HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 05, 2013, 12:10 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
ohhh man....and I thought I had a hard time with so much black on my 500

Really nice looking but I after having the neon red and gray I really like that combo on my 770 Though the pics dont due the brightness justice....

I just found this new style for the 500 which I think I might have to try out as it has quite a bit less black on the sides than my current one..
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2013, 12:42 PM
RC Heli Addict
United States, GA, Dublin
Joined Mar 2013
235 Posts
I don't really care what color scheme they have. I think that the Goblin series is one of the most asthetically pleasing heli's out on the market. Of course I think that almost any of the heli's out there that people put their time and effort into are great looking. There are only a few that I simply do not like the look of, but there's only a few of them.
shaun.evans09 is offline Find More Posts by shaun.evans09
Old Jul 05, 2013, 04:27 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
While it is true they look good in any color scheme, at a distance certain colors become less appealing.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Jul 05, 2013, 07:13 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,626 Posts
That is one thing the guys were saying today at the field. One of our other club members got the yellow and maidened it last week. I got my red one up this week and all the guys said the red was the better choice.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:10 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,275 Posts
Tell you what. I hate the green when it is up. Especially on a cloudy day. The yellow/reds show up much better. But nothing draws a crowd like the Goblin when it is setting out. I always have guys wanting to look mine over. I should be putting my larger one back together this next week. With the brighter canopy...

One thing I would like to hear about from you guys. What do you think about the power with the versions you are building? Do they need more?
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Jul 11, 2013, 09:42 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Tell you what. I hate the green when it is up. Especially on a cloudy day. The yellow/reds show up much better. But nothing draws a crowd like the Goblin when it is setting out. I always have guys wanting to look mine over. I should be putting my larger one back together this next week. With the brighter canopy...

One thing I would like to hear about from you guys. What do you think about the power with the versions you are building? Do they need more?
I had that the other day at a fun fly. After I got done flying a guy came over and asked if he could just touch it! lol!

I just tonight put on the 17t pulley. I have the quantum 4120 motor. I like to run all my helis with the motor at peak efficiency and that is usually around 90%. With the 18t I had no bogging, but I am thinking with the belt drive it's a little harder the hear than a all gear heli. Also the motor and battery were coming down hot.

I also just got my Pulse 4500 pack. It's too long to use the strap that came with the goblin, but I took a smaller strap and used them together.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 11, 2013, 10:02 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
I run a 4020-1350 and other has heaps of power.

Mhills that is weird on the strap. My 4400s fit with excess which is a 10ish mm difference compared to the pulse. I know some running 5000's. Maybe your straps came too short or something.

How's the heli...and the tail turning out?
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Jul 11, 2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 10:21 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,626 Posts
Well the new KDS fork really freed up the tail. I can't blame this on SAB. I did use a ball allen to install the pins in the fork. I was getting bad wag after the change. I loaded it on the computer and found I was using 92% gain. I lowered it to 89 and it has been perfect.

Here is the difference in the packs one is a 4100 and the other is the 4500
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 12, 2013, 07:06 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,626 Posts
Boy did I luck out! I found one XT-90 plug. So I soldered it on, but I didn't have a female plug to take the heat away. So I plugged in a extra RX that worked with one wire, but I was not going to power up the speed control for the second. So I just soldered fast. God I hope it holds!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2013, 05:14 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,626 Posts
Got some pics of mine in the air.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2013, 06:42 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,275 Posts
Outstanding!
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Dec 06, 2013, 10:19 AM
Chad deQuevedo of Olyphant, PA
United States, PA, Olyphant
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
My LHS just started selling Goblin SAB and when I went last night, the 500 was the only one left. I put money down on it and I will have it by Christmas. I have completely taken apart other heli's and reassembled them, but this is my first kit. I can't wait to start working on it.
Micubano is online now Find More Posts by Micubano
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Optim 80 CP Review