SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:54 PM
Poteau, OK
Joined Nov 2008
488 Posts
Discussion
What A Maroon...

SO, all week the daughter (lives 1 hour away) has been wanting Honey Buns n' me to bring the C/L planes n' stuff with us when we came over to her part of the world this afternoon to return the grand daughter. She said she had found a good place to fly in her town. (I am surprised at her excitement upon my reactivating in C/L flying.)

Thus, after getting home from church and having a quick lunch, it was load up and head her way.

She was right, she has found a pretty decent place to fly. Up came the hatchback, out came the loads of stuff, chairs all placed, planes laid out, toolbox opened, flight box ready... then Honey Buns asks: "Where's the fuel?"

Fuel?

CRAP!!!!

Yup... it was still in the garage... some 1 hour away.

I'm such a maroon.
LA Ming is offline Find More Posts by LA Ming
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:43 AM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Joined Mar 2005
3,364 Posts
You and me both!

I did the same thing about a week ago.

I went and flew helicopters, then went to fly the P-39, moved the car, walked halfway out to the U-Control area, and remembered that I had taken the Glow Starter out of the field box for charging.

I know exactly how you feel...
Ah Clem is offline Find More Posts by Ah Clem
Old Dec 17, 2012, 04:46 PM
United States, SC, Columbia
Joined May 2010
1,364 Posts
I could easily do the same type thing. I try to avoid it by writing my must-have inventory on the lid of the box. I've managed to get into the habit of reading it before I go.
RknRusty is offline Find More Posts by RknRusty
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:41 PM
Bigiron
Wichita KS
Joined Oct 2010
88 Posts
Seniod CRS

Last yesr I drove a mite over 170 miles to a stunt contest. I entered Classic stunt, PAMPA stunt and Old time stunt. Everything went fine in Classic and PAMPA then they called me for Old time!. got out the pit box, support box, fuel uhhhh HMMMM Where is the plane??? Back home on the basemant floor!!! Forgot the whole plane.
Talk about CRS-- I had a bad case of it.

bigiron
Bigiron is offline Find More Posts by Bigiron
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:28 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Jul 2010
209 Posts
I went out to a local site last summer to fly some free flight models, dug out my coupe, set up the winding stooge, then realized the container of rubber motors was the one that held old scraps. I had to make up a 10 gram (guestimate) motor out of about six small pieces. Hilarious!
Gnu4FF is offline Find More Posts by Gnu4FF
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:04 AM
Western KY
Joined Sep 2003
1,618 Posts
If it can be forgotten, I've forgotten it. The only thing I've not done is leave a transmitter on the truck bumper (so far )
Andrew0820 is offline Find More Posts by Andrew0820
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:38 PM
Joined May 2010
1,364 Posts
I did it too. Switched planes, cranked it needled it, ran out to the control handle and picked it up. When I pulled to release the stooge, the lines had no tension. Because the clips were lying on the ground under the plane. I never hooked it up. At the time I had several eager spectators waiting for me to give them an exhibition. I only showed them What A Maroon I was!
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:14 PM
Joined Jan 2008
1,208 Posts
I have a couple of good incidents which I will not relate. When people give me directions and say, "Don't turn left on Hwy 16.", I invariably turn left on Hwy 16. So I try not to tell 'don't dos'.
Jim Thomerson is online now Find More Posts by Jim Thomerson
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:38 PM
Joined Apr 2012
537 Posts
I showed up at Whittier Narrows with out my cross wrench. (Austin Craft) CL flyers there had mercy and let me use theirs.
tigreflyer is offline Find More Posts by tigreflyer
Last edited by tigreflyer; Dec 22, 2012 at 11:31 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:51 PM
Missileer Extraordinaire
Joined Jun 2001
2,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew0820 View Post
If it can be forgotten, I've forgotten it. The only thing I've not done is leave a transmitter on the truck bumper (so far )
Left two on the top of a station wagon. Got home and they were still there. Did not learn my lesson and did it again. You know, a transmitter sliding across the pavement will sand off about half the stick length.......

Downright embarrassing when you go out for a fun fly 50 miles away and leave your handle at home......
Mel Duval is offline Find More Posts by Mel Duval
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:33 PM
Joined Jan 2009
130 Posts
Real Morons

That is child stuff. Real morons do the following. Back in the early days of RC after a flying session two friends were talking as one loaded his field box in the car trunk and then sat his single channel transmitter on top of his field box. He continued to carry on his conversation while turning around and closed the trunk lid. Well, needless to say the antena was forced to the bottom of the trany case wipping out all the electronics and circuit board. Another real moron laid his trany on top of the car while loading his airplane in the trunk. He got in the car and drove home only to realize later he no longer had a transmitter. I'm sure there are other real moron stories yet to be told. Logair
logair8452 is offline Find More Posts by logair8452
Old Jan 02, 2013, 07:55 AM
United States, CA, Carson
Joined Dec 2012
24 Posts
i am sure everyone has their own moron stories.
That was something funny and will kept in memories.

I had many time with this.
saab2 is offline Find More Posts by saab2
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:07 PM
Poteau, OK
Joined Nov 2008
488 Posts
I bow in awe to all the Moronic Greatness that resides on this forum.

LA Ming is offline Find More Posts by LA Ming
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:10 PM
Joined May 2010
1,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Ming View Post
I bow in awe to all the Moronic Greatness that resides on this forum.

Duh, fanks a lot Ming.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:13 PM
Joined Jan 2009
130 Posts
stupid is as stupid does

Stupid is as stupid does!! Famous quote by famous moron. Logair
logair8452 is offline Find More Posts by logair8452