Old Oct 17, 2014, 10:28 PM
Themadartist
Australia, QLD, Narangba
Joined Nov 2012
249 Posts
Help!
Cap in hand ...

Hello everyone,

I have been considering a moulded project for some time and when I mentioned it to a friend a little while ago, he offered to cut some moulds or plugs on his CNC.

Another RC Groups member offered to do the 3D CAD work, in Rhino, gratis.

I drew the 2D stuff in AutoCAD and my son Mat converted it to Rhino with his school-based 'trial' version of Rhino.

All was going well until a week ago when my 3D guy advised he could no longer assist.

So I am wondering if there is anyone out there who would be willing to take my existing 2D and initial 3D stuff and finish my model. For ease of use my friend with the CNC insists on the modelling being done in Rhino.

I know I could not meet the 'real costs' of doing this work, but I am willing to contribute something if that is what you would like.

I haven't given any details of the project here, but suffice to say I don't think it is terribly complicated. I just don't have any 3D skills, or software. Luckily I can view Rhino files through my son's laptop.

Feel free to PM me if you wish.

Thanks, Steve
Guy97 is offline Find More Posts by Guy97
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2014, 02:19 AM
Themadartist
Australia, QLD, Narangba
Joined Nov 2012
249 Posts
Thanks to all who responded - looks like I have a generous soul who can take my design to 3D.

All the best, Steve
Guy97 is offline Find More Posts by Guy97
Closed Thread