HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2013, 03:50 PM
Belgium, Walloon Region, Mons
Joined Jan 2012
348 Posts
the black rope and ring is used to lock the chute on the pedal
this chute is made to keep the tension once the elastic is tightened
this one will not brake or else
if you don't have such a chute or not sure the chute you got is strong enough , just place it belong this rope next to this hook( in serie i would say)
the black rod is also here to keep the rope away from the plane

nice carpet by the way too
gianni sanchez is offline Find More Posts by gianni sanchez
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:13 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,654 Posts
You talking the deer quilt. Moma got me that for Christmas one year, I hunt them With a bow or my 44mag pistol give's it more of a challenge then with a rifle. Ok I thought it might be some sort of tube. It will be a while before I get to build it. But if I need help I know where to find you. Are you using regular bungee cord I have some 1/2 inch surgical tube for a bungee launcher. Is the pull the same as with a bungee ramp 5 pounds pull per 1 pound of plane when using the dolly.
unclecrash is offline Find More Posts by unclecrash
Old Oct 31, 2013, 03:14 AM
Belgium, Walloon Region, Mons
Joined Jan 2012
348 Posts
good question
i've tested several lenght and pulls to get the right one
i have around 10meters (around 33 feet )of elastic cord and i pull up to 35meters (around 100feet) for big models (more than 3.5kg)i pull the more i can for bigger models like 7or 8kg around 40meters
for the small ones i just pull 20meters -25meters to avoid ground effect or just to keep the model in one pieces when pedal is released
i think i have some pictures of some launch somewhere
i think it will help to understand how it works and how parts are used for
keep u in touch
gianni sanchez is offline Find More Posts by gianni sanchez