HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 27, 2003, 12:33 PM
Just an average RC'er
Laurel, Maryland USA
Joined Aug 2000
4,291 Posts
GWS Pizza vs. Easy Bug?

I've seen the great reviews of the GWS Pizza for 3D flying. Anybody seen both the pizza and the Easy Bug fly? How do they compare in aerobatic ability?

-Jim
Jim McPherson is offline Find More Posts by Jim McPherson
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2003, 02:19 PM
17 years on RCG!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 1996
3,111 Posts
After flying my Pizza at the field last weekend, right after I left and went to the shop I work for (where we sell the GWS birds) we sold 12 airplanes total that day - some Pizzas, some Bugs and some Fish.

Yesterday at the field there were 10 total flying! 6 Pizzas and 4 bugs. They seem to fly absolutely identical - no visible difference in handling and the one I flew showed no different than my Pizza.

I didnt see any fish fly, but should next weekend. Out of the bunch, Id think it would handle a tad different - better or worse though I dont quite know!

No matter which you choose you MUST get one! Its the best $35 Ive ever spent

Jason
Jason M is offline Find More Posts by Jason M
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 27, 2003, 03:59 PM
Just an average RC'er
Laurel, Maryland USA
Joined Aug 2000
4,291 Posts
Thanks to your thread Jason I just bought a Pizza. I originally picked up an Easy Bug but took it back so I could replicate your sucess with the Pizza. I'm putting a HiMaxx and TP2100's in it, should be loads of fun :-)

-Jim
Jim McPherson is offline Find More Posts by Jim McPherson
Old Oct 27, 2003, 08:45 PM
san francisco, ca
Joined Feb 2002
269 Posts
i bought a bug too. my wife laughed very hard when she saw it. she didn't believe me when i told her it is a RC plane. now she wants the gold fish. i wish GWS has a butterfly, this will make a very cute combat scene

cheers
katana1211 is offline Find More Posts by katana1211
Old Oct 27, 2003, 11:42 PM
Battery Powered==(*)==
Mesquite, Nevada
Joined Jan 2002
454 Posts
Well one comes with Pepperoni and mushrooms and the Easy Bug has no toppings. I have an Easy Bug great flyer. Takes off like a rocket and hovers on 3/4 throtle. I am using only 2 servos with aileron control am still able to control the hover without rudder. Real fun plane, very different. We had so many flying Pizza's in the air last weekend the only way you could tell them apart was from their toppings. I haD THE ONLY Easy Bug in the air. i would say they are very similar, same fusealage.
The only problem is when I fly it I can't from laughing that we are flying Lady Bug's and Pizza's. What will be flying next?? Isn't this a great hobby???
tomcor is online now Find More Posts by tomcor
Last edited by tomcor; Oct 27, 2003 at 11:44 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2003, 12:36 AM
Australia
Joined Nov 2002
748 Posts
I'm waiting for my Easy Bug to arrive. It WAS going to be dispatched last Thursday/Friday but left yesterday instead. I was hoping that the pizza and bug were very similar in flight. This is the last bug in Australian importer captivity apparently. The wife thinks the B2 is pretty cool (all over her dining table!) so the bug should be a lady pleaser

Ingmar
imeins is offline Find More Posts by imeins
Old Oct 28, 2003, 12:53 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LVRCFlyer
No matter which you choose you MUST get one! Its the best $35 Ive ever spent

Jason
Thanks your comments.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Oct 28, 2003, 12:56 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LVRCFlyer
....Yesterday at the field there were 10 total flying! 6 Pizzas and 4 bugs. They seem to fly absolutely identical - no visible difference in handling and the one I flew showed no different than my Pizza.... Jason
The Pizza topping in different flavor can tell which one is your Pizza.
Old Oct 28, 2003, 12:59 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by imeins
The wife thinks the B2 is pretty cool (all over her dining table!) so the bug should be a lady pleaser

Ingmar
See, you make every Ezoners envoy that you are such a lucky guy!

I bet your wife will love Gold Angel as well!

You should put GWS Pizza on dinning table, enjoy pizza flavor without gain the weight.
Old Oct 28, 2003, 12:04 PM
san francisco, ca
Joined Feb 2002
269 Posts
maidened the bug this morning. awesome flyer. after 13 minutes of turning and rolling the formosa, the bug is a real gentle flyer. it can fly soooo slow, crawling 2 feet in front me, punch the throttle forward, it will go st. up.

i have one question though. this is my first elevon plane. i do think that bug is a bit nose heavy even the CG is at the recommended 140mm. should i give it a natural up trim. i am also using etech 1200. the pack came up warm.

thanks
katana1211 is offline Find More Posts by katana1211
Old Oct 29, 2003, 05:56 AM
Australia
Joined Nov 2002
748 Posts
I built my bug after work today. I gave it a quick maiden in the street outside. My CG is probably a bit on the - side of 140mm. It went screaming down the road like a rocket before it shot into the air, I got such a surprise I flipped it around did a loop and landed back in front of myself! I think tomorrow I'll try it with the CG at about the 145mm mark. That should get it off the deck a bit faster I hope. With some luck there will be less wind too. Where are the rest of you running your cg ?

Ingmar
Old Oct 29, 2003, 06:29 AM
North Richland Hills, Texas USA
Joined Aug 2000
1,865 Posts
Been flying the bug now for a couple of weeks and also impressed by the way she flies. Rock solid flyer on 2/1200 lite pollies and a rocket sled on 3/1200 pack. Center-of-Gravity a little far forward with wheels on. Mine are off and I fly the batteries as far back as I can. Bought it for the grand baby at her request, but its one of my main front yard flyers on these quite evenings along with my old Slow Stick. Set out in yard last night flying Stick and Bugg, neighbors all have to come over and set and watch (meet a lot of good people that way). Its a hoot just to yank and bank. Worth the bucks. There is another link on the bugg if interested. Just ask ezone for the Easy Bugg. ed
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hlight=Easy+ug
Ed Couch is offline Find More Posts by Ed Couch
Last edited by Ed Couch; Oct 29, 2003 at 06:32 AM.
Old Oct 29, 2003, 09:25 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,400 Posts
Couldn't resist and got one yesterday

I picked up a Bug yesterday and assembled it last night. Flew it this morning in my front yard and it is indeed a very fun little plane. I looked at the PT-17 but surprised myself and brought home the Bug. I have one problem with my kit and I will contact Horizon for a replacement front wheel, one of mine was not completely molded and only has three spokes that are complete. Local Hobby shop was not really local and I bought the last one in stock. Fortunately it isn't on it's wheels very much. Mike
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2003, 12:28 PM
North Richland Hills, Texas USA
Joined Aug 2000
1,865 Posts
Don't waste time with landing gear, its drag and extra weight. The bird is a little nose heavy from the start without the gear, it just adds more weight with. I flew one flight then yanked it.

ed
Ed Couch is offline Find More Posts by Ed Couch
Old Oct 29, 2003, 03:10 PM
Australia
Joined Nov 2002
748 Posts
I agree Ed.. I just flew mine out the back and it's happier without the gear and with some coins in the rear ballast hole. I can't seem to get enough up/down deflection for my liking. I'm on the exteme hole on the servo arm and a new inner hole on the surfaces. There is miles of deflection when the mixer adds the ailerons to the tail. Maybe I'll just add a little more weight again to the tail ! This is the fastest of my models I think (WOT) I just landed into a barb wire fence and so copped some flack from my son (17yo) "gee Dad, you've only had it 16hrs and look at it".. Bit of glue and it will be good as new !

Ingmar