HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 06, 2014, 04:21 AM
Best Pilots Use Simulators!
Chichester Sussex
Joined Aug 2007
2,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkj View Post
Download gopro studio. It's basic gopro editing software. It takes fisheye out along with the capability to do many other things. If you just want to take out the fisheye , it's about 4 steps and done.
I have used it and it makes pictures look absolutely awful and stretches the sides to compensate, one picture a van at the side changes from being longer than it is wider to something wider than it is longer, looks literally like something out of a carton.
Witterings is online now Find More Posts by Witterings
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2014, 05:26 AM
Australia, VIC, Hallam
Joined Dec 2013
678 Posts
MJOC - Omaru Jeep Adventure Park from above! (4 min 12 sec)
GoProAirRecon is online now Find More Posts by GoProAirRecon
Old Apr 08, 2014, 08:59 PM
wkj
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Apr 2013
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witterings View Post
I have used it and it makes pictures look absolutely awful and stretches the sides to compensate, one picture a van at the side changes from being longer than it is wider to something wider than it is longer, looks literally like something out of a carton.
I've never seen anything that bad. I guess you could try clipping the image on the edges, using the medium setting on the gopro picture width, or the protune setting (never tried this, but heard it eventually gives better pics/videos but after a lot of work). If this is not good enough, you are probably a professional photographer.. in which case, you would most likely not use a gopro for your business anyway.
wkj is offline Find More Posts by wkj
Old Apr 17, 2014, 08:56 PM
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The Netherlands, NH, Amsterdam
Joined Jun 2013
538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invid View Post
Iat late afternoon sunlight.

The ground completely disappeared into undifferentiated blackness. It actually scared me since I knew I was close, but couldn't see anything in the shadow I was standing in. I aborted the landing and turned to land the quad elsewhere. Reviewing the footage later, I could see significantly better, but the live out wasn't great normally, and in that kind of light it's downright terrible. Placed an order for a flight cam that night.
Hi guys,

Reading this item i do experience exactely the same problem with my GoproH3 black. Flying during a late sunny afternoon i can't see anything in shadows using life feed out to my Fatshark google. (all in shadow is basically black). I need to tilt down in order to see a bit better. The footage seems ok however afterwards.

Does it make any difference to shoot fi 1080 /50 or 2,7k/25 fps for the life feed out?

I know, i can adjust in protune, but than the footage will be affected too. And as i do have a replacement Gopro i cant remember the previous GoproH3B did performed that bad.

Any advise is welcome before i add a fatshark CCD cam just for life feed out or return as i still have warrantee.

W
Wouterjansen60 is offline Find More Posts by Wouterjansen60
Last edited by Wouterjansen60; Apr 17, 2014 at 09:02 PM.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 09:14 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
27,704 Posts
It's a lot easier to fly through the Hero3 in high contrast lighting with Protune on. Yes you
have to apply some contrast in post processing.
You could also just try increasing your brightness and decreasing the contrast
on your FS goggles. It's rare that the H3B will output pure black for shadows, but
the goggles may add contrast to make it so.
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 20, 2014, 10:18 PM
Joined Jun 2013
538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
It's a lot easier to fly through the Hero3 in high contrast lighting with Protune on. Yes you
on your FS goggles. It's rare that the H3B will output pure black for shadows, but
Thanks Daemin, i will check my goggles for contrast correction and i may use an other GoproH3B in order to see performance difference. Its now really difficcult to fly lifefeed looking straight forward few, nearly inpossible.
Old Yesterday, 02:15 PM
Joined Jun 2013
538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
I feel so imbarrased.. Indeed the contrast of my Attitude goggle was in the wrong setting. I never realized i could adjust...and probably i miss adjust the settings packing in a suitcase.

Thanks Deamon, sometimes solutions are so obvious that you dont see them i can see clearly now via Gopro life feed.
Last edited by Wouterjansen60; Yesterday at 05:12 PM.
Old Yesterday, 05:02 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
27,704 Posts
Glad you got it sorted out. The brightness/contrast controls
should only be active while the goggles are powered, so shouldn't
have issues with accidental changing while packing them up.
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member