HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2014, 10:39 AM
Joined Apr 2013
317 Posts
Discussion
E-flite Nieuport 17 250 slow flyer

I may have this post in the wrong place. But the weight of this plane is 8 to 8.5 OZ. So I'm thinking it's a UM model. If I'm in the wrong place here someone can let me know and I'll move it.

Anyway I got a Nieuport 17 250 a few days ago. Horizon Hobby had them on sale for $80.00. It's real pretty and the one flying in HH web site flies super nice for a three (3) channel plane.

Putting it together was real easy until I joined the top and bottom wing. At that time I got a pretty bad warp in the top wing. I went ahead and finished the assembly up to the point where you put in the threads to make the dihedral. I have to fix the warp before I do that. I found what caused the warp. Seems if you use the factory supplied holes in the bottom wing to hold the wing to the fuselage and the factory slot for the landing gear in the bottom wing when you go to glue the wings together in the factory supplied wing slots for the cabane's things don't match up?

After removing the cabane's from the bottom wing it became real apparent what was wrong? I took a bunch of pictures to show the misalignment and I'm going to call Horizon Hobby Monday and ask if anyone else has had this problem. I do intend to complete the assembly with what I have but I'm thinking that the bottom wing is got problems from the get go?

I'd like to hear form any of you folks that have this plane to see if it's me or the bottom wing. I really like this plane allot
pjdog350 is offline Find More Posts by pjdog350
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 4 new AR6100E from Target Hobby
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2014, 04:01 PM
Joined Apr 2013
317 Posts
Horizon Hobby is sending me new wings. I knew they would. HH is a great store!

I put a can of Bush Beans under each wing to get the dihedral. The planes call for 5 3/4 inches under each bottom wing tip. Thats what the can of beans measure?

Jack
pjdog350 is offline Find More Posts by pjdog350
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 4 new AR6100E from Target Hobby