HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 13, 2011, 09:52 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redemon View Post
I want to get the 1/16th version of this truck.
Does it seem to be put together pretty well.
All I read are bad things about exceed rc stuff.
But for 100 RTR for the 1/16th thats hard to beat.
its not the same design it has one motor with shafts it does the torq twist bad must be tweeaked . i think duratrax makes a 1/16 moa crawler.
i own 4 exceed and have had zero problems with any of them heck on my drifters ran the tires down to the rim and the rim to the spoke and yet to break anything ( i have 2 of these cars ) exceede ftw imho .
rcphreak is offline Find More Posts by rcphreak
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2011, 08:09 PM
Joined Jun 2011
1 Posts
hey guys, so im new to the whole rc rock crawling scene and I just purchased the Mad Torque last week. I've been looking all over the internet for a different body for it. Something more like a chevy/ford/jeep. Does anyone know where I might find one that will fit the Mad Torque or can I modify another body to fit it? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
nkchevy87 is offline Find More Posts by nkchevy87
Old Jun 26, 2011, 09:55 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkchevy87 View Post
hey guys, so im new to the whole rc rock crawling scene and I just purchased the Mad Torque last week. I've been looking all over the internet for a different body for it. Something more like a chevy/ford/jeep. Does anyone know where I might find one that will fit the Mad Torque or can I modify another body to fit it? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

for scale i would look @ your local goodwill or thrift store for the new bright toys they have great scale bodies . you will need to be crafty as there are no !!! kits to put a scale body on . also a shafty would suit a scaler a bit better than the moa crawlers as your looking for realistic looks as well as crawling ability .
Old Oct 29, 2011, 08:51 PM
Joined Oct 2011
10 Posts
ok i have a blue mad torque so if it not a 1/8 and its a 1/10 do you know of any tires that would fit it other than the ones that come with it
slowrey007 is offline Find More Posts by slowrey007
Old Oct 29, 2011, 09:20 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
just have to change the rims . i belive its stock with 17mm hexes .
Old Oct 30, 2011, 12:08 AM
Joined Oct 2011
10 Posts
ok cool so pretty much any 1/10 scale tire would do just change the rims do you of any off hand that will fit the stock rims
Old Oct 30, 2011, 04:18 AM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
nnot sure didnt realy have a problem with the stock tires did you rip one ??
i found that they have decent grip but the truck like most needs weight in my axial crawler i used bb's in the rims for low cg weight it worked well as long as you didnt haul ass .
Old Oct 31, 2011, 09:29 AM
Joined Oct 2011
10 Posts
no tires are fine i'm just seeing if there are any different tires that would fit
Old Nov 24, 2011, 09:18 PM
Joined Oct 2011
10 Posts
hey rcphreak what would be a good esc and motors so i can go brushless
Old Nov 26, 2011, 04:38 PM
United States, AR, Jonesboro
Joined May 2011
394 Posts
I'm thinking of getting one of these myself as my xr10 was ran over today by my neighbor . Was looking at the ARTR ones though as they are the only ones in stock. They just need a Rx/Tx, which I have. Now my question is, would I be able to stick double ESC in this to control each axle separately? If so, it will be a winner for me

Also, looks like they have a nice set of spare parts on their site as well, which is nice. But does anyone know if their are any aftermarket parts besides the one on NitroRCX that will work with the Mad torque model as well?

P.S. This is the one I'm looking at: http://www.nitrorcx.com/03c09-madtor...ange-artr.html
firepong is offline Find More Posts by firepong
Old Nov 26, 2011, 09:48 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
i dont think so on the parts as people think its a copy of a red cat but infact redcat copied these . on the brushless part you will need two esc units ( with drag brake ) and two crawler motors google at this point is your best friend as ive not gone brushless havent needed to . and @ firepong sorry to hear about the xr10 that sucks .
Old Nov 27, 2011, 11:43 PM
Joined Oct 2011
10 Posts
up here in maine i would like to use it in the snow too thats why i asked
Old Nov 28, 2011, 01:47 AM
United States, AR, Jonesboro
Joined May 2011
394 Posts
Well, just looked at all of the pictures on NitroRCX.com of the truck, and I can see a few things I'll start fabbing custom ones right off the bat. One is going to be making aluminum rod versions of the couple plastic ones I seen on there. Only seen 2, so I should be good

Also, going to make some aluminum plates to replace the plastic looking plates (is there any plates that are plastic on it or are they just black painted aluminum plates?). I know this will add weight, but I won't be running any competitions with it, just to use with my local car club

Also, how are the hubs on here? Anyone know if they will work with my xr10 hubs? I had a spare that would have a different set of tires than the ones I would use to make it a 1min stop-and-swap on the wheels Would be great if I might be able to fab something to make them work.

Can someone get a picture of the hubs so I can see how both sides of them look as well as measuring the diameter of the mounting holes?

EDIT* Looking at the rims on NitroRCX, I am definitely going to try and make my spare wheels fit. Not even any way of adding weights to these wheels. I got pretty used to mine lol
firepong is offline Find More Posts by firepong
Old Nov 28, 2011, 08:04 AM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
17 mm hubs . and i used bb's on my axial crawler for weight . or just use stick on wheel weights inside the rim .
and you want weight remember its a crawler just keep the weight low in the chassis if you add .
Last edited by rcphreak; Nov 28, 2011 at 01:21 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 01:19 PM
Joined Oct 2011
10 Posts
all the weight im using is in my wheels