Wid
Live Your Dreams
United States, CA, Redwood Valley
Joined May 2001
609 Posts
dominance dance HD720p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Sounds like some interesting video if you can capture it. Please post links here if you get some good encounters.
This one had great promise but the lift drifted too far downwind and I had to leave before the serious dancing began. But you can see the one leading me do a dominance circle as it becomes apparent I am leaving, about 1minute 20 sec into the video. I had 2 on-board cams but the the flying patterns could not be seen in them. Thanks again for these great threads and what they contribute to the progress of the #11 and #16 etc.

Allegro lite soars with vulture (2 min 21 sec)
Wid is offline Find More Posts by Wid
Last edited by Wid; Jun 09, 2012 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Oops. Aimed for #16 thread.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2012, 07:09 AM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wid View Post
This one had great promise but the lift drifted too far downwind and I had to leave before the serious dancing began. But you can see the one leading me do a dominance circle as it becomes apparent I am leaving, about 1minute 20 sec into the video. I had 2 on-board cams but the the flying patterns could not be seen in them. Thanks again for these great threads and what they contribute to the progress of the #11 and #16 etc.
Nice one, thanks, brought back old memories of an adult seagull that tucked itself under the leading edge of my Olympia, stared me in the face before sliding out and disappearing up, with a look of disdain on its face.
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Jun 11, 2012, 03:15 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,448 Posts
Hi all, my trusty #11 cam is turning off after about 3 min in the air, it starts back up again next flight and again about 3 min in it shuts down, did 3 flights like this yesterday and lost all the action i thought i was filming. Is it just the battery getting old? it never seems to take long to charge and as said lights up and works for about 3 min for a few flights?

ordering a new #16 this week and if it is the battery i'll buy a new one while i'm ordering

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jun 11, 2012, 12:21 PM
Gravity - It's the law
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2008
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
Hi all, my trusty #11 cam is turning off after about 3 min in the air, it starts back up again next flight and again about 3 min in it shuts down, did 3 flights like this yesterday and lost all the action i thought i was filming. Is it just the battery getting old? it never seems to take long to charge and as said lights up and works for about 3 min for a few flights?

ordering a new #16 this week and if it is the battery i'll buy a new one while i'm ordering

cheers chuck
Yep, toss in a new battery. I (and many others) have had this problem and it is simply that the battery can no longer hold it's charge. I have two of the very first #11's and both batteries crapped within a couple of weeks of weeks of each other. Bought 2 new batteries, cut the old leads and spliced on the new batteries and problem was solved.

Yabba
Yabba is offline Find More Posts by Yabba
Old Jun 11, 2012, 12:33 PM
United States, NJ, Roseland
Joined Apr 2009
2,214 Posts
What's the charging power via USB or wall plug? Want to get a cigarette liter USB jack if I can. Been using my 5 watt iPod ac to dc converter to charge it as the straight USB port is too slow.......
hidaven is offline Find More Posts by hidaven
Old Jun 11, 2012, 01:05 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaven View Post
What's the charging power via USB or wall plug? Want to get a cigarette liter USB jack if I can. Been using my 5 watt iPod ac to dc converter to charge it as the straight USB port is too slow.......
The minimum spec for USB is 500ma. Your ipod charger puts out 5w at 5v, or 1000ma. Should be ok and get max charge in 30min or less.

Here's one from Saturday, still going fine

e-Starter @ TT (2 min 43 sec)

Speaking of ipod

I was in Starbucks recently when I suddenly realized I desperately needed to fart. The music was really loud so I timed my fart with the beat of the music. After a couple of songs I started to feel better. I finished my coffee and noticed that everyone was staring at me… And suddenly I remembered - I was listening to my iPod …and how was your day?
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Last edited by victapilot; Jun 11, 2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 04:11 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,448 Posts
thanks guys ordering a #16 and a new battery for the #11

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jun 12, 2012, 01:55 AM
Joined Apr 2012
7 Posts
Hi, I ordered a #11 yesterday. I've tried to figure out how long does it take to charge it with the charging cable provided? Is there a way to speed up the charging process by purchasing a more powerful charger?
EsKeel is offline Find More Posts by EsKeel
Old Jun 12, 2012, 07:43 AM
Just thumbing through...
Joined Feb 2009
4,451 Posts
No, a more powerful (more ma capacity) will not be faster. See post #3.

I charge mine in my car with the cigarette plug charger, 15-30min.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 01:44 PM
United States, NJ, Roseland
Joined Apr 2009
2,214 Posts
Victa, where did you get that cigarette plug charger????
-Dave
hidaven is offline Find More Posts by hidaven
Old Jun 12, 2012, 06:09 PM
Joined Apr 2012
64 Posts
Video player on Android

Hi everyone,

do you know a good player on android that supports the tapes from the keychain (I'm using #11, #16 and #18)?

ginetto is offline Find More Posts by ginetto
Old Jun 12, 2012, 07:05 PM
Just thumbing through...
Joined Feb 2009
4,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaven View Post
Victa, where did you get that cigarette plug charger????
-Dave
It came with the camera. I have used a car phone charger and gps charger also.

@ginetto, MX player works on my phone.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 07:09 AM
Joined Jun 2012
4 Posts
Hey guys,

I've got a small problem and after weeks of trying to eliminate it I'm still facing the same problem.

I've got a Keycam 808 #11 some month ago, the USB Car charger was included.

At the moment I use the "recover time 70"-firmware I got here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3531

However, the S/S/C feature doesn't work.

That's how I use the camera:
I put it in my car and start recording. When the recording started, I put in the mini-USB-cable with the car charger, both came with the camera.
After exactly 70 minutes (the charger is still enabled) the record stops. I have to disengage the charger to make a new recording start.

In the past I tried also the 20min SSC and the 50min SSC firmware, both had the same problems.

I also tried to use another SD-Card, didn't work either.

What shall I do? Is the USB-cable corrupt? Or the camera itself? How to fix?

I use it as car cam so it's very uncomfortable to check every now and then if the camera works...

Thanks in advance for your help,

Luzertof
Luzertof is offline Find More Posts by Luzertof
Old Jun 14, 2012, 04:43 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1 Posts
Hi, guys

I receive my 808 keycam yesterday, and i have a big problem.

I was test they mode of my cam, and block it.

Now i can't connect my cam with usb, (the light is red) i can't access of the card. The cam can't turn on.

sorry for my english
jarno44 is offline Find More Posts by jarno44
Old Jun 17, 2012, 01:45 PM
United States, MI, Macomb
Joined Nov 2003
246 Posts
OK guys I never had a key-chain camera, I would like to get one. What's the latest and greatest with a good video. And a link to your favorite seller If you don't mind. Thanks for your time, Jay
pecor is offline Find More Posts by pecor
Closed Thread