Atomic Playboy
United States, MN, Inver Grove Heights
Joined Jun 2012
218 Posts
Discussion
Acrobatics

I have some questions on this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=kwFe8bq3_A4

- What exactly is happening with the sticks when the tricopter rolls or flips? Do you hammer the throttle during the maneuver, cut it, or leave it alone?
- This question is specifically for hallstudio since it's his video. How do you have your transmitter set up? Heli mode? Throttle curve to get that nice hover?
signal15 is offline Find More Posts by signal15
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2012, 12:18 PM
not insane; Mom had me tested
Marietta Ga.
Joined Apr 2005
810 Posts
Standard aero setup on radio with no throttle curves. There is no trick to doing aerobatics. You have to learn how far you can kill throttle without losing control. When I do a flip i blip throttle than pull throttle back to 25% as I give full back on the yoke then bring back throttle. Same with a fast forward flip or roll. If you do the flip with out pulling back throttle its just bigger. The first time I flipped her it was a standard 1.6 burn so the flip was about 40 foot. i did it at a field i found that had 2 foot tall grass from about 125 foot up. Heart was pounding. I fly 1.6 acro now with 150% throws and 50% expo. Another thing to practice is taking it up to 100 foot and cutting throttle to 25% over and over again till you feel comfortable with the tri falling at speed. If you want to cheat set the throttle trim high to keep the props spinning around 20-25% just remember you cant arm or disarm with the trim up.
hallstudio is offline Find More Posts by hallstudio