HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:06 PM
Private Pilot-ASEL
United States, ME, Portland
Joined Jun 2011
15 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Discussion
How do all of you feel about reselling and online trading?

Hey guys,

Got a question for you, and maybe I can pick up some pointers and ideas from all of you too.

Ive been thinking of ways to make money, mostly to pay for my flight training. (Real world, im a PPL right now working on my IFR Rating). And I have found that I have a knack for finding good deals and being able to resell them. So my question is this: How do you feel about reselling things to try to make a profit? An example would be, say I find someone clearing out thier hangar and has 5 planes for $100. If they are easily worth $75 apiece, would I be in the wrong to sell them each for $50 or even $75 to try to make some money? Or If I buy an iPod locally for $50 and sell it for $100 here...does that sound ok?

Im sure I could find lots of stuff to buy and sell here (Always by reasonable prices), but I dont want anyone to be offended or feel cheated by it.

So, any thoughts?
CJpilot316 is offline Find More Posts by CJpilot316
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:11 PM
United States, CA, Costa Mesa
Joined Oct 2009
584 Posts
Trader Rating: 70
if you dont lie about condition and provide good pics..........................
this is america
steeg

if you don't like the price of something dont pay it
steeg is offline Find More Posts by steeg
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:12 PM
Private Pilot-ASEL
Joined Jun 2011
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeg View Post
if you dont lie about condition and provide good pics..........................
this is america
steeg

if you don't like the price of something dont pay it
Definitely, I always post the condition as well as I can, with good pics and more by request.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:13 PM
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2010
58 Posts
Trader Rating: 177
I have no issue with anybody doing any reselling on this site or any other site. Go for it!
JimG_AZ is online now Find More Posts by JimG_AZ
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:20 PM
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
Isn't this what the classifieds section is for? Whether I used it or not I am basially reselling on here. I don't see manufacturers selling direct in classifieds. Just be honest about condition and make sure you post pics. From there if it sells go for it.
Syner01 is offline Find More Posts by Syner01
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:39 PM
most exalted one
BC Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,492 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
I just picked up a flt box, some older models, radios for $$$$.The guy that went with me got his pick fof $25. Everone else pays what it's worth, locally. I will probably sell the stuff locally but on here is fine with me. Anyone want an Eclipse 7 or Airtronics vg400.

Go for it!
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Last edited by 4*60; Mar 23, 2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 06:40 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
OP sell as you see fit. It's nobodies business what you pay for something, or what you ask for it in a sale.

Accurately describe your item, take good pics, ship quickly, and be responsive to other members communications.

I got started in Ebay doing what you described and got very addicted to it. Not that much different here although, unless you find something rare or in high demand, chances are you won't make a ton of dough with RC stuff.

Good luck!
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 23, 2012, 07:25 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,545 Posts
Trader Rating: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
OP sell as you see fit. It's nobodies business what you pay for something, or what you ask for it in a sale.

Accurately describe your item, take good pics, ship quickly, and be responsive to other members communications.

I got started in Ebay doing what you described and got very addicted to it. Not that much different here although, unless you find something rare or in high demand, chances are you won't make a ton of dough with RC stuff.

Good luck!
Well said...Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:09 AM
D W
I love you man.
United States, NY, Pelham
Joined Sep 2002
2,743 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
I understand CJs hesitation. This being a hobby group one could believe the classifieds are for the active hobbyist members to trade and sell their personal stuff. I was even a bit taken aback whn I learned that "professional" resellers exist here ( at first I couldn't figure out why a seller had zero posts but multiple trader rating).
But of course it's fine.
Go for it.
D W is offline Find More Posts by D W
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:40 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
35 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Good deals

this is what i do for a living now. and i am an active hobbiest . i have bought from here aswell i try not to resale goods i have purchased here though. i make a good honest living and i dont cheat any one intentionaly pluss i usualy get a hold of some prety good stuff that i keep for my self thiss month i have 3.900 in sales after all is paid for . so go for it more power to you and hope you succeed and do well
socalheliparts is offline Find More Posts by socalheliparts
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 23, 2012, 01:52 PM
miniture aircraft pilot
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Oct 2007
1,330 Posts
Trader Rating: 77
we do people get so worked up over "resellers". hobbiest or not. NO ONE FORCES you buy anything.
if it wasn't for the internet and forums like this , most of us would never find things we need or want.
how many swap meets/auctions would you have to attend to find something that you can find online every day?

MORE and more people complain just because they didn't get the "great deal" that some on else found or bought here.... GET OVER IT....
if not for the forums you NEVER WOULD HAVE KNOWN ABOUT IT ANYWAY.
rcshirt is offline Find More Posts by rcshirt
Old Mar 23, 2012, 03:09 PM
D W
I love you man.
Joined Sep 2002
2,743 Posts
I don't see where anyone here got even a bit upset?????
Old Mar 23, 2012, 03:15 PM
miniture aircraft pilot
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Oct 2007
1,330 Posts
Trader Rating: 77
so opening another thread.. for the how manyith time... and then that awsome response ,
love where this is headed.
but you just post, not really selling much are you?
rcshirt is offline Find More Posts by rcshirt
Old Mar 23, 2012, 03:37 PM
D W
I love you man.
Joined Sep 2002
2,743 Posts
??????
A new guy asks a question and gets some clear, helpful answers. No one got worked up. And now I got personally attacked?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 03:49 PM
Private Pilot-ASEL
Joined Jun 2011
15 Posts
Guys, its all cool no need to argue. I think that its ok from what you all say.

Im actually not new here...ive been a member for quite a while, but for some reason my post count got reset. No idea why-.

Thanks all!