (JR Radio), I could fly fast backwards with no blowout. I haven't tested much more than this.
Conclusion is, stop whingeing about the tail wag, unless it is so extreme to be uncontrollable and just fly this awesome little heli the way its meant to.
Understood....... now when adjusting the gain on this bad boy do I activate the gyro on my transmitter? I never messed with the gain settings on a micro before. Always left it under "inhibit". Using the Dx8.... Thanks
Old Mar 11, 2013, 08:09 AM
Medellín, Colombia
Joined Apr 2010
320 Posts
The heli is brand new, out of the box, this was suposed to be the first flight video but heli has a major problem

mcpx bl tail motor not working (0 min 33 sec)

the tail motor wont spin and get really hot, any ideas?

Thank you in advance
chulian1819 is offline Find More Posts by chulian1819
Old Mar 11, 2013, 08:17 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chulian1819 View Post
The heli is brand new, out of the box, this was suposed to be the first flight video but heli has a major problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbWau...ature=youtu.be

the tail motor wont spin and get really hot, any ideas?

Thank you in advance
Assuming it freely rotates probably the motor is missing a phase. New out of the box, return it.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 01:01 PM
Beginner Pilot
United States, NY, Coram
Joined Jul 2012
374 Posts
Is it just me or are these brushless babies having lots of issues? They couldn't even get it to hover without a tall wag.... bad motors, hopefully the control boards will last on these... my nano lasted 93 flights and my original mcpx only lasted 70. Have to say though HH does have excellent customer service....
Old Mar 11, 2013, 02:15 PM
Joined Feb 2012
96 Posts
First thing I'd do is check the tail motor connection to the 3-in-1 board.....and the motor connection to the tail boom mount....
Those micro-pins have been known to cause problems on occasion...
Failing THAT, however....I agree...DON'T DELAY in shipping it back as defective!!
If you start messing with it, HH MAY not honor the warranty!!!
Good luck!
dasBlade300X is offline Find More Posts by dasBlade300X
Old Mar 11, 2013, 04:05 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,655 Posts
QQ - Flying the MCPX BL and having a ball -Question, though, I notice that my tail isn't holding completely. It seems to drift ever so slowly as I fly it (counter clockwise). I could use trim to correct it, but know that's a no-no w/ AS3X - any thoughts?
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Mar 11, 2013, 04:28 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
QQ - Flying the MCPX BL and having a ball -Question, though, I notice that my tail isn't holding completely. It seems to drift ever so slowly as I fly it (counter clockwise). I could use trim to correct it, but know that's a no-no w/ AS3X - any thoughts?
Bind it again to see if it fixes that, but if it doesn't, using some trim is fine
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Mar 11, 2013, 06:10 PM
Joined Sep 2004
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs550t1981 View Post
Understood....... now when adjusting the gain on this bad boy do I activate the gyro on my transmitter? I never messed with the gain settings on a micro before. Always left it under "inhibit". Using the Dx8.... Thanks
I'm using and old JR Radio, so I had to assign my Governor function to my channel 5, and then I adjust it through the Gov setting which gives me + and - 125%.

You need to work out what function can be assigned to your channel 5 (Normally Gear channel) on your particular TX and then assign it appropriately. Then you can adjust that function accordingly. It basically doesn't matter if its gyro, gov or just plain travel adjustments on channel 5, they all do the same thing.

Mat.
meherenow7 is offline Find More Posts by meherenow7
Old Mar 12, 2013, 08:51 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Bind it again to see if it fixes that, but if it doesn't, using some trim is fine
I'll try re-binding. Question, though - on the MSRx, if you give it 3 or more clicks of rudder trim before spooling up, it turns off the AS3X. I do not think I want to imagine this bird without the gyro . . . can I use more than 3 clicks of rudder without turning off the AS3X on this bird?
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Mar 12, 2013, 08:55 AM
Toronto Canada
Joined Dec 2002
5,374 Posts
Oops - double post!
Martyn McKinney is offline Find More Posts by Martyn McKinney