HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:35 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
5,935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyhelis View Post
The wind kicked up late yesterday but I was not one with my helicopter, it wasn't worth driving 30 miles in total to check it out. On Thursday we are supposed to be able to move back in, I should have a chance to fly then.

Yeah it looks like you need to buy a telemetry unit that hooks to the RX then the sensing unit that hooks to the telemetry. The GPS is a add on too. They want too much money for the limited things it will do, not worth it to me.

Yes, my Wife found the cat, so she is safe & sound Thank-You for asking.
The new cat carrier was defective & the door lock wouldn't stay locked due to some missing parts. So I returned it & got a different type with zippers, it is bigger & has a pop out side section like a crank out RV side section.

So, did you end up flying at 5:00 A.M. ?
You know what. I've said it from the start. Telemetry is a gimmick. for all the extra wires and devices and weight. The only useful thing is the battery alarm and maybe the thermometers. But for all the extra weight, i'd rather just get a battery alarm and hope everything stays cool At least until they come out with GPS auto pilots for FPV systems like planes currently have. It's a good thing i never got a devo too. Because the TX and RX for both are almost double the price. I was picking up 2801 stuff for dirt cheap. Until they stopped producing the RX for their helicopers. Thats fun considering they only released it in 2010 or 2011. So two years is the most you can expect for parts support from walkera, IMO. Because they are likely to come out with the next "new" thing and leave you in the dust counting dollars hoping you have enough to keep flying the helicopters you already own and paid for. Can you imagine if car companies discontinued parts 2 years after release of a model? No one would ever buy from that company again. I just can't understand how people see Walkera any differently.

Interestingly enough, the other day i asked a dealer what he would give me for my 1994 ford ranger pickup truck. He didn't even offer me enough to go out and buy a new Gaui X5 with TX/RX and make it fly. Nope. He offered me about $1100 for it. Thats sad, imo. I'll just keep the thing. Funny thing about it, i've seen broken 700's sell for more than that on ebay.

Glad your cat was okay too. I hope you get back home soon and with no issues.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Sep 19, 2012 at 08:49 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:34 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
1,995 Posts
http://m.rc.runryder.com/helicopter/...0697&PG=1&IN=1

This is 8 minutes from me,

Looks like im gonna fly infront of people lol. I just signed up for ama membership. Come on down integrity. Your the closest!
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:20 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
5,935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
http://m.rc.runryder.com/helicopter/...0697&PG=1&IN=1

This is 8 minutes from me,

Looks like im gonna fly infront of people lol. I just signed up for ama membership. Come on down integrity. Your the closest!
Maybe when i have a heli that won't be laughed out of the event

I did just get my car fixed and you can't be any more than what 3 hours away? it's only about 1.5-2 hours to the Georgia line from here. What did AMA membership end up costing you? I'm going to need to get the X5 insured when i get it.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:26 AM
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,339 Posts
Quote:

Yeah it looks like you need to buy a telemetry unit that hooks to the RX then the sensing unit that hooks to the telemetry. The GPS is a add on too. They want too much money for the limited things it will do, not worth it to me.
Yep - the battery monitor is nice to have for free in the LB/Hoten etc but not worth an add on component at this time. A throttle stick controlled timer is fine for me.

Quote:
Yes, my Wife found the cat, so she is safe & sound Thank-You for asking.
The new cat carrier was defective & the door lock wouldn't stay locked due to some missing parts. So I returned it & got a different type with zippers, it is bigger & has a pop out side section like a crank out RV side section.
Sounds like your cat has got the sweet life there! It is probably bigger than my entire Japan flat...

Quote:
So, did you end up flying at 5:00 A.M. ?
Well, I got up, looked out the window, it was a bit windy and generally quite unpromising so I gave up and went back to bed. It did rain at ~7ish and the wind got worse through the day. It was pretty nice out by 10 but too windy for a heli... probably too windy for my 4 string Flexifoil Rage power kite which has yet to be maidened as well.

I received the kit for my first tricopter too so I'll have to secretly build that one up while the wife is looking the other way, then bring it to work and keep it around here instead!

Everyone else thinks I'm obsessed by flying things but I'm not really... I'm like you lot - normal... it's everyone else that's odd!
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:34 AM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
1,995 Posts
Well i payed 58 bucks for a year , and now for another 20 bucks at the event i can fly.... I didnt think about the v450 getting laughed at , im more worried about me flying infront of people lol. Any heli,
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:44 AM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,482 Posts
New heli

So guys did u know there is a new heli V450D03 coming out?
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:02 AM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
1,941 Posts
Can someone verify if the roller that sits on top of the belt at the tail assembly has two or one bearings in it? I'm about to replace my whole tail assembly and roller only has one bearings and I don't think the side brackets will hold.

This is the rotor that located sitting on the belt to provide some tensions to the belt.
Torch8 is offline Find More Posts by Torch8
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:03 AM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
1,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
Me too, I would like to use the v450d03 canopy or parts if possible on my v450d01.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:57 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
5,935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
Yep - the battery monitor is nice to have for free in the LB/Hoten etc but not worth an add on component at this time. A throttle stick controlled timer is fine for me.

Sounds like your cat has got the sweet life there! It is probably bigger than my entire Japan flat...

Well, I got up, looked out the window, it was a bit windy and generally quite unpromising so I gave up and went back to bed. It did rain at ~7ish and the wind got worse through the day. It was pretty nice out by 10 but too windy for a heli... probably too windy for my 4 string Flexifoil Rage power kite which has yet to be maidened as well.

