HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:54 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,250 Posts
About to pull the trigger on new batteries for the miniCP, the stock 240s give a little short flight time. I hear about NanoTech 300 being used. Is that the battery originally intended for the Solo Pro 100? Since Hobby King states the 260 mAh version is for Ladybird/MiniCP. And will those 300 batteries fit the stock landing gear ok?
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 03:16 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
About to pull the trigger on new batteries for the miniCP, the stock 240s give a little short flight time. I hear about NanoTech 300 being used. Is that the battery originally intended for the Solo Pro 100? Since Hobby King states the 260 mAh version is for Ladybird/MiniCP. And will those 300 batteries fit the stock landing gear ok?
From what iv understood they need padding to fit the tray, their slightly thinner.
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Aug 07, 2012, 03:29 PM
Joined Mar 2007
48 Posts
Quote:
I would take a picture to show you how they fit, but mine haven't shown up yet! I ordered 10 of the 300mah ones on July 23 and they are still in transit. They shipped Swiss Post and the last tracking update was a departure from the border point of origin country back on July 27!!!

If you order some, be prepared to wait.
dway is offline Find More Posts by dway
Old Aug 07, 2012, 03:38 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dway View Post
I would take a picture to show you how they fit, but mine haven't shown up yet! I ordered 10 of the 300mah ones on July 23 and they are still in transit. They shipped Swiss Post and the last tracking update was a departure from the border point of origin country back on July 27!!!

Ah crap, i have my MCP, Devo 7E and HK batterys all coming in different packages through Swiss Post.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 03:47 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
From what iv understood they need padding to fit the tray, their slightly thinner.
The stock ones also need some padding, no problem if the 300 mAh version would need it as well.

Quote:

Actually they have (new) stock of the NanoTech 300 mAh Solo Pro 100 battery. So waiting will not be much of a problem. If someone can confirm that this is the 300 mAh battery that will give substantially longer flights that Dreamsz123 reported he got.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 04:00 PM
Joined Mar 2007
48 Posts
Quote:

Actually they have (new) stock of the NanoTech 300 mAh Solo Pro 100 battery. So waiting will not be much of a problem. If someone can confirm that this is the 300 mAh battery that will give substantially longer flights that Dreamsz123 reported he got.
It's not that they were out of stock, it's the shipping that takes forever. The email that I got with the tracking number said that it could take up to 45 days for the package to arrive. I did a little google searching and it seems that people ordering lipos from HobbyKing have run into the same problem. There are shipping restrictions on lipos and Swiss Post is one of the only options if you order over a certain amount. Others have reported shipping times of a month or more.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 05:52 PM
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Jun 2012
57 Posts
I use a mixture.i have 300 mah solopro bats that give me a good amount of flying, after swapping wires over in the connector ofc. Normal flying ive got 8 mins + and with hard 3d maybe 4-5. With my 260mah nano for mini cp I get about a minuet less. Im using a brushless co5. Tbh any bat is ok. The 35c do give more pop and power
dreamz123 is offline Find More Posts by dreamz123
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:50 PM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,190 Posts
Can vouch for those batts as well. Slim fit in the battery tray, gotta push the hard plastic cover in to make them stay, but its worth it, I get around 4 minutes on stock motor normal flying, compared to around 2:30 on stock battery and around 3 minutes on 350mah 20c. All to 3.8 volts or so, I don't drain them dry.

Shipping was slow, ordered 6 on 18 july and got them on 31, Swiss Post too (stuff sent with HK post comes over in around 6 days for comparison).

Now I'm waiting on my c05m (in customs) and BlHeli flashed xp7a (still moving on the map).

Then I'll have to do something about my tail being brushed, cause now I got the itch. Pfffff, woking on these is almost as fun as flying them.
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
Last edited by sbstnp; Aug 07, 2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:29 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamz123 View Post
I use a mixture.i have 300 mah solopro bats that give me a good amount of flying, after swapping wires over in the connector ofc. Normal flying ive got 8 mins + and with hard 3d maybe 4-5. With my 260mah nano for mini cp I get about a minuet less. Im using a brushless co5. Tbh any bat is ok. The 35c do give more pop and power
Ordered a couple of these then. The connector is just reverse polarity from the MiniCP one, right? Odd choice of Walkera. Most brands using this connector have the wires like on the SP100 and Losi Micro cars.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:04 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,999 Posts
hrm, the stock mini cp charger seems to charge all my battery's to 4.22 - 4.24V

Ps my Turnigy 300 mAh battery's from hk took 11 days to arrive, exactly the same time it took for my mcp to arrive from oomodel.

Waiting for my TX from banggood now, will likely arrive on monday, a weekend of just looking at my mini cp is going to suck. Dosnt even look like i can level the swashplate / fix the pitch of the blades as all servos seem to be off untill after the mcp has bound to a tx.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:11 PM
Joined Jun 2005
155 Posts
Quote:
It's not that they were out of stock, it's the shipping that takes forever. The email that I got with the tracking number said that it could take up to 45 days for the package to arrive. I did a little google searching and it seems that people ordering lipos from HobbyKing have run into the same problem. There are shipping restrictions on lipos and Swiss Post is one of the only options if you order over a certain amount. Others have reported shipping times of a month or more.
I just got my order of LiPo's from HK.

Took 4 weeks to get to PA, USA.
indiggio is offline Find More Posts by indiggio
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined Mar 2007
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiggio View Post
I just got my order of LiPo's from HK.

Took 4 weeks to get to PA, USA.
Mine were finally processed through Zurich a couple days ago, so I am thinking they will be here next week.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 03:29 PM
Joined May 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Ordered a couple of these then. The connector is just reverse polarity from the MiniCP one, right? Odd choice of Walkera. Most brands using this connector have the wires like on the SP100 and Losi Micro cars.
Their servos are backwards too. I guess they just don't want us to use aftermarket parts.
Skovoroda is offline Find More Posts by Skovoroda
Old Aug 10, 2012, 03:51 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skovoroda View Post
Their servos are backwards too. I guess they just don't want us to use aftermarket parts.
That or their doing all assembly by looking into mirrors, and havent noticed their mistakes yet .
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:19 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,999 Posts
Ill likely be doing the server saver on my MiniCP today (tx arriving tomorrow), and i'm wondering if it needs to be done to all servos? i can access 2 of them without removing anything else, but the pitch servo will require that i remove the rx board.

Also, i don't have any washers lying around that fits so ill use shrink tubing, just not sure how well it will hold the arm together.
The area it can tighten is very small, (Genius servo arms looks like they have a mutch larger area to put a washer/shrink tube on).

Ill also be fixing the rx coil & Battery/rx antenna wires with some hot glue. As they look somewhat exposed.
Last edited by Xermalk; Aug 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM.