HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:10 PM
Joined Feb 2008
76 Posts
Hey I am running older software than both of you guys, did you go all the way back to the 1.2 and 1.0.7?

Mine was a private sale on ebay. I had it before walkera had even officially released it so had mine been faulty I would have been screwed.

I have had good luck with:

rchelicopterselect.com
Ehirobo.com
wowhobbies.com
Heli8ight is offline Find More Posts by Heli8ight
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:31 PM
USA, SC, Easley
Joined Sep 2009
481 Posts
Thanks. I am going to return this one because now I will always be thinking about all the lock outs I got and if I am going to get one on this flight. With the new one I am going to order I will leave the software alone for awhile until I know the factory software has no issues.
yellowbird2800 is offline Find More Posts by yellowbird2800
Old Mar 27, 2012, 07:44 PM
USA, SC, Easley
Joined Sep 2009
481 Posts
I shipped the radio back to China at a cost of 71.00, ouch!! Cost of buying out of China.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 07:59 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianos007 View Post
Here are my findings after bench testing.

In failsafe mode signal los after 3min

Without failsafe mode signal los after 30min.

Its a shame i loved the TX.and sending back is no option i broke the seal to put a telemetry module in it.

Maybe i put the origenal module back and see what happens.

I tested 1201 and the 801 and te signal lost is on both RXen.

If i fly my 120D02S and my MiniCP for a long time nothing is happenig,everthing works fine.

With the Devo10 i have a couple of 801 Rx and only 2 RX1201.

So if the 12 channel RX dont work with the Devo10 i dont care.

Grtz Ed
I suspect that HobbyOne could be the Internet retail division of Walkera. I would contact them and send the transmitter back for repair. The telemetry is theid module and I don't think Walkera will charge you.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Mar 27, 2012, 09:28 PM
DLY
HobbyOne
Joined Aug 2011
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianos007 View Post
I give up

I bench tested and after 20 min there was a signal los for a few seconds.

Lets hope the Devo10 will be better.They send the TX today i think it will be in Belgium in a couple of days.

There is a contact person at walkera named Sheila i will post here email .

Looking for it now

Che is a fast email responding girl.

Maybe che can help us faster than the rest.

Grtz Ed
HI,there.

All the DEVO series radio using the DSSS SYSTEM.

For the DEVO12 signal los problems I will reply to you as soon as we check with the radio .
DLY is offline Find More Posts by DLY
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 28, 2012, 01:34 PM
USA, SC, Easley
Joined Sep 2009
481 Posts
Please let us know. I just purchased a replacement and will leave the non-telemetry software installed until we know what is causing this problem. It may not even be related to the software. As soon as I get the new radio I will do the same testing and see what happens. Will post just as soon as I get it done.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 10:43 AM
USA, SC, Easley
Joined Sep 2009
481 Posts
Have received another Devo12 and have tested it with both the RX802s I have and the RX1202 it came with. After over an hour and a half between all the receivers I did not get even one lock out. This makes me feel a bit more confident in the radio. Problem is that I bought it as a Devo12S, the invoice says Devo12S but the radio says Devo12, and has a silver case which I prefer. The software is old Version .08 which means this radio was produced a while back, maybe it was upgraded by Walkera. I am waiting to hear back from the seller. Also not sure when and if I want to update the software.
Old Apr 05, 2012, 12:43 PM
Joined Feb 2008
76 Posts
12s

Glad to hear the new one is working! I was under the impression that the 12s was black but maybe feed back convinced them to stick to the silver. Keep us posted.
Heli8ight is offline Find More Posts by Heli8ight
Old Apr 05, 2012, 01:20 PM
USA, SC, Easley
Joined Sep 2009
481 Posts
Just got a message back from the seller and he said it looked like they sent me a reg. Devo12. I really do not want to ship back, question is do I just let them send me the module and it is the same as the 12S? From what I understand it would be. Next question is does the module send and receive? Fiqure if the Devo12 has one in it to replace it much be replacing the transmitter portion as well which could lead to the problems list the fellow listed above. What a PITA, but I still really like the radio so will continue to sort it out.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:32 AM
stoke on trent UK
Joined Feb 2010
105 Posts
help walkera 12s

please before i throw this in the bin. can anybody tell me how to set the aux 6 knob to pitch on a heli? i have set all the settings but it just dont work!!! aaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!
roger200 is offline Find More Posts by roger200
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:08 AM
Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Joined Feb 2010
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbird2800 View Post
Just got a message back from the seller and he said it looked like they sent me a reg. Devo12. I really do not want to ship back, question is do I just let them send me the module and it is the same as the 12S? From what I understand it would be. Next question is does the module send and receive? Fiqure if the Devo12 has one in it to replace it much be replacing the transmitter portion as well which could lead to the problems list the fellow listed above. What a PITA, but I still really like the radio so will continue to sort it out.
Yes! The difference between the Devo12 and Devo12S is just a little detail in the module: the old module couldn't be set in receive mode, and that is essential for telemetry.

Depending on the firmware on your Devo12, you may also have to update it in order to enable the telemetry function. But for telemetry to be useful, you must have a receiver with telemetry built in too.
haddad is offline Find More Posts by haddad
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:14 AM
Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Joined Feb 2010
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger200 View Post
please before i throw this in the bin. can anybody tell me how to set the aux 6 knob to pitch on a heli? i have set all the settings but it just dont work!!! aaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Why do you want to control pitch with the AUX6 knob???

When in heli mode, the pitch curve is derived from the throttle and idle mode switch...

If don't want this automatic mixing, you must use the plane mode instead.
haddad is offline Find More Posts by haddad
Old Apr 15, 2012, 09:07 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
4,985 Posts
Didn't see it posted anywhere on it but HiModel now has the 12S telemetry sensor station, GPS unit, and RPM sensor for sale.

http://www.himodel.com/sort.php?sub2=GC&brand=8

Need a current sensor and a way to get PPM out and I'd be a happy camper. But without PPM out it won't work for me.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:31 AM
USA, SC, Easley
Joined Sep 2009
481 Posts
Have 5 flights on the new Devo12 and it worked perfectly. It is an older giant scale warbird so I felt like pushing it a bit. I flew to the limit of my vision with out a single issue. For what ever reason I felt more connected than I did with my previous radio, don't know the latency for the Devo but it feels good. On landing I always felt the plane was slow to respond to input but it now feels great, faster, whatever. The radio is not the telemetry unit and the seller sent me the upgrade telemetry module for the radio but until I purchase a telemetry module for the plane I don't see a reason to install the module in the radio since it is working well. I need to update the software and hope this does not cause a problem.
Couple of questions I need answered to see if I want to update the software:
1. The power output meter on the radio home screen alway shows max power even if power output is set to minimum. Is this fixed with the update? I would had to get stupid and forget to increase power after a range check and fly and crash due to limited range.
2. On the flap menu you can not set it to control two channels and had to do a mix to make it work. On my P47 I need two flap channels so I can reverse one of them. The mix works but seems like a work around for poor flap software. Will the new software control two flaps?
3. Does the new software allow you to control servo speed? I hate to see flaps bang down and prefer to slow the servos so they come down slow. Every radio I have had for the past 5 years has had this feature.

If there is one thing I would like to see is for Walkera to update the receivers to send receiver battery voltage to the transmitter without having a seperate module in the plane. The one thing I really like about the Hitec is that function is always there wheather you choose to add all the other stuff or not. Especially when a 8 channel receiver can be bought for 34.00 and the telemetry unit is 60.00??

Seems the radio could be a real contender in the market but will need better support to get there.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:48 AM
Belgium
Joined Jan 2011
139 Posts
I also bought a new Devo12S and this one is working fine no signal los anymore like the previus one.

I had signal los with al my recievers from the 801 to the 1202

Old and new firmware and i even bought a new module to test.

They say(Walkera) they wil take contact again after i explained my problem.

I send them a picture of the module they asked for.

I am still waiting for a answer

I dont think they will contact me .

This is a nice TX but the service sucks big time

Fine to here yours is working fine without lock outs anymore.

Grtz Ed
brianos007 is offline Find More Posts by brianos007