I received the kit for my first tricopter too so I'll have to secretly build that one up while the wife is looking the other way, then bring it to work and keep it around here instead!

Everyone else thinks I'm obsessed by flying things but I'm not really... I'm like you lot - normal... it's everyone else that's odd!
Thats the first time anyone has referenced "normal" in my direction. In 2012, at least in America, honestly i take offense to being called "normal". This just can't be! I'm not fat, lazy or stupid. There is no way i am normal! Or anyone else here for that matter. Okay, i might be a little soft around the waist, but thats all i'm giving you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Well i payed 58 bucks for a year , and now for another 20 bucks at the event i can fly.... I didnt think about the v450 getting laughed at , im more worried about me flying infront of people lol. Any heli,
LOL, i'd show up with my v450 weairing an Align Canopy if i were you . Or just bring the 600, lol. No, i'm sure it's fine. Most people would actually be amazed, after the reputation Walkera has built around these kind of people, at how well it flies and how stable and nimble it actually can be. You know, compared to the rumors. I thought the last time i checked AMA it was around $80 a year. Perhaps i was looking at the wrong package or the price came down?

Anyway, don't be nervous. I have not been to this type of event in your area. In fact the only time i was at an event like this was before i was actually flying. It was a really big one in Jacksonville. They have a huge place up there, right between the two of us. People were crashing left and right. Honestly. people are so busy checking everything out that half the time they aren't even paying attention to the random fliers. Only when they do the announced events or night flights. Otherwise everyone is too busy with "Hey lets get a hot dog, WOW do you see that super scale heli over there!??", "Hey lets get another hot dog!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
For everyone else's sake, i sure hope not. I think it's a cheaper made version of the D01 with a much more likely to break frame. My v450 has had MANY, MANY hard crashes. The frame is still in one piece. I doubt that will happen with this one. Plus the new canopy is too dark colored and again and much uglier than the original D01 canopy too, just imo. (they never listen to their existing customers anyway)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8 View Post
Can someone verify if the roller that sits on top of the belt at the tail assembly has two or one bearings in it? I'm about to replace my whole tail assembly and roller only has one bearings and I don't think the side brackets will hold.

This is the rotor that located sitting on the belt to provide some tensions to the belt.
It only has one bearing and it should be tight inside. It needs to generally be pressed into the roller wheel. If it's very loose, you can use some CA, VERY CAREFULLY, to lock it's outside race to the wheel maybe. But honestly it should be fine either way because the bushings will hold the bearing in place. What will occur is the wheel it's self moving back and forth and slipping a little. I don't think it will cause much of an issue. But i always buy my tail boxes in at least twos. Because i have broken the little rocker arm holder so many times in crashes. This way you will also have some spare wheels. I had one that was loose, and just used the other. Lucky for you i recently completed my tail section build of the new v450. I had to put the rest on hold because i didn't have the bearing block to hold the belt drive gears. It was the one thing i forgot to order i guess. So i'll upload a these pictures for you now. The rest i'll have to upload later.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:19 AM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
1,941 Posts
Thanks alot IntegrityHndywrk for the details on rotor tensioner. I see you are using a white belt?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:22 AM
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Thats the first time anyone has referenced "normal" in my direction. In 2012, at least in America, honestly i take offense to being called "normal". This just can't be! I'm not fat, lazy or stupid. There is no way i am normal! Or anyone else here for that matter. Okay, i might be a little soft around the waist, but thats all i'm giving you here!
Normal depends on your reference IHWK... don't worry
No way I'm 'normal' - I'm a Brit that speaks 4 languages, has lived in France and even likes French people (well some of them at least!!), can eat more than fish fingers, chips and ketchup, can tell the difference between beer and fizzy pi$$, etc etc...

And apart from all the other stuff... I have a particularly unhealthy obsession for anything that flies even though I don't have a place to fly it...
I need to buy more drinks in PET bottles make floats and fly off the nearby canal.

I just need a rescue boat for when it all goes t!ts up.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:35 AM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
1,941 Posts
main blades

Which main blades (doesn't have to be 3D capable) fits perfectly on V450d01? Got some woodies from HK and they don't fit. I don't want to have to sand them.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:54 AM
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,339 Posts
Quote:
Which main blades (doesn't have to be 3D capable) fits perfectly on V450d01? Got some woodies from HK and they don't fit. I don't want to have to sand them.
I have some RCX blades from MyRCMart.com on mine. They are white (mainly) and work with no messing.

http://www.myrcmart.com/rcx-3k-carbo...4t97ht0m053l20
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:26 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
5,935 Posts
Quote:
Thanks alot IntegrityHndywrk for the details on rotor tensioner. I see you are using a white belt?
No, it's a new stock belt. all parts are brand new. it's shiny so the flash made it look that way.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:34 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
5,935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
Normal depends on your reference IHWK... don't worry
No way I'm 'normal' - I'm a Brit that speaks 4 languages, has lived in France and even likes French people (well some of them at least!!), can eat more than fish fingers, chips and ketchup, can tell the difference between beer and fizzy pi$$, etc etc...

And apart from all the other stuff... I have a particularly unhealthy obsession for anything that flies even though I don't have a place to fly it...
I need to buy more drinks in PET bottles make floats and fly off the nearby canal.

I just need a rescue boat for when it all goes t!ts up.
I've thought about it myself. But it would sink.
Quote:
If your not doing 3D these blades are cheap and awesome. Even if you are these are better than wood. The 335mm is stock length.

www.helidirect.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=335mm&categori es_id=120&inc_subcat=1

or you can go with 325mm:
www.helidirect.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=325mm&categori es_id=120&inc_subcat=1