HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 28, 2005, 09:46 AM
Joined Dec 2005
5 Posts
Discussion
Test Plane!

Ok , I want to start flying rcs. Now I found a club but havn't contact them yet and I've looked about for planes but i'm going to wait for details by the club. So at the moment I want to just buy a cheapish toy like plane which will just give me a rough idea of flying.

Good points for this "toy" plane:
Can take off from ground.
Can glide land.
Rechargeable batterys for remote and plane.
Only 5 minute charge time.
Very cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/BNIB-RADIO-CONTRO...QQcmdZViewItem
That is the plane but I won't be purchasing that one for many reasons.
Comments please
rj1991 is offline Find More Posts by rj1991
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2005, 11:01 AM
Missouri
Joined Jul 2005
483 Posts
I have a plane very similar to that plane made by same manufacturer. Last summer when I had my first flight when ended with crash due to a bad RX. All I had was this starter plane. It was easy and very fun to fly. It has a peak charger built right into the TX so you can fly over and over again for a while.

You really don't need any experience to fly this plane and can take a beating. Only thing you have to watch out for is that you MUST fly in winds preferably 3mph or less and no more than 5mph or you will be hovering against the wind.
3d-flyer is offline Find More Posts by 3d-flyer
Old Dec 29, 2005, 12:06 PM
United States, NY, Queens
Joined Oct 2005
2,495 Posts
Check out the AirHogs AeroAce, available from Toys-R-Us for $30 (also available in Europe under a different name). There are plenty of threads here and on RCUniverse that will tell you haw much fun this plane is.

The plane is a 2-channel plane and is only 9". It comes ready to fly with everything you need except the transmitter batteries (6 AA). It has a lithium battery that charges directly from the transmitter. 15-20 minutes to charge for 10-15 minutes of flying time. Just about everyone from 6 year old kids to expert flyers who have been flying for decades loves to fly this "toy". No one expects it to take the place of a regular R/C plane, but you cann't beat it for getting the feel of flying for a very low price.

One of the best things is that you don't need a large flying field: a basketball court, gym, back yard, etc. will do fine, as long as there is virtually no wind.
Leo L is offline Find More Posts by Leo L