HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2012, 02:56 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,996 Posts
hobbyking are still selling the dongle , I just found one, and they are also on ebay,

I bought one as a spare/replacement for use with my reflex xtr, which I fully paid for...because if you loose or wreck your original dongle its not cheap to get a new one..and the gadget works just fine

Any pirating of software is not good for software companies, that I definitely agree with.. unfortunately a lot software is at stupidly high over inflated prices and with some products there is not much else available to use, that will only encourage the pirating of the product.. Is the cost of such software justified, I don't know, but I seriously doubt it..
Copying products, is another issue, manufacturing competition is always going to be there.Our politicians are always saying that "competition is good for the economy", if you can make something cheaper than the next guy door, your product will sell better..The clones from china either use the same parts as the original, because its already available or they knock out their own parts..
Are the look alikes as good, is it wrong to copy?
Do we have a right to say you cant make that, or sell something that looks the same, I don't think so.. Or we would be hammering car look alikes or vacuum cleaners that look and work the same, and any number of other products.. fashion down to cornflakes ..
When you make a good product you have only a certain length of time before similar products are being sold.. If you can get patents that may give you a bit more time.. but not much, because as you say china and other countries don't play by our rules
At the end of the day a good product will sell and a poor one will soon be reviewed on the internet and will die out..
'Brand Names'.... Its up to you what you buy.. Is the name really worth anything.. does that name make it better quality..
Its Your Choice
davereap is offline Find More Posts by davereap
Last edited by davereap; Sep 26, 2012 at 03:42 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:10 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davereap View Post
unfortunately a lot software is at stupidly high over inflated prices and with some products there is not much else available to use,
If you think a product's price is too high, DON'T BUY IT! The price of a product doesn't give you the right to steal it!
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:11 AM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn View Post
If you think a product's price is too high, DON'T BUY IT! The price of a product doesn't give you the right to steal it!
Astin Martin DB9 here I come!

jeffpn is correct. While personally I feel a good number of sims are over inflated video games (my opinion) and the pricing model should be equal to that it is in fact an incorrect assumption. While they may be video games that are overinflated given the specific nature of the product (read niche market) the pricing model is reflected in that. Instead of selling 9 million units at $50 each they may sell 100,000 at $150 each.

By not paying the fee you are stealing from the people who labored to produce the sim.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:46 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,996 Posts
please actually read my post, dont take one part out of context...

I did buy my reflex xtr, and would also buy any software or hardware or products, that are worth the money..
I wasnt only talking about sims...I was generalising

And you are correct... If any product is overpriced or of poor quality the answer is not only dont buy it, but to let people know its poor and save them the wasting their money.
davereap is offline Find More Posts by davereap
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:14 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Quote:
the answer is not only dont buy it, but to let people know its poor and save them the wasting their money.
Again, a fallacy. Of course, share your opinions, if you wish. But just because you think a product is poor doesn't mean that it is indeed a poor product. People are different. We don't all think the same. What you consider a waste of money might be the same thing I'm delighted to save up for three months, and love when I get it.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:04 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,470 Posts
Quote:
please actually read my post, dont take one part out of context...

I did buy my reflex xtr, and would also buy any software or hardware or products, that are worth the money..
I wasnt only talking about sims...I was generalising

And you are correct... If any product is overpriced or of poor quality the answer is not only dont buy it, but to let people know its poor and save them the wasting their money.
Seeing how that dongle is not officially licensed by the software maker nothing was taken out of context. It's still a piracy device and you are spending your money to support that.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:37 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Why is this thread still here???
Old Sep 29, 2012, 02:00 AM
United States, KY, Vine Grove
Joined Jun 2012
238 Posts
Whew, almost too late...

I'm a Noob and I would tell anyone that Phoenix is worth every penny.

Stop being a cheap-skate (been there..) and bite the bullet. It's 3 weeks later and I've been "training" with my new-used JR9503x. Primarily I've been flying Model Name T-28 Trojan (to be my first ship) a couple days a week a little each day, and I'm nearing the edge of flight. No instructor, just me. Some more serious practice time in the coming weeks and soon I'll be in a field with me , myself , and I .

Bottom line, this software has above-average value. And I know the feeling of not wanting to pay for software for whatever reason but this one is worth it.
vg33 is offline Find More Posts by vg33