HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:53 AM
United States, SD, Sioux Falls
Joined Aug 2012
68 Posts
Help!
EFlite Power 52 prop adapter too short!

I am converting my Hangar 9 P-51 to electric, and I really would like to use the red spinner for the scale look. Only one problem, the prop adapter that came with the Power 52 is too short if I use the spinner.

Are there other common adapters used out there that I am unaware of? I've searched quite a bit, but it doesn't seem that there is any one brand that stands out.

Also, bolt on vs collet style adapters....which is better for a 40 size setup with about 1000 watts?

Thanks in advance!
drakison is offline Find More Posts by drakison
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:10 AM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2010
1,514 Posts
Not sure what you mean by too short. Pic would help. As for the collet vs bolt on. I have been using a collet on a Eflte 60 for some time now with no problems but think the bolt on is a better way to go. The only problem with a collet is getting the right torque and not mess up the threads. I have 2 other planes with the 60 and use bolt on adaptors. Much easier to change out a prop.

Harry
Harry H is offline Find More Posts by Harry H
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:55 PM
Joined Aug 2012
68 Posts
Well as far as too short, When I place the backplate of the spinner on the collet, then the apc prop, there are not enough threads left for the adapter threaded cone. I need about another 3/8' to get enough threads. I did find this though just this afternoon....and I think it will work.

http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-97...ng-Prop/Detail

What's the watts on your model running that power 60 and what prop are you swinging?
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:04 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2010
1,514 Posts
I would have to look it up to make sure but I think it is pulling 1850W with a 16x10 APC. I think I understand your problem. I am using an Eflite spinner that uses the collet.

Harry
Harry H is offline Find More Posts by Harry H
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:08 PM
Joined Aug 2012
68 Posts
Ahh, a collet on mine should be fine then....as I am going to be pulling about 1200 watts with a 12X8 prop on a 6-7 lb 40 sized model.

Thanks for your help!