HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:08 PM
FpvQc
Canada, QC, Chibougamau
Joined Jan 2008
155 Posts
finally i ordered new parts, with some spare =p i will try to change only the Atmega328P, after 3days trying everything.... i dont know what i can try now.... =p
BillyJo is offline Find More Posts by BillyJo
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:40 PM
Just another user
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Naerum
Joined Feb 2011
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyJo View Post
finally i ordered new parts, with some spare =p i will try to change only the Atmega328P, after 3days trying everything.... i dont know what i can try now.... =p
Sorry to hear you are still having problems.
have you checked everything as good as possible, to make sure there is no short-circuit between the IC-pins?
If you donīt have a magnifier, I can recommend to take a few photos and look closer.

If nothing else works out, I donīt mind to have a look at it - but thatīs not exactly a fast solution with shipping
Dennis Frie is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Frie
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:42 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
If you have time, perhaps you can implement auto baud rate?
Could be an idea, if I'm bored one day
Have a few other things on the to-do list, but I might implement it sooner or later
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:18 PM
FpvQc
Canada, QC, Chibougamau
Joined Jan 2008
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Frie View Post
Sorry to hear you are still having problems.
have you checked everything as good as possible, to make sure there is no short-circuit between the IC-pins?
If you donīt have a magnifier, I can recommend to take a few photos and look closer.

If nothing else works out, I donīt mind to have a look at it - but thatīs not exactly a fast solution with shipping
i'Ve done some research, and try to add a Cap between 5V and RESET on my ISP Programmer, have the same error.

i'Ve taken a photo of the circuit, and don't see any short-circuit, i dont have my PC right now, i will try to publish it yesterday =)
BillyJo is offline Find More Posts by BillyJo
Old Feb 14, 2013, 02:58 AM
Joined May 2012
428 Posts
Today I found a project I worked on a year or so ago, an editor for the max7456 font files, and header files for the font uploader. If anyone is interested i've attached the editor's binaries here and uploaded the source's to github: https://github.com/ascended/MAX7456FontEditor

It's not hugely fancy, but it does allow tiled editing, import and export of images, and the ability to save directly to the .h file for the font uploader.
Ascended is online now Find More Posts by Ascended
Last edited by Ascended; Feb 14, 2013 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Added preview picture
Old Feb 14, 2013, 03:00 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
Today I found a project I worked on a year or so ago, an editor for the max7456 font files, and header files for the font uploader. If anyone is interested i've attached the editor's binaries here and uploaded the source's to github: https://github.com/ascended/MAX7456FontEditor

It's not hugely fancy, but it does allow tiled editing, import and export of images, and the ability to save directly to the .h file for the font uploader.
Now that's just annoying - I've used the program from Maxim to export all standard characters and manually converted to H-file etc

Nice little tool. If I decide to use it, do you mind if I include it with the uploaded firmware?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:03 PM
Joined May 2012
428 Posts
Go for it, it's not very good though. I wrote it in a few hours without bothering to make it fast or even slightly optimised.
Ascended is online now Find More Posts by Ascended
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:01 PM
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Joined Jun 2009
168 Posts
RC channels used

Soldered the board and programmed it. Now I have some writing on the screen that goes away when I disconnect power from the OSD. Something is working!!!
Haven't hooked up the radio yet, that's next.
Reading through config.h I see 2 channels being used to control the OSD. Channel 1 & 2. Looks like Aileron on channel 1 and Elevator on channel 2. Is this about right or am I missing things(normal)?
Bill
SupraGo is online now Find More Posts by SupraGo
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:27 AM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraGo View Post
Soldered the board and programmed it. Now I have some writing on the screen that goes away when I disconnect power from the OSD. Something is working!!!
Haven't hooked up the radio yet, that's next.
Reading through config.h I see 2 channels being used to control the OSD. Channel 1 & 2. Looks like Aileron on channel 1 and Elevator on channel 2. Is this about right or am I missing things(normal)?
Bill
Sounds good
When you say "Now I have some writing on the screen", is it the expected overlay or just random text?

At the moment the possibilities in the menu is quite limited, but itīs available if you want to use it. You can only access menu while home-position havenīt been set. That means your plane should be on the ground and you can use same controls to navigate menu as you use to control the plane.

