Old Jun 01, 2015, 02:39 PM
Find More Posts by Superconductor
73 de 2E0IUI
UK, Newton-le-Willows
Joined May 2010
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver View Post
Dave I'm gonna Get her flying again for you Mate!
Sweet ! Cheers bud

Dave.
Superconductor is offline Find More Posts by Superconductor
Old Jun 03, 2015, 06:40 AM
Find More Posts by Spaaro
NAS Whidbey Island/Oak Harbour, WA
Joined Jul 1999
348 Posts
Just encountered your project thread and I must chime in with appropriate congratulations and accolades, DD! Beyond !

I used to be stationed at NH Charleston back in the late 90's till '00. My mother resided there in retirement in W. Ashley while I went on to postings abroad.

I dreamed of getting into elec. flight back then and used to watch the flying club peeps on weekends, deep down on Johns Island--at a rented field off of River Rd/Blind Rd., I think.
Where do must people fly now? I think that old field was sold or access lost.

Just guessing, based on the appearance of your property: are you out near Dorchester 61[behind the airport/Boeing], or perhaps nearer Bees Ferry Rd or further south?

I have to return to Chasn sometime by summer.
Spaaro is offline Find More Posts by Spaaro
Old Jun 07, 2015, 05:21 PM
Find More Posts by demondriver
Up-Out-&-Gone
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
17,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaaro View Post
Just encountered your project thread and I must chime in with appropriate congratulations and accolades, DD! Beyond !

I used to be stationed at NH Charleston back in the late 90's till '00. My mother resided there in retirement in W. Ashley while I went on to postings abroad.

I dreamed of getting into elec. flight back then and used to watch the flying club peeps on weekends, deep down on Johns Island--at a rented field off of River Rd/Blind Rd., I think.
Where do must people fly now? I think that old field was sold or access lost.

Just guessing, based on the appearance of your property: are you out near Dorchester 61[behind the airport/Boeing], or perhaps nearer Bees Ferry Rd or further south?

I have to return to Chasn sometime by summer.
Great to hear from you Sir, I'm in Goose Creek right outside North Charleston, I moved here 6 years ago from The Philadelphia Area, Best Move I ever made in my life.

I mainly fly up in Camden S.C. at Kershaw County Fliers. I have flown at Johns Island many times with the great John Rhodes, a true Master Pilot and builder.
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 18, 2015, 01:41 AM
Find More Posts by demondriver
Up-Out-&-Gone
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
17,300 Posts
Moving forward. . . literally!

I've now installed the clear plastic elevator-canard to the Orion's nose. . . . All I have to do now is install the elevator servos.
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member