HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 21, 2014, 01:15 AM
Joined Dec 2011
2,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Lord View Post
Hi All

AS

Like the idea of those Fusuno blades, especially since the do them in yellow to match my u/c.
However, I can only find 85mm or 95mm. My current ones are 90mm.
The Fusuno ones seem to be broader bladed, so I'm thinking 85 should be good.
Give me a bit more ground clearance as well.
Your thoughts?
Some time ago, in the battle with this tail I switched the hub and holders for the early Align 600 ones, which use plastic grips.
With these, the problem is not sloppy fit of the blades, but rather the other way, too tight.
Easily cured, but I don't think that's the problem.
Anyway, I have adjusted the tail in Rate mode so it does not drift, so going to see if that affects HH mode as well.
Also, I have noticed some marks where the tail control rod goes through the guide. I did enlarge the hole in the guide, so I don't think it's binding, but there could be some strange metal/metal effect at work.
Anyway, if no luck, my next step will be to put together a carbon tail rod, hopefully stiff enough to do away with supports altogether.
What's puzzling me is I have a 500GT. Same gyro, same servo, same wire control rod, same plastic blade grips, and not had a moments trouble since I built it.
Go figure!

BL
Yes the Fusuno blades only come in 85mm and 95mm. I've bee using the 85mm with no problems. If you have a flybar head or a V1 FBL head you can use the 95mm blades with 550mm main blades but the V2 FBL and DFC heads require you to use a 600 lenght boom. Also the KDE FBL hub and the OMG Revolution hubs are the same height as the V1 (8mm taller than the V2) When the V3/DFC kit came out Align started supplying a 600 lenght boom stock.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2014, 10:38 AM
South London United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2003
962 Posts
Hi AS

Yes, that's a neat system. I have the same on an old 3DX-500 I have.
I went with the boom mount so I could take the boom off more easily. Only the servo to unplug, and the whole lot comes out as one piece.
However, for anyone who still like the frame mount, but wants the servo more accessible, I came across this while playing with my Raptor.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raptor-30-...item4d0385a4fc

Couple of bolts to hold it to the frame, and bingo.

Cheers

BL
Border Lord is online now Find More Posts by Border Lord
Old Yesterday, 02:10 PM
South London United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2003
962 Posts
Hi Guys

Still waiting on bits for my refit, but thought I might share these with you.
I have a set of Fusuno 85mm extra stiff tail blades still to arrive.
In the meantime, I ordered a couple of sets of 520mm main blades from here

http://www.myrcmart.com/rcx-3k-carbo...te-p-5366.html

While on, I chucked a pair of these in as well

http://www.myrcmart.com/rcx-3k-carbo...ck-p-6979.html

They arrived with the blades and look to be pretty good.

I know it's nothing to go by, but surface finish is flawless. They are the same size and shape as the plastic ones supplied with the kit, but so stiff you could knock nails in with them.
Proof of the pudding is in the flying (ever seen a flying pudding?) but looks like I might be spoiled for choice when I finally get back in the air.

Cheers

BL
Border Lord is online now Find More Posts by Border Lord