SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:45 PM
Slope-a-Dope
United States, UT, Draper
Joined Dec 2012
2,155 Posts
Discussion
Possible PSS plane but need more pics

Found this recently when looking for a possible PSS plane to tackle. There are two planes by the same designer, Herberts Cukurs. One was his aviation record setting self built wooden monoplane and the other a one-off prototype light dive bomber. The Cukurs C-6bis. Only one made and only one pic could i find thus far. The bomber is my preference however there is more info/pics of the civilian model YL-ABA.

Anyone have more? Or resource suggestions?

TIA- Steve

The middle image is the prototype dive bomber that was nixed after testing as unsuitable.

The first and last pics are the civilian plane.
Steve 0 is online now Find More Posts by Steve 0
Last edited by Steve 0; Dec 30, 2014 at 02:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:52 PM
That Freeking Laird Guy
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Feb 2002
9,329 Posts
It's certainly not a "handsome" plane But it should make a decent flying plane. The wing seems highly tapered which could make it a bit prone to tip stall, especially the high speed variety when you yank the stick a wee bit too enthusiastically.
TFLG is online now Find More Posts by TFLG
Old Dec 30, 2014, 02:17 PM
Slope-a-Dope
United States, UT, Draper
Joined Dec 2012
2,155 Posts
This should work perfectly! I don't build "handsome" planes .

Mine would have a designation call sign like - YU-GLY1

So it wouldn't be noticeable if mine built out prettier than the real deal.

For the tip stall prone wing tips.....maybe some taper removed with creative license.

Looking for a 3 view or plans. Will keep digging. Maybe the library or some Jane's books.
Steve 0 is online now Find More Posts by Steve 0
Old Dec 30, 2014, 06:25 PM
Australia, WA, Kinross
Joined Aug 2007
390 Posts
Hi Steve,

A quick image search in Google using the designers name came up with the following:

http://herbertscukurs.blogspot.com.a...ra-o-japo.html

http://latvianaviation.com/en/index....PNR_Cukurs.ssi

http://herberts-cukurs.blogspot.com....-to-tokyo.html

Mike
mikeyg1972 is online now Find More Posts by mikeyg1972
Old Dec 30, 2014, 11:14 PM
No fuse too fat
USA, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Apr 2002
3,934 Posts
Build it! That's a super cool subject. I get the challenge of not having much documentation. I've had my eye on the Heinkel 112 for years.
slopeiron is online now Find More Posts by slopeiron