HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 23, 2012, 05:00 AM
Joined Apr 2011
48 Posts
Motors, batteries etc is irrelevant.

I'd say the single thing that matters most is the hover throttle. It can not be above 50% because then the remaining motor on that arm would need more than 100% thrust in case of a motor out.

What is your hover throttle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas4275 View Post
i have flown my Y-6 (hoverfly) with 5 props and it flys well with any 5. I know that is different than a failure mid flight but I have not yet tried that.

I will. I am building 2 new Y-6s with RC Carbon Frames and I will sacrifice my Rusty's Frame with a midflight failure

now should i have a loose nut on a prop adapter or a RC switch on a ESC?

as to the posts above mine....

I find the coaxial design much more stable in the wind than a flat hex... and my folding RC Carbon frames are so small and easy to travel with compared to a flat hex....

but i did find that my Y-6 loaded with my gopro and a 4s5000mah battery had a flight time of 15mins (Turnigy 2830s 770kv) and had power to fly with only one motor.

I am using some sunnysky 2814 motors for my next build. They seem very, very similar to Avrotos...... I post about them when i get a chance to fly them. They feel really smooth.
Multicopter is offline Find More Posts by Multicopter
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2012, 06:42 AM
Italia, Piemonte, Biella
Joined Feb 2011
394 Posts
more than a problem of weight, its a problem of power/weight.. if you can hover at 50% or less, then a motor out shouldn't give too much trouble on a Y6.
I suffered a mid flight prop come loose, and i was unlucky because it happened on the worse possible motor for me, bottom front left .. why worse ? well first because i was still a bit nose heavy, i hadn't got COG correct yet, then i discovered a problem with the board, that for some reason is giving less rpm to the front left upper motor ; if i connect same motor-esc to another output of board it is ok, but not on the one it is supposed to be..
so when i had the failure in flight, remaining motor didn't have enough power to keep the arm level, or had just about enough. The copter lost altitude but was almost level, problem is YAW, it was terrible.. i simply ditched it in the snow before i would loose control even more, a better pilot could have done better.
The day after i tried taking off with a rear motor disconnected, same weight, had no problem at all, very sloppy yaw, but managed to land ok.
this is the onboard of the failure, at around 01:00 if i remember..

AQ50D Pro 1.4 2G , Y6 copter , GF1 pitch gimbal.. bad landing... (1 min 55 sec)
thepelell is offline Find More Posts by thepelell
Old Feb 23, 2012, 06:54 AM
Rochester NY
Joined Sep 2008
6,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prasant View Post
hey dear i'm using same prop.mean i'm using two pusher prop & two pusher prop as puller prop in reverse mode or mounting it to other side will it lift up or not??????/
No you cant just flip a pusher prop over and use it as Pull prop or flip a pull and use for a pusher. Sounds like thats what you are asking but not positive.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:21 AM
Joined Feb 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
No you cant just flip a pusher prop over and use it as Pull prop or flip a pull and use for a pusher. Sounds like thats what you are asking but not positive.
thankz brother...........
Prasant is offline Find More Posts by Prasant