SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 17, 2014, 07:16 PM
Semper Fi
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Mar 2009
1,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissBoy View Post
Does anyone have another way to attach the stock tail to the boom? My plywood pieces are toast...broke them and not super sure where to go from here. I didn't really like the original pieces anyway, pretty draggy.
greedyg76 is online now Find More Posts by greedyg76
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2014, 09:25 PM
No, you can't fly it.
United States, WI, Menomonie
Joined Nov 2006
718 Posts
That would work if I did a non-stock tail...but I just want to reattach the stock one. Just the wood pieces snapped, the tail is fine (and I have the servos built in to the feathers).
SwissBoy is offline Find More Posts by SwissBoy
Old Nov 18, 2014, 01:42 PM
Semper Fi
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Mar 2009
1,024 Posts
duct tape
greedyg76 is online now Find More Posts by greedyg76
Old Jan 07, 2015, 01:17 PM
Canada, BC, Kimberley
Joined May 2013
60 Posts
EPP-FPV in the Rocky Mountains

EPP-FPV in the Rocky Mountains :
Flying The Hobbyking EPP-FPV in the Rocky Mountains (2 min 20 sec)
psynaut is offline Find More Posts by psynaut
Old Jan 16, 2015, 02:38 AM
Joined Jan 2015
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvV FANG Vvv View Post
After nearly a month of painting and procrastinating my plane is almost ready to go!

A fair bit of time went into sanding it all down and painting it. I didn't like the really rough surface and i tend to spend a lot of time making my planes look pretty ..... I know it probably doesnt make a big difference to the plane but the building and painting is probably the part i enjoy the most about rc planes.

The wings and tail bits were all sanded with a small orbital sander and then by hand before being given a couple of coats of some kill-rust paint which has epoxy in it. I reckon it helps to give foam a bit of rigidity and a bit of a skin.
I sanded between coats and then gave some colour and made a template from the wing pattern to paint some new patterns on it.

The fuse was fairly smooth so it only had a light sand and colour put over the top.

Still have a few control horns and pushrods to setup and also the electrics .... but it at least now looks like a plane!
This looks really nice. that and making mine into a T tail are in the plans now.
BeastBoi is online now Find More Posts by BeastBoi
Old Jan 16, 2015, 02:47 AM
BashMonkeyRC
United States, OR, Marcola
Joined Sep 2013
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissBoy View Post
Does anyone have another way to attach the stock tail to the boom? My plywood pieces are toast...broke them and not super sure where to go from here. I didn't really like the original pieces anyway, pretty draggy.
Was it just the baseplayes or the boom mount pieces too? If it was just the baseplate then this could work: I just scrapped the plywood pieces, laid down a straightedge perpendicular to the seam straight down the middle and cut the slots for the boom mounts with an xacto. Just work in a spot for em, make sure the boom rings are lined up with the seam, pulled back out, glue em and reset em. Better bond IMO
KNote72 is offline Find More Posts by KNote72