I canīt remember the default channels, but think itīs channel 1 and 4? But whatever you prefer, just not same channel as throttle.

- And please share a picture if possible, would be great to see
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:57 PM
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Joined Jun 2009
168 Posts
Read the config file a little more carefully and got the 2 channels. Duh.
When I posted that I had no sensors hooked up so was only displaying 0.0 in bottom left corner. Have got the GPS up and working, gives lots more numbers to display. I'm getting a lock indoors, which impresses me.
I have some problems with either my VTx or camera right now, so working on that.
Will see if I can get a picture.
Thank you.
Bill
SupraGo is online now Find More Posts by SupraGo
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:45 PM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraGo View Post
Read the config file a little more carefully and got the 2 channels. Duh.
When I posted that I had no sensors hooked up so was only displaying 0.0 in bottom left corner. Have got the GPS up and working, gives lots more numbers to display. I'm getting a lock indoors, which impresses me.
I have some problems with either my VTx or camera right now, so working on that.
Will see if I can get a picture.
Thank you.
Bill
Sounds good
If it's unclear in the config-file just let me know. I can just as well correct it now, if it's misleading.

Looking forward to see it in action
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:57 AM
Danmark, Hovedstaden, Hellerup
Joined Dec 2006
94 Posts
I'm in.
First a big thank's to Dennis for providing us with this little gem. It took me some time to read through this tread and the more I read the more I wanted one. I called up Dennis since we're only 15 min. apart and he provided me with the nessesary board (already prept). I have sinse then gotten home a GPS, pressure sensor and a current sensor, all from Flytron.
I soldered the pressure sensor and the GPS to the board for a drytest. It all went well and I got a 5 satelite lock after 3min from my balcony. Now I want to ad the current sensor, but I'm not shure if all is ok with this unit?? As you can understand I am not into electronics or soldering SMD, my knowledge of these things are at the most basic. Now for my Q's:
  • The current sensor from Flytron is suposed to be a 100A rated. see pict 1 How do I know that.
  • How does this current sensor get rid of all the heat?
I probably have a ton of more Q's for you later on.
Thank's for all, now I need to clean it up and srinkwrap it.
Best regards Poul.
Electraglide is offline Find More Posts by Electraglide
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:08 AM
Denmark, kbh
Joined Jan 2012
1,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electraglide View Post
...How does this current sensor get rid of all the heat?...
If it gets hot, something is wrong. If you are running also a ground and positive wire from the sense terminal, you could have reversed polarity with respect to the battery/ESC solder pads.

In order to avoid ground loops, I don't run the sense terminal ground and + wires, only the signal wire. Try that! And check polarity on the ESC/battery connections. Flytron has a file showing polarity on the product page.
mike_o is offline Find More Posts by mike_o
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:37 AM
Denmark, kbh
Joined Jan 2012
1,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electraglide View Post
...The current sensor from Flytron is suposed to be a 100A rated. see pict 1 How do I know that...
It should be clear from the marking on the resistor: The 25A version should have an "R002" print (claimed 0.002ohm); the 50A version an "R001" print (claimed 0.001ohm); and the 100A version an "M50" print (claimed 0,0005ohm).

It seems you have received the 50A version

Since Flytron claim a gain of 100 for all three sensors, and I get a fairly correct current (A) reading from my 25A, 0.002 ohm sensor, I'd expect you to get an OSD reading thats 4 times too low. That should probably be adjusted in the OSD settings.

Dennis, can you confirm that?
mike_o is offline Find More Posts by mike_o
Last edited by mike_o; Feb 18, 2013 at 05:43 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:26 AM
Just another user
Joined Feb 2011
786 Posts
I gotta admit it looks like a 50A current-sensor. With 0.001 ohm shunt-resistor, the power-dissipation at 100A will be:
100A^2 * 0.001 ohm = 10W

That will be one hot shunt-resistor.

For your EasyGlider you should be fine with a 50A current sensor. Even 50A with the 0.001 ohm shunt-resistor will "only" be 2.5W loss in the shunt resistor.

Just write Melih/Flytron an e-mail and ask, I've always had great service from them.

If you decide to use the 50A current-sensor in your EasyGlider, the current shown will be 2 times the actual usage, as it expect a 100A current sensor