Number_6 is offline Find More Posts by Number_6
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,243 Posts
Several questions about the Android doppler application. When I got it it was called RCspeedo but I think it is now owned by Hobby King.

It works well if you fly a low straight flight over the phone without throttle change. I set my phone on the ground. I will turn the app on and set my phone on the ground with the volume at max. A woman's voice will say the speed as the plane flies over.

I have heard that it doesn't work well with many older phones but it worked with my old Galaxy S.

Here is a ink to the free trial version. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...edotrial&hl=en

Read the reviews. It has worked well for me. I wonder if some of the bad reviews is because people don't know how to use it.

Here is the link for the full version https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rcspeedo&hl=en

Lee is online now Find More Posts by Lee
Last edited by Lee; Yesterday at 12:53 PM.
Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM
United States, CA, Manteca
Joined Mar 2013
809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_6 View Post
Looks like 3s is the way to go with the 3000.

3S is fun but 4S is more than fun.

RDI
I have the 3536-1800 on my reaper and that is a power house. I haven't done it but there are many examples on that motor on 4S setups that kill it. The weight is just more than what i would feel is fun on the assassin.
sr175 is online now Find More Posts by sr175
Old Today, 10:30 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,243 Posts
This video shows the Doppler that was discussed. Notice the variation. The run has to be constant speed and close to the phone without a throttle change to get numbers that mean anything.

90 mph on a 26" wing feels real fast.

Scythe 93 MPH with Doppler demo (5 min 17 sec)
Lee is online now Find More Posts by Lee