HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2015, 07:59 PM
Theoretical balsa dust maker
United States, MI, Kalamazoo
Joined Oct 2007
2,287 Posts
I made the mistake of trying to cut a piece of carbon laminate on my scroll saw. It did a very nice job of ripping the teeth off then polished the remaining part of the blade...
plane_tech is online now Find More Posts by plane_tech
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2015, 08:56 PM
Check it and chuck it
United States, CA, South Lake Tahoe
Joined Jun 2011
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plane_tech View Post
I made the mistake of trying to cut a piece of carbon laminate on my scroll saw. It did a very nice job of ripping the teeth off then polished the remaining part of the blade...
After obtaining that result myself, I discovered that if you start out slowly, (Don't push on the carbon, let the saw do the work) your jigsaw will work. Use a fine tooth blade.

P.S. Buy some extra blades first.
Tahoed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoed
Old Jan 20, 2015, 09:43 AM
United States, SC, Liberty
Joined Dec 2013
512 Posts
Can anyone tell me what's on page 4 of the Solaris build manual? I'm missing that page. Thanks.
Brynmr is online now Find More Posts by Brynmr
Old Today, 12:36 PM
Old Prop Buster
United States, CA, Grass Valley
Joined Dec 2009
756 Posts
I have finished my 2.7 electric Odyssey and I am progressing with dialing in the plane learning to fly it correctly. I am very pleased with it so far. I was waiting to do one of the last steps on the instructions which is to drill vent holes in the fuselage and canopy, maybe I should have done that sooner. I would rather skip the drilling if possible as things are do not seem to be getting hot, but it is winter and I have not really pushed the plane hard like a 30 second full throttle climb. Have other skipped this step in their electric gliders? The instructions do not say what size holes but they look pretty large from the pictures, like about 6mm. What size holes did you do if you did them?
Thanks in advance
Gary
Sir Dumb Thumb is offline Find More Posts by Sir Dumb Thumb
Old Today, 12:48 PM
United States, SC, Liberty
Joined Dec 2013
512 Posts
What about better looking covered vents or air scoops, Gary? just an idea.
Brynmr is online now Find More Posts by Brynmr
Old Today, 05:53 PM
Old Prop Buster
United States, CA, Grass Valley
Joined Dec 2009
756 Posts
Covered vents or scoops would look better but add drag, not much but still drag.
Sir Dumb Thumb is offline Find More Posts by Sir Dumb Thumb