HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:39 AM
Unregistered User
White Rock BC/Blaine WA
Joined Apr 2007
596 Posts
Wow that's pretty bad... I mean it's obvious there is literally no QC if they can ship out a board like that. I'm starting to think it's definitely worth the money to by the real Flytron board rather than these knock offs. I have a set of the originals and they are absolutely excellent quality boards. Too bad since the price on these is very tempting.

Also, LiPoSly if you don't want that extra RFM22B board I'd be happy to pay for shipping if you'd be willing to send it to me. I've started designing my own OpenLRS board that I'll be needing an RFM22B for.
liam2317 is offline Find More Posts by liam2317
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:58 AM
Joined Aug 2007
112 Posts
Sorry, I don't have an extra, think it was iceman... Although quality is poor, all occurred problems is quite an easy fix. And once fixed, the units are worth the price so to speak, but I would not recommend this product to anyone not comfortable with soldering.
LiPoSly is offline Find More Posts by LiPoSly
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:34 AM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liam2317 View Post
Also, LiPoSly if you don't want that extra RFM22B board I'd be happy to pay for shipping if you'd be willing to send it to me. I've started designing my own OpenLRS board that I'll be needing an RFM22B for.

Yep that was me. but I have some use for those as well. As I also build my boards.
Btw, specially for the RX you may want to get the S2 version, with the lower profile crystal. Not sure why HK didn't used those as they are the same price and it would prevent the RX to have that "bump" in the lower side.
IceWind is offline Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:36 PM
Plane and multirotor's - FPV
Moss, Norway
Joined Jun 2007
854 Posts
Subscribe :-)
DrEvil is offline Find More Posts by DrEvil
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:17 PM
Joined May 2011
340 Posts
Can't you just subscribe in a Thread Tools?
Why people are posting this rubbish?

By the way, is there anyone really flying this system? Doesn't look like that so far....
RocketMouse is offline Find More Posts by RocketMouse
Last edited by RocketMouse; Jan 29, 2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:20 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMouse View Post
Can't you just subscribe in a Thread Tools?
Why people are posting this rubbish?

By the way, is there anyone really flying this system? Doesn't look like that so far....
I'll be testing mine soon. I have trouble setting this system with dragonOSD since can't find PPM from any of the pins
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:28 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
ultracheap? that about says it all doesent it?
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:16 PM
Unregistered User
White Rock BC/Blaine WA
Joined Apr 2007
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
Yep that was me. but I have some use for those as well. As I also build my boards.
Btw, specially for the RX you may want to get the S2 version, with the lower profile crystal. Not sure why HK didn't used those as they are the same price and it would prevent the RX to have that "bump" in the lower side.
Opps, just copied the first user name I saw next to the image. Well I'm glad it will get used anyway. Thanks for the tip too.
liam2317 is offline Find More Posts by liam2317
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:39 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined May 2012
12 Posts
Well I think its time to take a break from HK...

After contacting support over this LRS they made me send a video showing how the system gets 200m range to which I received no comment on. They then asked me to send it in, but for the cost to ship back at a mere chance for a new system possibly with its own issues I think I'll pass.

I checked all the soldering and it looks fine...
lukelifts is offline Find More Posts by lukelifts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:24 PM
kha
openLRSng haxor
Finland, Espoo
Joined Mar 2011
1,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koo29 View Post
I'll be testing mine soon. I have trouble setting this system with dragonOSD since can't find PPM from any of the pins
The original code will start outputting ppm when channels 1 and 3 are connected with e.g. 'bind plug'. The outputted ppm signal is somewhat non standard on it since the low pulse is just few us. Ppm is output on ch4 or ch8 depending compile options. (Info gathered from openlrs googlecode wiki and source).

My openlrsng goes to ppm mode by connecting ch1 and ch2 by a normal jumpper block. It also outputs quite standard ppm with 300us pulses. This is also mentioned on readme and it states where to find the signal (ch4 unless I renember wrong)
kha is online now Find More Posts by kha
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:50 PM
Joined Jul 2012
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukelifts View Post
Well I think its time to take a break from HK...

After contacting support over this LRS they made me send a video showing how the system gets 200m range to which I received no comment on. They then asked me to send it in, but for the cost to ship back at a mere chance for a new system possibly with its own issues I think I'll pass.

I checked all the soldering and it looks fine...
I got store credit for my module, which died when I plugged my AVR programmer in. My experience with HK CS has been very positive of late, though the issues I've had have been a bit easier to illustrate than yours!
lobstermash is offline Find More Posts by lobstermash
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:37 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined May 2012
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobstermash View Post
I got store credit for my module, which died when I plugged my AVR programmer in. My experience with HK CS has been very positive of late, though the issues I've had have been a bit easier to illustrate than yours!
Did you have to send your module back?
lukelifts is offline Find More Posts by lukelifts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:41 AM
Joined Jul 2012
109 Posts
Nope.
lobstermash is offline Find More Posts by lobstermash
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:01 AM
Joined Jul 2011
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kha View Post
The original code will start outputting ppm when channels 1 and 3 are connected with e.g. 'bind plug'. The outputted ppm signal is somewhat non standard on it since the low pulse is just few us. Ppm is output on ch4 or ch8 depending compile options. (Info gathered from openlrs googlecode wiki and source).

My openlrsng goes to ppm mode by connecting ch1 and ch2 by a normal jumpper block. It also outputs quite standard ppm with 300us pulses. This is also mentioned on readme and it states where to find the signal (ch4 unless I renember wrong)
Hi Kha
I want to conect Orange OpenLRS rx (will be flashed as Tx) to my Aurora 9 using your code. Can you please tell me if there are any specific requirements for the PPM signal input from the transmitter for making this conection possible? Do you know if the Aurora 9 meets those requirements? Or may any change or modification needed?
Thanks!
Friman is offline Find More Posts by Friman
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:06 AM
kha
openLRSng haxor
Finland, Espoo
Joined Mar 2011
1,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friman View Post
Hi Kha
I want to conect Orange OpenLRS rx (will be flashed as Tx) to my Aurora 9 using your code. Can you please tell me if there are any specific requirements for the PPM signal input from the transmitter for making this conection possible? Do you know if the Aurora 9 meets those requirements? Or may any change or modification needed?
Thanks!
I am pretty sure the ppm frpm aurora works directly. The readme file on the code contains info on how to wire it up. I will make a nice picure when I have time.
kha is online now Find More Posts by kha
RCG Plus Member