HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:05 AM
Joined Aug 2005
238 Posts
Guys all orders are sent, over a hundred now, but some may be finding a hold up in local customs.
It doesn't make sense to me that some have taken 4 days and some 2 weeks.... When I'm satisfied that any have gone AWOL I'll stand the loss and send out replacements.
dennyrowland@mac is offline Find More Posts by dennyrowland@mac
Last edited by dennyrowland@mac; Oct 10, 2012 at 01:15 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:31 AM
Joined Aug 2005
238 Posts
My own experiments have shown that the 14x4.7 APC's were the same duration as the S800 Carbon. The only slight loss was on the Graupners.which was offset by better stability than both. It is a tricky test to perform as any turbulence has quite an effect on the results. On the test rig the current drawn is pretty much the same for any given lift value. If duration is your goal then the more dia. you run the more efficient it will be, But at the expense of stability. If you want the best AP platform I would run a 14" prop.
Yesterdays big shoot was done in very windy conditions, The director said after seeing the footage that the last time he saw that level of raw footage it was from a AS350 Eurocopter fitted with a Cineflex.
Perfect stability and no vibration artifacts.
dennyrowland@mac is offline Find More Posts by dennyrowland@mac
Last edited by dennyrowland@mac; Oct 10, 2012 at 04:31 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:33 AM
Joined May 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennyrowland@mac View Post
Guys all orders are sent, over a hundred now, but some may be finding a hold up in local customs.
It doesn't make sense to me that some have taken 4 days and some 2 weeks.... When I'm satisfied that any have gone AWOL I'll stand the loss and send out replacements.
Thanks for the reply. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago so hopefully they will arrive soon. I'll keep checking the mail everyday and let you know if and when they do arrive!
Capo Creative is offline Find More Posts by Capo Creative
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:58 AM
Joined Aug 2011
190 Posts
This weekend I was flying my S800+ z15 a lot. Over open waters and white waters. Didn't have any problem, some white flashes on 5.14, but altitude hold was quite ok.
At some points when flying near me, I noticed huge vibrations on the Z15. Not in the picture, but the whole mount shook like crazy. So today I will wrap arms into CF and adapters are on the way.
I hope to get solid frame. =)

*edit - When flying manual, can WKM flip if stick pushed to much? Like acro mode?
miza is offline Find More Posts by miza
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:05 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,421 Posts
Quote:
When flying manual, can WKM flip if stick pushed to much? Like acro mode?
Yes, you can do flips in manual mode.

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:40 AM
France, Pyrénées Orientales
Joined Feb 2009
423 Posts
Hi, dennyrowland@mac

not receive yet !

Grece and France are close !

jdm66
jdm66 is offline Find More Posts by jdm66
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:52 AM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
I flew mine yesterday all day, totaling 2.5 hours. I flew in all modes in aprox. 18 to 20kts wind, In Attitude mode it would circle counter clockwise. I tried increasing and decreasing the gain but couldn't really tell a difference, probably because of the high winds.
In manual mode it flies really aggressive and smooth, I am getting really good with it and cant wait to get some smooth weather.

I have one ECU still running hotter than the rest, but I will replace it as soon as I get a chance.

I can see a direct relation with flying in the wind and vibrations in the arms, resonating from the motors/props down the arm and through the gear legs. You can clearly see in low wind conditions it flies very smooth, but as soon as the wind gusts the props start flexing and the gear will start to shake.

I am getting 17 mins out of a 30c 8000 and putting back 6000, hovering in high winds, no payload, and a few high speed blasts up stairs.

Top speed so far is impressive in Manual, and pretty hard to get a handle on it, not recommended to the faint at heart.

I would like to get a set of Denny's adapters and give the apc's a try.

Still did not get a Battery tray, thinking I got screwed on this Kit, but will learn my lesson and never buy from the dealer again.
I have a few videos and will try to get them uploaded today...
UAV.Pilot is offline Find More Posts by UAV.Pilot
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:30 AM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Deny's prop adapters arrived just now. Very nice quality. Will try to get to them later this afternoon but very busy.

I have 8 sets left.

Darcy,

You need a battery tray? Email me.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:15 PM
Joined Mar 2012
857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAV.Pilot View Post
I flew mine yesterday all day, totaling 2.5 hours. I flew in all modes in aprox. 18 to 20kts wind, In Attitude mode it would circle counter clockwise. I tried increasing and decreasing the gain but couldn't really tell a difference, probably because of the high winds.
In manual mode it flies really aggressive and smooth, I am getting really good with it and cant wait to get some smooth weather.
Do you mean it circles counter clockwise in GPS mode?
If so, you just have to turn the GPS module clockwise to around 1 or 2 o'clock...
c3d76 is online now Find More Posts by c3d76
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:17 PM
Joined Aug 2011
190 Posts
UAV.pilot, what is your total weight?
miza is offline Find More Posts by miza
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:23 PM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76 View Post
Do you mean it circles counter clockwise in GPS mode?
If so, you just have to turn the GPS module clockwise to around 1 or 2 o'clock...
Ok I'll give it a try next. Thanks

Miza

I have not weighed it as of yet, but the only thing I am flying with is 1x 8000mah 6s battery zip tied to the bottom center. No payload yet.

Im downloading the short vid I just made, it looks like it will be uploaded in about an hour, so you will see how quick it is..
Last edited by UAV.Pilot; Oct 10, 2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:07 PM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,421 Posts
@UAV.Pilot

There are some small brackets below the motors (only on one side), which turn the motors to the side (just 1 or 2°) one of these brackets might be on the wrong side. But as you report one motor is getting hotter than the rest, it is also possible that this motor is defective (and therefore coming to its end).

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:18 PM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
@UAV.Pilot

There are some small brackets below the motors (only on one side), which turn the motors to the side (just 1 or 2°) one of these brackets might be on the wrong side. But as you report one motor is getting hotter than the rest, it is also possible that this motor is defective (and therefore coming to its end).

best regards

Ferdinand
Good point Ferdinand, however I mistakenly said Motor, when I meant ECU, the ECU is whats Hotter than the rest, not the Motors.

The Shims under the Motors are in the correct places, I did check twice.

I will adjust the pcu/gps module and try again.

My video is almost uploaded...I have the second video ready to upload after this one is up...
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:46 PM
Joined May 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennyrowland@mac View Post
Received my prop adaptors today, thanks Denny! Can't wait to get this bird in the air!
Capo Creative is offline Find More Posts by Capo Creative
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:46 PM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
First flights Upstairs in Manual Mode...

S800 First flights upstairs in Manual Mode (2 min 17 sec)
Last edited by UAV.Pilot; Oct 10, 2012 at 01:57 PM.